PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas anyone??

daza-b
Saturday 17th March 2012, 14:40
Any ideas on why my car wont start after the t5 transplant? i have done a video and what is happening, any ideas will be appreciated, thanks

http://s1179.photobucket.com/albums/x385/CallyTurbo84/?action=view&current=MOV011.mp4

M-R-P
Saturday 17th March 2012, 14:44
Looks like it's priming but the main pump isn't kicking-in. Tried a different pump?

daza-b
Saturday 17th March 2012, 14:53
Looks like it's priming but the main pump isn't kicking-in. Tried a different pump?

yea this is the t5 pump, pump number 2 :(

M-R-P
Saturday 17th March 2012, 14:59
Have you got the fuel filler cap screwed on tight? They're a sealed system and don't like being open. Honestly, this is as much as i know. It's gotta be fueling and not immobiliser or ignition because its firing. Tried unplugging the maf?

deathrider311271
Saturday 17th March 2012, 15:01
my money would be on either cam shaft sensor or crank sensor mate.

if u think its the pump try putting a live feed from battery straight to the live on pump see if that makes it go

daza-b
Saturday 17th March 2012, 15:06
thing that i cant understand is that it ran perfect before it was removed from the other car :(

daza-b
Saturday 17th March 2012, 15:14
Have you got the fuel filler cap screwed on tight? They're a sealed system and don't like being open. Honestly, this is as much as i know. It's gotta be fueling and not immobiliser or ignition because its firing. Tried unplugging the maf?

yea just tried unpluggin maf, no luck gonna try the live to the pump now

M-R-P
Saturday 17th March 2012, 15:15
Perhaps there's a dodgy connection somewhere, disturbed by the transplant?

deathrider311271
Saturday 17th March 2012, 15:17
i f you think about it logically, you have moved a lot of stuff around, it only takes one of the sensors to get knocked the "wrong" way and its goosed..

Just a thought here is the wireing on the fuel pump the right way round??? i know when i changed mine for the walbro unit the wire colours were reversed.

daza-b
Saturday 17th March 2012, 15:22
my money would be on either cam shaft sensor or crank sensor mate.

if u think its the pump try putting a live feed from battery straight to the live on pump see if that makes it go

tried the live to the pump, no different, but would the sensors ££££ up while the engine was not in a car? as it ran fine before i took it out :S

deathrider311271
Saturday 17th March 2012, 15:33
tried the live to the pump, no different, but would the sensors ££££ up while the engine was not in a car? as it ran fine before i took it out :S

by right putting the live from battery straight to the pump should make it run constantly, if that didnt happen keep it connected to the battery and put an earth to the negative side.

daza-b
Saturday 17th March 2012, 15:34
by right putting the live from battery straight to the pump should make it run constantly, if that didnt happen keep it connected to the battery and put an earth to the negative side.

yea it ran constant... its really puzzling me this is

Dangerous Dave
Saturday 17th March 2012, 15:37
Have you tried changing the cam and crank sensors (if you have spares that is)?

daza-b
Saturday 17th March 2012, 15:40
Have you tried changing the cam and crank sensors (if you have spares that is)?

no not yet, think thats next thing to do..

claymore
Saturday 17th March 2012, 15:41
have you got the cam and crank sensors pluged into the right ones? as both plugs are the same.

Dangerous Dave
Saturday 17th March 2012, 15:42
no not yet, think thats next thing to do..
Definately mate, easy enough to do and you know you've covered it then. Do one first and test.

daza-b
Saturday 17th March 2012, 16:57
ok here is an update, i put the standard ecu back in which is a non turbo ecu and it fires up, but runs like a dog, put the t5 ecu back in it runs for about 5-10 seconds and dies :(

smithson007
Saturday 17th March 2012, 17:15
Erm can't help sorry. Lol.

M-R-P
Saturday 17th March 2012, 17:45
Boost and vac pipes all where they should be?
Was the car originally an auto and you've gone to manual? If so, have you removed the autobox ecu?

I know I'm clutching at straws but you never know... :)

Don't give up dude.

daza-b
Saturday 17th March 2012, 17:57
Boost and vac pipes all where they should be?
Was the car originally an auto and you've gone to manual? If so, have you removed the autobox ecu?

