PDA

View Full Version : Throttle Advice

red_hot_volvo
Tuesday 13th March 2012, 17:48
My 2000 C70 T5 has a wee bit of a problem which is causing some confusion, the car is suffering from a bit of a surging/hesitation on part throttle, and I have had the P0134 code which is "No Activity on O2 sensor detected Bank 1 Sensor 1" which is all fine, it would be presumed that I have a duff front O2 sensor, which I cleared, and it came back the other day after about 2 months, which I cleared again, but on reading further on the problem has pointed me toward the MAF sensor which on using my Diagnostic Software (Gendan Engine Check) shows the MAF airflow value to be 4.25G/S at idle, which according to another forum post by a Volvo main dealer mechanic on another Volvo site, this value is a bit too high, so I'm not sure which way to turn. The idle is perfectly smooth, response is fine, seems a little down on power though. I have ordered a new MAF, perhaps a little foolhardy of me, which I'm waiting for to be delivered based on the fact that the reading is too high and that the O2 fault code can mask a faulty MAF, my 6th sense though is saying O2 sensor, so what to you guys think? I know about the infamous ETM problems, but although I don't rule it out, I don't think that is the problem given what I've read about how they behave when they are failing, I'am though trying to keep a fairly open mind! Thanks in advance!

M-R-P
Tuesday 13th March 2012, 17:55
Hmm, 2000 model, T5, Has the etm been fixed/replaced?

red_hot_volvo
Tuesday 13th March 2012, 18:03
The ETM has not been replaced to my knowledge, it is still a yellow sticker Magnetti Marelli unit which I know are known to be dodgy.

M-R-P
Tuesday 13th March 2012, 18:40
I thought the yellow stickers meant it had been fixed, white stickers for the original, dodgy ones?
Hopefully, that's not the problem then :)