PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with my Brakes??

swedehead
Saturday 3rd September 2005, 19:24
Greetings All,

I have a '96 850 T5 with 125k on clock. When I press my brake pedal for the first time I get a reasonable result. However if I take my foot off the pedal and press it down again immeadiately I get a really positive result. I have recently had the master cylinder changed by a Volvo main dealer, fitted front drilled/grooved discs & green stuff front pads and fitted Goodridge hoses. The system has been bled twice now. Any ideas?

twotrees
Saturday 3rd September 2005, 22:17
Greetings All,

I have a '96 850 T5 with 125k on clock. When I press my brake pedal for the first time I get a reasonable result. However if I take my foot off the pedal and press it down again immeadiately I get a really positive result. I have recently had the master cylinder changed by a Volvo main dealer, fitted front drilled/grooved discs & green stuff front pads and fitted Goodridge hoses. The system has been bled twice now. Any ideas?

hi you will need to clamp each pipe .that will let you know wich side is giveing the bother

Wobbly Dave
Sunday 4th September 2005, 01:04
sounds like you have dicky piston

PS IMHO EBC are the worst things you can fit to a T5, but I doubt this is related?

swedehead
Tuesday 6th September 2005, 20:17
thanks both, you have confirmed my suspicions. I took the pads out of the rear calipers and got my girlfriend to press the brake pedal and the offside rear brake piston didn't come out very well at all. I think you're right about the pads as they've done about 400 miles and still feel very hard.