PDA

View Full Version : First road trip completed!

Stuartieboy
Sunday 18th March 2012, 15:57
Drove from a not-so-sunny Fife to an even less sunnier Lybster, way up in Caithness on Friday afternoon, only to come back down on Saturday afternoon, a total distance of around 500 miles. The tank never missed a beat, even got to stretch her wheels a bit! Well happy with how she performed, but now she's manky all over again! :D
I treated her to a new grille just before we left too, whaddya think? Got a wee chrome R to stick on yet.....

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x359/stuartcathro/OVLOV/photo-20.jpg

AndysR
Sunday 18th March 2012, 15:59
Looking good, I'd have a look and see if you can paint your bonnet catch release rod black as it sticks out a little as it is at the mo ;)

Stuartieboy
Sunday 18th March 2012, 16:01
Looking good, I'd have a look and see if you can paint your bonnet catch release rod black as it sticks out a little as it is at the mo ;)

Good call! I missed that! :D :doh:

Monday 26th March 2012, 10:16
Drove from a not-so-sunny Fife to an even less sunnier Lybster, way up in Caithness on Friday afternoon, only to come back down on Saturday afternoon, a total distance of around 500 miles. The tank never missed a beat, even got to stretch her wheels a bit! Well happy with how she performed, but now she's manky all over again! :D
I treated her to a new grille just before we left too, whaddya think? Got a wee chrome R to stick on yet.....[/IMG]

Gutted....! Would have loved to have had a wee look at her, but left for Glasgow on Friday...!
If your ever up this way again, gimme a holler...!

volvokid
Monday 26th March 2012, 10:20
Gutted....! Would have loved to have had a wee look at her, but left for Glasgow on Friday...!
If your ever up this way again, gimme a holler...!

Swing in past Aberdeen sometime ;-)

M-R-P
Monday 26th March 2012, 10:24
Looking good. These are the only cars/van/truck/tank I've ever been in for more than 3 hours and not got out crippled! Yay Volvo :)