PDA

View Full Version : Loosing power - Help

jeleebaby
Saturday 3rd September 2005, 22:16
Hello

My '97 V70 R keeps loosing power whilst traveling slowly (I know, why am I driving slowly in it!) I can be going along in at 30 or 40 and suddenly the power just drops, sometimes stalls, sometimes doesn't. Anyone else had similar problems? It has been in 3 times for this problem but just when you think its ok it goes again. BTW, its fine at speed, came all the way from Poole to Brum today on the motorway with no probs, got 5 minutes from home and off it went again!

Any advice on this problem would be great

Vikingxl
Saturday 3rd September 2005, 22:39
Have you taken it to Vt for them to check it out?

Wobbly Dave
Sunday 4th September 2005, 00:58
Sorry to here of the probs Jen, but...
seeing as you are in the local vacinity i would also recommend a quick shufty down VT. She's a special lady - you might find that at worst you have an air leak?

I can have a look though I reckon VT will spot it first?? LOL

Vikingxl
Friday 9th September 2005, 19:03
Have you got it sorted yet?

jeleebaby
Friday 9th September 2005, 20:09
All fixed, horray. After the power thing had to have the ABS controller looked at. What will be next? How will I afford it? LOL

glock19
Saturday 10th September 2005, 04:35
All fixed, horray. After the power thing had to have the ABS controller looked at. What will be next? How will I afford it? LOL

What's fixed ?

Vikingxl
Saturday 10th September 2005, 11:02
What's fixed ?
Good point what was the problem in the end?

jeleebaby
Saturday 10th September 2005, 11:44
We had the air mass flow metre replaced......again. Luckily!!!!!!! it was still under warranty so Volvo replaced it FOC. They didn't look too happy though, especially when i told them that i didn't want the ABS controller replaced at the same time, which would have cost around £450. No money for Volvo (LOL. tee hee) :haha:

Mrsmopp
Saturday 10th September 2005, 13:29
We had the air mass flow metre replaced......again. Luckily!!!!!!! it was still under warranty so Volvo replaced it FOC. They didn't look too happy though, especially when i told them that i didn't want the ABS controller replaced at the same time, which would have cost around £450. No money for Volvo (LOL. tee hee) :haha:

LOL!! Glad its all sorted now! I take it you had a Wobbly Dave special on the ABS?

x

Wobbly Dave
Saturday 10th September 2005, 15:15
Personally delivered ;)

I now want a Volvo sat nav system - most importantly coz it goes "bing bong" in an airport announcement stylee!

Good to see you again Jen.

jeleebaby
Tuesday 13th September 2005, 12:58
Thanks Wobbly, all seems to be fine now. Sorry I didn't see you coming the other day, like I said maybe a respray in a more obvious colour would help!

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 13th September 2005, 13:38
S'ppose I could paint my face luminous yellow?

Vikingxl
Tuesday 13th September 2005, 15:00
Or the car pink

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 13th September 2005, 15:26
Funny, Jennie already said that? Personally I think it is a conspiracy.

Vikingxl
Tuesday 13th September 2005, 15:38
Perhaps we should put it to a vote?

jeleebaby
Wednesday 14th September 2005, 16:06
Should we get a poll set up with maybe four options for your respray?
Option 1 - Pink
Option 2 - Lime Green

Any other ideas?

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 14th September 2005, 16:41
Oh do keep up!! :slap: LOL - see here

http://www.volvot5.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=4357

jeleebaby
Wednesday 14th September 2005, 16:48
DOH - Sorry, lack of braincells due to having babies!