PDA

View Full Version : Joined the Club!

WillT5
Sunday 18th March 2012, 15:16
Hello All,

I have TODAY become the owner of a mint Manual 850 Saloon T5 - 75K miles with full Volvo service history and its spotless!

I handed over 1350, did i do ok your experienced opinions or have i been silly?

http://i40.tinypic.com/23u9c8z.jpg

http://tinypic.com/r/14d0dac/5

Looks like a great place for advice and community, do you guys often hold meets?

Thanks for looking :)

Will,

T5frankie
Sunday 18th March 2012, 15:19
looks a nice one mate, welcome to the club

AndysR
Sunday 18th March 2012, 15:25
This was advertised on e-Bay? Looks, and did look in the advert, like a nice car. I think you've done very well, welcome to the club :)

WOODY T5
Sunday 18th March 2012, 15:27
welcome mate looks very nice

WillT5
Sunday 18th March 2012, 15:27
Thanks guys. Good to hear, surprisingly easy to insure. Im 20 with 2 years no claims and i have been quoted just 1500.

Haha, Yes it was. Glad to see i got in there quick enough...;)

M-R-P
Sunday 18th March 2012, 15:29
Welcome, nice motor :)
Quite a few regular meets around the country, which particular ghetto are you from lol

WillT5
Sunday 18th March 2012, 15:31
Haha! Yeah, sorry i sometimes forget how many there are ;)

I live very near to Woking, which is south west of London. I dont see many Volvo enthusiasts around my area but im keen to change that!

T5frankie
Sunday 18th March 2012, 15:42
you'll get insurance cheaper than that mate with 2 years no claims

M-R-P
Sunday 18th March 2012, 16:04

I live very near to Woking, which is south west of London. I dont see many Volvo enthusiasts around my area but im keen to change that!

There's a southern softies meet next weekend, J2 off the M27 and the Essex meet next month, in wickford. Both within a good drive from you (depending on your idea of a good drive:))

WillT5
Sunday 18th March 2012, 16:12
Haha! It would be worth it to show my face i thinks. Ive broken my bank at the moment, but i have some great mods planned.

Cant take it overboard with a Volvo, subtly is key.

claymore
Sunday 18th March 2012, 16:25
Haha! It would be worth it to show my face i thinks. Ive broken my bank at the moment, but i have some great mods planned.

Cant take it overboard with a Volvo, subtly is key.
Welcome to the club, now tell us about your intended mods.

WillT5
Sunday 18th March 2012, 16:37
Haha! You sound intrested.

Till i get some money it will be FReeee. First job is to see if my old huge cone filter will fit on the T5, next will be to debadge and spray matt black my front grill.

The 19t is priority above all but ive never dismantled and assembled a turbo before, only fitted and removed them.

I love your banner, funny stuff.

Thanks,

Will,

claymore
Sunday 18th March 2012, 16:40
Cone filter and painting the grill are a good start

dalhousie2008
Sunday 18th March 2012, 17:13
Its identical to one of mine, i paid a little less with 73k on the clock and full good-ish history but, ,mine certainly is not mint on the body. Wouldn't take much to put write.

Yes she does look nice mate, im sure your loving the performance and prices seem to be all over the place. But you always pay more for a nice one well done.

volvokid
Sunday 18th March 2012, 17:18
you'll get insurance cheaper than that mate with 2 years no claims

I was £2500 when I was 19 to insure my R

volvokid
Sunday 18th March 2012, 17:19
Welcome to the club glad to see more younger people getting these

jayeastanglia
Sunday 18th March 2012, 18:55
diffrent colour as well, which looks nice

mitchyboy01
Sunday 18th March 2012, 18:57
Nice car mate, welcome!

theflyingbrick
Sunday 18th March 2012, 19:18
welcome along :) i saw your car on the bay,its a nice colour i was tempted myself lol

WillT5
Sunday 18th March 2012, 19:27
Thanks for all your replies guys, the welcome is great!

Yeah its seem likes a good deal, youve made me feel better about it Dal. Well i havent been able to drive the Beast yet as my bloody insurance company was closed today. So gutted...but tomorrow...:wiggle:

Yea insurance is ridiculous when your young, but hey..it helps me to appreciate the cars more while i have them, slows down your bordem.

