PDA

View Full Version : Phone / Bluetooth

Al115
Saturday 10th March 2012, 08:16
Hi guys,

I'm trying to work out the best way to get my phone linked into my V70R, so I can make and receive calls handsfree.

I've got the Volvo fitted phone kit with keypad, SIM tray, and funky phone handset straight from the 80s. Not using that right now.

I've also got the iMIV kit to link the iPhone into the head unit, but that doesn't help me with calls.

Has anyone solved this one before?

volvokid
Saturday 10th March 2012, 08:29
Theres a place on here thats advertised, groom audio i think. That gives you ipod connection through the hu like you have but you can add on a Bluetooth kit for hands free as well, this is what i think im going to buy, you dont see any hardware so it keeps the dash tidy

volvokid
Saturday 10th March 2012, 08:33
http://www.gromaudio.com/store/all-vol01.html

Pauld
Saturday 10th March 2012, 10:11
I have the Grom kit fitted to mine.

It is a good piece of kit, but being aftermarket, is a slight compromise.

Would recommend to others.

volvokid
Saturday 10th March 2012, 10:13
Did you get all the bugs sorted with it?

Pauld
Saturday 10th March 2012, 10:41
The bugs were due to delivery and communication with the supplier.

The kit occasionally doesn't start up and you need to turn off the ignition and then on again .

Overall I am happy with it, it does what it is supposed to!

I purchased the kit with the blue tooth module and the lead to connect to an iPod. As the blue tooth works with my iPhone for music too I have never used the cable.

LeeT5
Sunday 11th March 2012, 10:27
I have an iPhone 4, will it work on the GROM using the Bluetooth?? ie, can i make an receive calls? Didn't think the iPhone bluetooth worked with any device other than another iPhone bluetooth device. Anyone owning an iPhone knows that bluetooth on iPhones will not work or communicate with other blue tooth devices unless they are iPhones.

I have a HU803 with Dynaudio system and my iMIV works fine for playing music from my iPhone yet i cannot make or receive calls.

Will the Grom kit work with an iPhone?

Al115
Sunday 11th March 2012, 13:47
Anyone owning an iPhone knows that bluetooth on iPhones will not work or communicate with other blue tooth devices unless they are iPhones.

Eh? My iPhone works fine over Bluetooth in my BMW. I'm thinking it should also work with the Grom...?

Pauld
Sunday 11th March 2012, 14:33
Iphone 4 and 4s works with the Grom kit.

I have a HU-850 head unit

volvokid
Sunday 11th March 2012, 15:28
Iphones work on my parrot kit :)

LeeT5
Sunday 11th March 2012, 21:47
I'll shut up then.