PDA

View Full Version : pothole nightmare

Volvoman850r
Sunday 11th March 2012, 20:14
Dear all,

New to the site so hello all. I got my 850r as a wedding present and had it for three and a bit years now, still better than all other motors my other half has had with the only possible exception being the RX8.

Anyhow the winter past has killed the road as most of you will be aware, smacked a pothole and split my off side front alloy about 70% of the way right round and took a chunk out the rim. I could have killed that pothole.

I now find myself one alloy down and a reluctant to buy a steely or other well that is not a Volan. Can anyone point me in the direction of a single Volan I am checking the usual suspects eBay, breakeryards, gumtree etc.

merc85
Sunday 11th March 2012, 20:17
Hello mate and welcome, Keep i eye out in the Parts/classified section of the forum buddy, they do come up.

foammanmark
Sunday 11th March 2012, 20:20
Hello and welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about the pothole, and I hope that you find a wheel.

AndysR
Sunday 11th March 2012, 20:28
There's a couple of guys on here who want a single Volan but they always seem to come up as a set. Perhaps if you started a thread with a title to the tune of who wants a single Volan you could get a group of people who will be prepared to split a full set?

Welcome to the fold btw ;)

Jamest5r
Sunday 11th March 2012, 21:37
http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=42111

Volvoman850r
Sunday 11th March 2012, 22:22
Thanks all, look forward to seeing what goes on in the VPC, not seen any volvos up this way for a while so good to know I don't stand alone.

Jamest5r tried this guy as an option, a scruffy Volan better than......well....everything else.

M-R-P
Sunday 11th March 2012, 23:33
Thanks all, look forward to seeing what goes on in the VPC, not seen any volvos up this way for a while so good to know I don't stand alone.

Jamest5r tried this guy as an option, a scruffy Volan better than......well....everything else.

welcome sir :) bit of a pain having a knackered wheel (ex-plod comes with 5 alloys btw ;)) Refurbing a scruffy one isn't that hard. Good luck mate, keep us posted on how you get on.