PDA

View Full Version : 850 t5 wind up windows

pamdam
Friday 9th March 2012, 15:26
some of you will have seen my new purchase a 850 T5 saloon at the HLM dyno day, this car has heated leather seat, electric wing mirrors, it had cd charger, its got aircon.

so everyone found it great when they relised it had manual wind up windows. does anyone else have this or is my car a rare and therefore exclusive one off haha.

it stop everyone laughing when i clocked up 249.77 bhp with the standard engine and the mod was a mbc.

T5frankie
Friday 9th March 2012, 15:28
some of you will have seen my new purchase a 850 T5 saloon at the HLM dyno day, this car has heated leather seat, electric wing mirrors, it had cd charger, its got aircon.

so everyone found it great when they relised it had manual wind up windows. does anyone else have this or is my car a rare and therefore exclusive one off haha.

it stop everyone laughing when i clocked up 249.77 bhp with the standard engine and the mod was a mbc.

you mean electric wing mirror not mirrors lol, an extra 4/5 psi will get you that extra 25 bhp mate, just like a map would get about 15-16psi for about 30bhp extra both together = great fun

pamdam
Friday 9th March 2012, 15:37
yep a map is on the cards for next month, got my airfilter in now love the turbo chatter sound, like a big kid really. put those wheels on that i bought and im not keen but the wide low tyres are great for the handling so im on the look out for a set of titans or i wouldnt mind a set of the standard 17s that come on the v70r.

T5frankie
Friday 9th March 2012, 15:41
yep a map is on the cards for next month, got my airfilter in now love the turbo chatter sound, like a big kid really. put those wheels on that i bought and im not keen but the wide low tyres are great for the handling so im on the look out for a set of titans or i wouldnt mind a set of the standard 17s that come on the v70r.

you mean comets dave has some canistos which i dont think he wants which can look great on an 850, you need to take out the dump valve and put a plate over the top for the best turbo noise and then a dump valve, same as these

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/gdogg16/fullyGAY.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/10/web/2914000-2914999/2914498_10_full.jpg

pamdam
Friday 9th March 2012, 15:48
i'll ask him later then i might have them off him. they do look on that green on. just like mine quite like it without the spoiler.
i have been looking at a dump valve but all in it will cost £150 so it can wait.

Wobbly Dave
Friday 9th March 2012, 16:06
I am getting them refurbed in anthracite - be perfect for your 850

Dump valve is unnecessary - just fit a cone filter with a heat sheild.

T5frankie
Friday 9th March 2012, 16:11
I am getting them refurbed in anthracite - be perfect for your 850

Dump valve is unnecessary - just fit a cone filter with a heat sheild.

your just jealous cos you can't have one dave lol

pamdam
Friday 9th March 2012, 16:11
thats what ive got now a k & n and the missus dad is making me a shield for it.
how much would want dave?

Wobbly Dave
Friday 9th March 2012, 16:57
Depends how much they are once done. 2 tyres are illegal (side walls are splitting). Of the 2 left 1 is a half decent pirelli & the other is a chinky budget one.

Option 1. As they are now £160 (not including picking them up - but we can use the community service for that). You can have them as they are & source your own tyres.
Option 2. I am in the process of getting them sand-blasted & polycoated - you can even choose the colour. We were going for Anthracite - but you can influence that if you buy. 300 quid - but no tyres (choose your own)
Option 3.As 2 & Hamish can do you a deal on some Falken 452s - which I really rate. That will be 300 plus what ever the tyres come to.

the rims are 7.5J which is a bit wider than most volvo alloys (titans etc) - but it does give you a little bit more grip.

Let me know. Don't forget you can always ofset the cost against the sale of your old ones - though I'd be tempted to keep them for winter use.

pamdam
Friday 9th March 2012, 17:03
I will have a think, ive got 4 sets now so i can shift 3 and then ive still got my winter set. almost at 100 posts so i can sell some sets on here lol.

Wobbly Dave
Friday 9th March 2012, 17:14
I am going to proceed with the refurb regardless - as they are really quite nasty at the mo.

T5frankie
Friday 9th March 2012, 17:19
they will look sweet in anthracite on a green 850

pamdam
Friday 9th March 2012, 17:21
yeah i would buy them refurbed anyway. so go ahead dave and i will come back to you later.

T5frankie
Friday 9th March 2012, 17:22
refurbed then covered with a sweet set of yokohama parada spec 2's

Wobbly Dave
Friday 9th March 2012, 17:23
If they don't sell I may end up using them with some Yoko/cut slicks for the summer.

Wobbly Dave
Friday 9th March 2012, 17:24
Great minds thnk alike.

nottsgreent5
Friday 9th March 2012, 19:00
you mean comets dave has some canistos which i dont think he wants which can look great on an 850, you need to take out the dump valve and put a plate over the top for the best turbo noise and then a dump valve, same as these

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/gdogg16/fullyGAY.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/10/web/2914000-2914999/2914498_10_full.jpg

ive just got rid of my dump valve today because it was causing boost leaks,best thing i ever did sounds brill with just the blanking plate and a bsr cone on it lol

T5frankie
Friday 9th March 2012, 19:13
ive just got rid of my dump valve today because it was causing boost leaks,best thing i ever did sounds brill with just the blanking plate and a bsr cone on it lol

short lived turbo then

nottsgreent5
Friday 9th March 2012, 20:30
sure there are a few others running there cars like this with no excessive wear on the turbo maybe wrong tho

T5frankie
Friday 9th March 2012, 20:32
its not good to stall the turbo cos there isnt any kind of dump valve though is it?

nottsgreent5
Friday 9th March 2012, 20:55
thats kind of what i thought mate its only a temp thing till i get another valve or put the recirc back on