PDA

View Full Version : Still need help, video included this time

daza-b
Tuesday 20th March 2012, 17:21
this is what is happening with my car, with a non turbo ecu it starts up, with a t5 ecu it dies, here is the video:

http://youtu.be/dlYrjjEYDLE

i have had an ecu sent out too with the transponder, key and barrel and still nothing, is my car ever going to work again? :(:(

t5 pete
Tuesday 20th March 2012, 17:31
have you changed the bottom where the ecu fits in or is that still the original?

daza-b
Tuesday 20th March 2012, 18:11
have you changed the bottom where the ecu fits in or is that still the original?

iv changed the engine loom side yea

M-R-P
Tuesday 20th March 2012, 19:15
Is there any way you can get the N/A ecu remapped to accomodate the turbo? Im sure it can be done, just need someone to come to you...

daza-b
Tuesday 20th March 2012, 19:16
Is there any way you can get the N/A ecu remapped to accomodate the turbo? Im sure it can be done, just need someone to come to you...

i asked turbo tuner and he says no way ho say :((

M-R-P
Tuesday 20th March 2012, 19:31
Hmmm, ecu for the car works (just) ecu for engine doesnt.
Maybe key, ignition barrel and immobiliser from donor ecu, perhaps taping the donor ecu's key to the steering cowl, just to make the immobiliser happy?
There's gotta be something left of the old system, screwing up the T5 system. Hmmm

daza-b
Tuesday 20th March 2012, 20:16
Hmmm, ecu for the car works (just) ecu for engine doesnt.
Maybe key, ignition barrel and immobiliser from donor ecu, perhaps taping the donor ecu's key to the steering cowl, just to make the immobiliser happy?
There's gotta be something left of the old system, screwing up the T5 system. Hmmm

i know its drivin me mad! i have swapped all the donor ecu system over, i really dont know what to do :(

M-R-P
Tuesday 20th March 2012, 20:32
Have you put the donor key near the ignition barrel when you try starting, so the ecu picks up the other key.

daza-b
Tuesday 20th March 2012, 20:52
Have you put the donor key near the ignition barrel when you try starting, so the ecu picks up the other key.

yea i changed the whole barrel, with the new transponder and everything, to be honest ill be very surprised if i get it going, i think there is something missing with the way its being, i may be wrong, i know im going to have to buy another t5 with the look of it as a donor for just the wiring :(

M-R-P
Tuesday 20th March 2012, 21:06
Hmmm, I don't feel there's something missing, more like something extra. the way it still starts on its original ecu but not on the one from the T5, says to me theres a bit of the old system in there, overpowering the T5.
I could be talking twaddle, I'm working on the logic i use to fix industrial machinary, which doesnt often fail ;)

daza-b
Tuesday 20th March 2012, 21:07
Hmmm, I don't feel there's something missing, more like something extra. the way it still starts on its original ecu but not on the one from the T5, says to me theres a bit of the old system in there, overpowering the T5.
I could be talking twaddle, I'm working on the logic i use to fix industrial machinary, which doesnt often fail ;)

no i think your right buddy, its just figuring it out lol

M-R-P
Tuesday 20th March 2012, 21:25
If only I was closer mate, I'd rip it down with ya and we'd get it nailed one way or the other. I'm gonna keep googling til I find something useful ;)

daza-b
Tuesday 20th March 2012, 21:29
If only I was closer mate, I'd rip it down with ya and we'd get it nailed one way or the other. I'm gonna keep googling til I find something useful ;)

really appreciate it bud, im going mental lol

M-R-P
Tuesday 20th March 2012, 21:32
Just chill and wait for that control module. Hopefully all will be well.

Dangerous Dave
Tuesday 20th March 2012, 21:44
What year is the original ecu and what year is the T5 ecu?

daza-b
Tuesday 20th March 2012, 21:47
What year is the original ecu and what year is the T5 ecu?

its was a 1999 2.5 10v pre me7 style with a siemans ecu and the t5 was a 1999 (on the logbook) but 1997 on ebay???? pre me7 with a bosch ecu

merc85
Tuesday 20th March 2012, 21:48
Havent really followed this thread, but have you conveted a pre me7 car to me7?

If this is the case there is a Black box which sits on top of the instrument panel/cluster on the me7 car.

Does your's have this?

daza-b
Tuesday 20th March 2012, 21:50
Havent really followed this thread, but have you conveted a pre me7 car to me7?

If this is the case there is a Black box which sits on top of the instrument panel/cluster on the me7 car.

Does your's have this?

no mate both pre me7

AndysR
Tuesday 20th March 2012, 21:52
Was the T5 you've taken the running gear from auto or manual and was the car you've fitted it into auto or manual?

daza-b
Tuesday 20th March 2012, 21:53
Was the T5 you've taken the running gear from auto or manual and was the car you've fitted it into auto or manual?

both auto mate :)

AndysR
Tuesday 20th March 2012, 21:56
Ok...

So it starts and runs with the old ecu but not the new one. I think this means you can rule out any of the engine's sensors and ignition/fuel system.

Is the gearbox in the car the cars original box or was the box swapped over from the donor car as well?

Depending on the above which autobox ecu have you currently got fitted?

daza-b
Tuesday 20th March 2012, 21:57
Ok...

So it starts and runs with the old ecu but not the new one. I think this means you can rule out any of the engine's sensors and ignition/fuel system.

Is the gearbox in the car the cars original box or was the box swapped over from the donor car as well?

Depending on the above which autobox ecu have you currently got fitted?

iv changed everything from the donor car, the auto box from the donor, the ecus are off the donor car too

AndysR
Tuesday 20th March 2012, 21:59
But with both ecu's it just cranks? Or does it crank, fire but immediately stall?

