PDA

View Full Version : aftermarket alarm??

shepbomb
Thursday 8th March 2012, 19:58
Any reccomendations.. ive been considering the hornet maxx or the toad AI606

daza-b
Thursday 8th March 2012, 20:00
iv got one with remote start, its a beret and cost me £70, its not been used and its cheap if u want it :)

shepbomb
Thursday 8th March 2012, 20:20
possibly mate.. just gonna have a read up on them

daza-b
Thursday 8th March 2012, 20:24
possibly mate.. just gonna have a read up on them

no worries pal just pm me if ya need more details :)

Wobbly Dave
Friday 9th March 2012, 00:22
TBH I have never known anyone need anything other than the stock alarm on a Volvo. You certainly can't hotwire 'em.

bubba_1986
Friday 9th March 2012, 01:35
I had remote start years ago on an astra. Seems a good idea but wears off after a while. One with built in turbo timer could be usefull

MarkT5
Friday 9th March 2012, 09:33
I had a Landrover Defender and had a clifford concept 650 put on it, cost around 600 to have it done, but it had prox sensor, break glass sensor, tilt sensor, motion sensor, auto window shutting, dual imobilisation, and black jaxs, where when the car door is opened, you need to enter a code, otherwise it cuts out about 200 yards down the road. best thing i ever bought to stop thieves!

Nealevo
Friday 9th March 2012, 10:34
Both my Lancia Intergrale evo 2 and Golf Rallye had Clifford concept 600 with antijax, expensive, but piece of mind knowing they wont get it started even with the keys.
Highly recommended!!!

Wobbly Dave
Friday 9th March 2012, 10:41
Without the key the Volvo doesn't go anywhere anyway, unless they have some kinda trick electronics. C30 especially - with the electronic key. The tabs don't lift on mine once it is deadlocked.