PDA

View Full Version : Buyer Beware

T5R+
Monday 12th March 2012, 18:12
Folks

A 2005 V70R has just started to appear in adverts.

Advise that you carry out proper HPI check(s) and you/mechanic check it over thoroughly.

Not my place to deride anyone but would not like to find one of the forum members end up with a vehicle that I know has an interesting past.

To be fair to seller - I will not be getting into a debate or making any further comment on this matter.

Simply do not want a forum member being caught out.

jbconno
Tuesday 13th March 2012, 00:19
Is it being advertised on here ? Few more details wouldn't go amiss.

zoidberg
Tuesday 13th March 2012, 00:52
Folks

A 2005 V70R has just started to appear in adverts.

Advise that you carry out proper HPI check(s) and you/mechanic check it over thoroughly.

Not my place to deride anyone but would not like to find one of the forum members end up with a vehicle that I know has an interesting past.

To be fair to seller - I will not be getting into a debate or making any further comment on this matter.

Simply do not want a forum member being caught out.

So if you are not prepared to give more details, then why bother posting on here and other sites !!?????
Folk will now be wondering about EVERY 'R' that is for sale in case there is something dodgy.
Give details of what/where it is and WHY you know there is something dodgy............... or are you just causing bother for the seller because you might have a personal grievance with them ???

Santa
Tuesday 13th March 2012, 08:09
To be honest, when buying any car with anything more then highly disposable cash you should do a HPi and mechanical check.

LeeT5
Tuesday 13th March 2012, 18:15
Useless thread! Can you delete Santa??

Al115
Tuesday 13th March 2012, 18:24
Wouldn't that be "censorship"?.. which we know we have to avoid... :D

p fandango
Tuesday 13th March 2012, 18:38
Wouldn't that be "censorship"?.. which we know we have to avoid... :D
theirs no information too censor lol

Santa
Tuesday 13th March 2012, 19:00
No, it ultimately serves as a reminder that when buying a car you should have it checked......whether its off a complete stranger off the side of a road or a large dealership network or household name.

(But if people stop commenting it will drop to the bottom :-) )