Thanks, yeah i love the colour. My girlfriend: 'it looks pink in this light'...chased her round for a good 10 minutes!

Bloody glad you didn't snap it up ;)

Thanks again,

Will,

dalhousie2008
Sunday 18th March 2012, 19:35
I put a set of spare titans on mine. If you look at southern softies meet there's a pic of mine, just incase you wondered what it would look like with titans, only other things I've done is 304 eculowered, shocks k&n panel filter, boost gauge, mbc, strutbrace, 850r interior. So not too much.

Volvostorm
Sunday 18th March 2012, 19:38
Modifying volvo's is like eating Pringles, once you start, you can't stop!

(I should know!)

Yours looks great, welcome to the club :)

Kingsford G
Sunday 18th March 2012, 20:25

Welcome mate.U should come to our monthly meetings at Dick Turpin on A127.

t5 stealth
Monday 19th March 2012, 00:05
welcome :)

T5rookie
Monday 19th March 2012, 01:43
welcome mate.....I'm based in Guildford most of the time so you might see a black T5 saloon on gunmetal wheels kickin around...

If you need any help i'm local and happy to pull appart other peoples cars :)

Judgeninja is Godalming and Stedman is Crawley so there's a few. You don't want too many cropping up as it keeps them fresh faced for people to be shocked when you put yer foot down!

WillT5
Monday 19th March 2012, 10:12
I love modifying, im really into doing it to unsuspecting and understated cars. My old Rover 220 Diesel was an absolute monster, uprated turbo, fmic, uprated hybrid injectors i created..

Thanks for all the intrest guys,

Thats great to hear! Yeah guildford is only a short blast from me. Careful matey, i might take you up on your offer ;)

Im sure i will run into problems but would also love to lend a hand if anyone needs it. Mo Expirience, Mo better :)

Thanks again,

Will,

stribo
Monday 19th March 2012, 10:23
Hi Will, welcome to the forum. I used to live in Woking, and Chobham, and West Byfleet, I'm a bit further afield now in Basingstoke, but still fairly local. Hopefully meet up sometime. :D

WillT5
Monday 19th March 2012, 10:26
Thanks mate! How come you moved so far? Fancied a change? Chobham is a lovely place to live, it does have its rough parts tho.

What do you drive?

Will,

stribo
Monday 19th March 2012, 10:30
Thanks mate! How come you moved so far? Fancied a change? Chobham is a lovely place to live, it does have its rough parts tho.

What do you drive?

Will,

Basingstoke is a lot cheaper than Chobham, so we've got more money to spend on cars lol. My wife and I have a S60R, and I've also got a modified Ford Cougar. :D

WillT5
Monday 19th March 2012, 10:34
What are the s60R's like? I have seen some lovely modified ones.

I love Ford Cougar's! It was my goal when i was 17, i loved that V6 sound and the rarity of the car but availibility of parts. Perfect car.

Would have one now, but....im addicted to turbo's since my Rover...;)

stribo
Monday 19th March 2012, 11:46
The S60R is very rapid, even as standard, but you'd expect that with 300bhp. Having AWD it always feels stable too. :DThe Cougar 's a totally different beast, only about 200 BHP, but the sound it makes is amazing, especially as it's got a K&N 57i induction kit, ST200 throttle body and inlet manifold, optimised y pipe, main decat, and mongoose exhaust.

childs3787
Monday 19th March 2012, 12:19
Welcome I am in Camberley only a hop skip and a jump away from You.
The guys here are full of knowledge about these cars and when you speak to the right people can get parts at fair prices.

smithy
Monday 19th March 2012, 14:42

What do you drive?

Will,

rough parts thats not rough come to birmingham i will show you rough areas lol

WillT5
Monday 19th March 2012, 17:35
Thats sounds great! Theyve got a really throaty sound to them when modified, how much do you think its running with all that?

Hey Mate, yeah i know cambely. Thanks for the advice, it seems great here. Do you often go to these meets mentioned before?

