PDA

View Full Version : Car wont start

Mongo
Wednesday 14th March 2012, 22:06
After finally fitting my rebuilt engine i primed my turbo then connected evrything for the majic start but nothing the car was very low in fuel when i started the build plus put new fuel pump and fuel filter on so hoping a few jerrycans will solve it there was no smell of fuel at the injectors wich there should be as iv brimed it up for a few seconds. My query is the turbo tuner is this drop it in and start the car? This wont effect fuel getting to the engine.

claymore
Wednesday 14th March 2012, 22:11
Yep, turbotuner shouldn't be the problem

Volvostorm
Wednesday 14th March 2012, 22:16
What map is on your TT?

I'm planning on starting mine on the stock ECU

Mongo
Wednesday 14th March 2012, 22:24
What map is on your TT?

I'm planning on starting mine on the stock ECU

Dont no wat map it is its brand new so probly just whats out the factory.
I should smell fuel at the fuel rail anyway probly panicing over nothing. My only concern is that iv timed the n/a cams correctly its turning over fine so far so good…ish

Volvostorm
Wednesday 14th March 2012, 22:27
I think new, they come with the stock map

Mine is turning over on the key too, sounds healthy, I get I have got the cams timed up ok, well, I've had no crunchy noises! :P

Mongo
Thursday 15th March 2012, 10:43
I think new, they come with the stock map

Mine is turning over on the key too, sounds healthy, I get I have got the cams timed up ok, well, I've had no crunchy noises! :P

Lol allthe best then no crunchy is good

bigrotch
Thursday 15th March 2012, 10:51
U should smell fuel mate and when prime u should hear the rail fill up

mitchyboy01
Thursday 15th March 2012, 11:11
Did you put the adjustable FPR on? If you did are the connections the right way round?

Mongo
Thursday 15th March 2012, 13:01
Did you put the adjustable FPR on? If you did are the connections the right way round?

no i havent done that yet mitch gunna pop up burtons and get one the week before im gettin the map. do you no of any posts on how to fit it?