I know I'm clutching at straws but you never know... :)

Don't give up dude.

i think it might have a coded ecu for some reason, with the car being a 99 and the t5 engine and ecu a 97, cos if i put the non turbo ecu in it vranks straight up but runs like a donkey and does not read the MAF sensor as the 10v dont have a maf, so i think im a bit screwed really :(

deathrider311271
Saturday 17th March 2012, 19:27
yes you are correct there the ECU is coded, i would think you will have the same problem even if you get a 99 T5 ECU as this would have been electronic throttle

claymore
Saturday 17th March 2012, 19:37
I think you need someone with a re-maped ecu to plug in, I bet it would fire up then.

daza-b
Saturday 17th March 2012, 19:38
yes you are correct there the ECU is coded, i would think you will have the same problem even if you get a 99 T5 ECU as this would have been electronic throttle

yea thats the problem, what im gonna do is get the immobiliser, ignition barrel and transponder etc off a 97 v70r, as the t5 ecu i have should be a stand alone, well i hope this will work anyway?

daza-b
Saturday 17th March 2012, 19:40
I think you need someone with a re-maped ecu to plug in, I bet it would fire up then.

tried that mate, smithson came down today and he has got a mapped car, tried his ecu and still same

960kg
Saturday 17th March 2012, 19:48
When i was first reading this and the video it sounded just like my V70 T5 trying to start and i was convinced it was my fuel pump anyhow after new plugs took off the dist. cap and the rotor arm had disintegrated , so have you had the cap off as it was a replacement engine??

As i read to the end of the thread i also think the ECU ,or same year, has to move with the engine otherwise it will not contain the systems for your engine to work. It seems you have moved a `97 engine into a `99 or ME7 car which has the ETM so that part won`t be in the ECU!!

Am i up the wrong tree?

Keith

deathrider311271
Saturday 17th March 2012, 20:03
I have been thinking about this for a while, did you use the wireing harness from the 97 car? if so did you also move the ECU wiring over? Basically what i think you need to do is move all the engine and ECU wiring over and use the looms from the 97 car including the immobiliser, this way in theory it should all talk to each other in the same way.

As i understand it at the moment you are asking ME7 or denso equivilent to talk to Motronic 4.4??? which aint going to happen.

im sure someone will tell me if im thinking about this the wrong way lol

daza-b
Saturday 17th March 2012, 20:24
I have been thinking about this for a while, did you use the wireing harness from the 97 car? if so did you also move the ECU wiring over? Basically what i think you need to do is move all the engine and ECU wiring over and use the looms from the 97 car including the immobiliser, this way in theory it should all talk to each other in the same way.

As i understand it at the moment you are asking ME7 or denso equivilent to talk to Motronic 4.4??? which aint going to happen.

im sure someone will tell me if im thinking about this the wrong way lol

lol close mate, i made the mistake of fogetting to take the immobiliser system from the donor car, i have the t5 wiring, ecu, fuel system everything minus the immobiliser, think thats why its not working, i need to talk to someone about possibly putting a t5 map onto the non turbo ecu that i have, so that the immobiliser is untouched..

glock19
Tuesday 27th March 2012, 01:12
You are close Daza-B but it won't work too. I have flashed a T5 (non-immo) program to a 2.0T ECU and it won't run. If you have a tuner nearby (who can edit HEX), you can use the T5 ECU but there are two address inside the map to change. Let me know when you have such resources available.

daza-b
Tuesday 27th March 2012, 08:44
You are close Daza-B but it won't work too. I have flashed a T5 (non-immo) program to a 2.0T ECU and it won't run. If you have a tuner nearby (who can edit HEX), you can use the T5 ECU but there are two address inside the map to change. Let me know when you have such resources available.

car is running now mate, was an immobiliser problem :)

Dangerous Dave
Tuesday 27th March 2012, 08:45

It's all sorted buddy, see Daz's project thread :)

LOL Daza you beat me to it :D

glock19
Tuesday 27th March 2012, 10:15
Aha, finally .... good job :D

daza-b
Tuesday 27th March 2012, 10:39
It's all sorted buddy, see Daz's project thread :)

LOL Daza you beat me to it :D

lol if u not fast ur last ;) lol