PDA

View Full Version : the flying brick is airbourne once more!!

theflyingbrick
Monday 12th March 2012, 18:18
for those that know,will know my car was dead,well i went out today to start the stripping process,when i got the phone call ive been waiting for...........a start date for a new job :bounce: i was so excited im pretty sure i done a sex wee lmao, this news gave me the scope to spend some money...in the near future...on my old beast,so with fresh enthusiasm and a fresh pair of eyes i got the socket set out and started the repairs.so the good news is i found the oil leak,job done,and ive sorted the noisy top end.....i think!! im pretty sure that the oil leak was so bad that the oil pressure wasnt up to scratch but time will tell.

so there you have it the flying brick cheats death once more :) and coupled with the news of a new job,today is one of the happiest days of my life,up there with the birth of my kids ;)

bigrotch
Monday 12th March 2012, 18:28
happydays mate we both might be at the essex meet next mnth then lol

M-R-P
Monday 12th March 2012, 18:32
Excellent news - twice :)

stribo
Monday 12th March 2012, 18:32
Great news mate.

dalhousie2008
Monday 12th March 2012, 18:50
cool brick, but that must have been some leak to affect the oil pressure that much. Mine doesn't leak a drop but just shuts up after a while, its been like that for 1,000s of miles now, but ill try the diesel thing when im finished with it.

T5RPete
Monday 12th March 2012, 18:54
Outstanding news!

Always good to hear a car is being saved! And the job news is fantastic! Very pleased for you!

Volvostorm
Monday 12th March 2012, 19:47
Well done on both things mate :)

t5steve
Monday 12th March 2012, 19:48
good news brick...............we'll see you next meet and i'll tell you all about my latest bargains.................ha ha.............

Dave86
Monday 12th March 2012, 22:15
Nice one mate glad to hear the motors sorted and that your job came through :-)

theflyingbrick
Monday 12th March 2012, 22:46
thanks alot fellas im over the moon :) i cant stop smiling,and im really pleased i was able to save the old girl granted its not worth much, but i love it ;) wil see you all soon,who knows with this new job next time you see the flying brick it should be alot quicker aswell :D

Kingsford G
Monday 12th March 2012, 22:47
Great news mate!!!!!I`m glad she`ll have more time on the road and most important u got that job.Make sure u lot down at Dick Turpins next month though.

theflyingbrick
Monday 12th March 2012, 22:53
Great news mate!!!!!I`m glad she`ll have more time on the road and most important u got that job.Make sure u lot down at Dick Turpins next month though.

ill defo be there mate,especially if bigrotch is gonna bring his one lol i dont like to miss the meets,always feels like ive missed out on something lol

bigrotch
Monday 12th March 2012, 23:08
ill defo be there mate,especially if bigrotch is gonna bring his one lol i dont like to miss the meets,always feels like ive missed out on something lol

Yep I may have something a little diff on it by then aswell!!!!!!;-)

theflyingbrick
Monday 12th March 2012, 23:16
Yep I may have something a little diff on it by then aswell!!!!!!;-)

oooooooh you little tease you lol,well all have to go somewhere where we can see the cars in action.......if you know what i mean ;) maybe santa pod or north weald airstrip in may!!

bigrotch
Monday 12th March 2012, 23:19
I'm cool with that once every thing is buttoned on Myne I'm cool with that basiclly where ever frankie is that's where it's got to be ;)

Kingsford G
Tuesday 13th March 2012, 02:12
I'm cool with that once every thing is buttoned on Myne I'm cool with that basiclly where ever frankie is that's where it's got to be ;)

I like that spirit mate!!!!!!!!!!!!!

theflyingbrick
Tuesday 13th March 2012, 16:32

hahahahha yeah id like to see that aswell............when the green flag drops,the bull§§§§ stops would make for an interesting day thats for sure ;)

Kingsford G
Tuesday 13th March 2012, 17:37
hahahahha yeah id like to see that aswell............when the green flag drops,the bull§§§§ stops would make for an interesting day thats for sure ;)

That day the fist round of drinks on me boys!!!!!!!!! Keep yr bellies ready and cars fast lol

Jamest5r
Tuesday 13th March 2012, 19:16

1/4 mileing is what alot of us do all summer mate, 1st one is on april 1st at Shakespere/Avon, then every month or so the more the merrier to whip Frankie's Gold ass :), tell me more about the Weald one heard about it but never been there.

theflyingbrick
Tuesday 13th March 2012, 21:41
1/4 mileing is what alot of us do all summer mate, 1st one is on april 1st at Shakespere/Avon, then every month or so the more the merrier to whip Frankie's Gold ass :), tell me more about the Weald one heard about it but never been there.

north weald aint too bad but it is a budget surface,it is an airfield after all lol but its just up the road from me and last time i went it had more of a grass roots feel,in as much as theres not many pros there just a load of boys with their toys ;) having said that ive not been for a few years,and as we all know....things change!! off hand dont know the next date but if you type in northweald motorsport you can have a gander :)

merc85
Tuesday 13th March 2012, 21:43
north weald aint too bad but it is a budget surface,it is an airfield after all lol but its just up the road from me and last time i went it had more of a grass roots feel,in as much as theres not many pros there just a load of boys with their toys ;) having said that ive not been for a few years,and as we all know....things change!! off hand dont know the next date but if you type in northweald motorsport you can have a gander :)

Well up for some of North Weald bin there with me Bikes, It's not santpod lol but it' long and straight lol and a good crowd too.

Count me in

theflyingbrick
Tuesday 13th March 2012, 23:28
yeah mate like i said,you wont get the best out of your car as regards times,but if its a straight up race your after,considering the surface is the same for everyone so no excuses,then its a good way to see whos is faster than whos ;) from what i remember,people used to say that santa pod was 2 10th a second quicker than north weald!! so not too bad lol.
ill get some dates posted up see who fancys it :)

Ovlova Evirdi
Thursday 15th March 2012, 18:11
yeah im up for that!!