I got to drive my car for the first time today and...I LOVE IT. It feel so much bigger to anything i have driven before though, an im so used to getting stares. Not in this ;)

Will,

stribo
Monday 19th March 2012, 17:41
Hopefully it's close to 200bhp, maybe 190. I had it dyno'd a couple of months back, but one of the lambda's had packed up, so it was only giving 169, and massively overfuelling. Hopefully getting it remapped soon, so that should see it over the 200 mark. I took it through the new Hindhead tunnel a couple of weeks ago, opened the windows, slowed down to 50, dropped it down to 3rd, and booted it, wow what a sound. :D

WillT5
Monday 19th March 2012, 18:47
Wow...I bet it sounded amazing. Monsterous V6, just wish you cold do more with it tuning wise. would you ever turbo it?

I love the sound of this V5, it just needs an air filter and it will sound so sweet.

Will,

T5Tom
Monday 19th March 2012, 19:07
Hi mate welcome, another young 'un like myself with an 'old mans car'! Lol little do they know ;) I'm 23 and I've owned mine since Jan and its one of the most fun cars I've owned a manual saloon t5 urself and fast as chuff! Just needs to corner and stop a bit nicer now and it will be a monster!

No doubt Ull love it here mate, the most welcoming and helpful I've ever been part of :) good bunch of lads these! :)

WillT5
Monday 19th March 2012, 19:12
Hahahaha! Thanks Tom, great to hear im not alone! Seems so friendly, i can see that i have chosen well.

Thanks for the great welcome guys

Will,

t5 pete
Monday 19th March 2012, 19:16
Hello and welcome look a noce motor I remember when i first got myne at 19 it was 2.5k a year to insure also first off after you little mods try a 304 map they transform the car.

stribo
Monday 19th March 2012, 19:45
Wow...I bet it sounded amazing. Monsterous V6, just wish you cold do more with it tuning wise. would you ever turbo it?

I love the sound of this V5, it just needs an air filter and it will sound so sweet.

Will,
Could supercharge it, but it would cost silly money. The S60R needs more noise, may get a K&N replacement filter for it and remove the top of the airbox (but then there would be heat soak issues) and definitely needs a louder exhaust. ;)

T5frankie
Monday 19th March 2012, 19:53
Could supercharge it, but it would cost silly money. The S60R needs more noise, may get a K&N replacement filter for it and remove the top of the airbox (but then there would be heat soak issues) and definitely needs a louder exhaust. ;)

there wont be heatsoak issues, get a hige cone filter, and they are not a v5 engine lol

stribo
Monday 19th March 2012, 20:00
there wont be heatsoak issues, get a hige cone filter, and they are not a v5 engine lol

I never said they were. :nono::nono::nono:

Interesting you say there won't be heatsoak issues, as when I first asked about fitting an induction kit I was told that if I fitted anything other than the AMS Elevate I'd have heatsoak issues, and it wasn't worth it.

claymore
Monday 19th March 2012, 20:07
I've monitored temps in my engine bay for 18 months, any heatsoak will be gone in less than half a mile of driving.

T5frankie
Monday 19th March 2012, 20:10
I never said they were. :nono::nono::nono:

Interesting you say there won't be heatsoak issues, as when I first asked about fitting an induction kit I was told that if I fitted anything other than the AMS Elevate I'd have heatsoak issues, and it wasn't worth it.

told by who? cos there will be a hundred people on here that will tell you that you won't, ive ran a pipercross group a cone for over 18 months and never had a problem without a shield too

Al115
Monday 19th March 2012, 20:14
You will have heatsoak at standstill. It won't cause "problems" but it will exist.

It will clear quickly when on the move, as Claymore says.

The S60R already has a cylinder-type high-throughput filter (as you probably know).

stribo
Monday 19th March 2012, 20:17
Having re-read the original thread:
http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=40596

I think I may have mis-understood, will definitely be looking for an induction kit or K&N filter now. :B_thumb:

WillT5
Tuesday 20th March 2012, 14:25
Thats great news, i cant wait to hear that Grrrrroooowwlll through a huge cone filter :)

Thanks lads,

Will,