Dangerous Dave
Tuesday 20th March 2012, 22:01
OK, problem might be the 2.5 10V ecu is a Siemens Fenix 5.2 and the T5 ecu is a Motronic 4.4.

The problem could be simply the wiring is wrong to the ecu (even though you fitted the T5 loom the immobiliser wiring might still be different before the engine loom).

I am looking for the two wiring diagrams for both ecu/engines. Will let you know if I find anything

daza-b
Tuesday 20th March 2012, 22:01
Or does it crank, fire but immediately stall?

that one mate

daza-b
Tuesday 20th March 2012, 22:02
OK, problem might be the 2.5 10V ecu is a Siemens Fenix 5.2 and the T5 ecu is a Motronic 4.4.

The problem could be simply the wiring is wrong to the ecu (even though you fitted the T5 loom the immobiliser wiring might still be different before the engine loom).

I am looking for the two wiring diagrams for both ecu/engines. Will let you know if I find anything

ok bud thats what is worrying me thanks mate

AndysR
Tuesday 20th March 2012, 22:09
that one mate

Sounds very very much like an immobiliser issue to me then. Isn't the immobiliser ECU seperate? I'd be looking to swap the ECU from the other car over to this one ;)

Did the alarm remote control work on your car and if it did does it still work now?

daza-b
Tuesday 20th March 2012, 22:13
Sounds very very much like an immobiliser issue to me then. Isn't the immobiliser ECU seperate? I'd be looking to swap the ECU from the other car over to this one ;)

Did the alarm remote control work on your car and if it did does it still work now?

the remote locking works still yea :) im not sure about the immobiliser ecu is separate, main problem is i dont have the donor car anymore :(

AndysR
Tuesday 20th March 2012, 22:16
the remote locking works still yea :) im not sure about the immobiliser ecu is separate, main problem is i dont have the donor car anymore :(

That's a git then :(

I know it's not much help but on the 850's the control unit is located up inside the drivers footwell on the opposite side of the fuse box.... I think they work hand in hand with the engine control unit to allow the engine to fire hence why the car starts and runs with your old ecu but not the T5 ecu.... Is there no way of getting the control unit from the donor car at all?

daza-b
Tuesday 20th March 2012, 22:19
That's a git then :(

I know it's not much help but on the 850's the control unit is located up inside the drivers footwell on the opposite side of the fuse box.... I think they work hand in hand with the engine control unit to allow the engine to fire hence why the car starts and runs with your old ecu but not the T5 ecu.... Is there no way of getting the control unit from the donor car at all?

unfortunately no chance as it will be in about 30 million little pieces in the middle if a cube shaped car :(

AndysR
Tuesday 20th March 2012, 22:25
unfortunately no chance as it will be in about 30 million little pieces in the middle if a cube shaped car :(

Nasty!! :(

Best thing to try and do is find a complete ECU set up with immobiliser control unit to test on your car but it sounds like that's what your going to need :(

daza-b
Tuesday 20th March 2012, 22:27
Nasty!! :(

Best thing to try and do is find a complete ECU set up with immobiliser control unit to test on your car but it sounds like that's what your going to need :(

i just bought an ecu with transponder, barrel and key, what else is it i need buddy? the person i got them off may still have what i need?

AndysR
Tuesday 20th March 2012, 22:30
i just bought an ecu with transponder, barrel and key, what else is it i need buddy? the person i got them off may still have what i need?

If it's a T5 auto, which it would need to be, then I'd try and get both control units, engine and gearbox, if not try it with just the engine control unit if the autobox ecu isn't available and hope that the gearbox ecu isn't also coded to the immobiliser ecu. I'm not 100% saying this will cure your issues but fingers crossed.. ;)

AndysR
Tuesday 20th March 2012, 22:35

Was that a security ECU or engine ECU?

daza-b
Tuesday 20th March 2012, 22:35
If it's a T5 auto, which it would need to be, then I'd try and get both control units, engine and gearbox, if not try it with just the engine control unit if the autobox ecu isn't available and hope that the gearbox ecu isn't also coded to the immobiliser ecu. I'm not 100% saying this will cure your issues but fingers crossed.. ;)

is there a way i can get the ecu de coded? if its a manual ecu will this screw things up?

daza-b
Tuesday 20th March 2012, 22:36
Was that a security ECU or engine ECU?

engine ecu mate

AndysR
Tuesday 20th March 2012, 22:37
engine ecu mate

Get the security ECU off the car you got the engine ECU from then.. ;)

Manual ECU's don't work with auto's it must be an auto engine control unit ;)

daza-b
Tuesday 20th March 2012, 22:40
Get the security ECU off the car you got the engine ECU from then.. ;)

Manual ECU's don't work with auto's it must be an auto engine control unit ;)

which part is that mate so i can ask the guy? where will he find it?

AndysR
Tuesday 20th March 2012, 22:44
which part is that mate so i can ask the guy? where will he find it?

Not 100% sure on the 70 series but if it's similar to the later 850's then it's up inside the drivers footwell behind the dash on the other side of the fuse box area...

Dangerous Dave
Tuesday 20th March 2012, 23:09
Have found a wiring diagram Daza, will PM you.

daza-b
Tuesday 20th March 2012, 23:10
Have found a wiring diagram Daza, will PM you.

cool mate do you know where the immobiliser box is on a v70 bud?

Dangerous Dave
Tuesday 20th March 2012, 23:23
cool mate do you know where the immobiliser box is on a v70 bud?
Trying to find out, but for obvious reasons theres not much info about.