PDA

View Full Version : P2 V70 not starting

DannyMc
Thursday 8th March 2012, 19:43
Hi my p2 v70 2.4 t5 is not starting so after having a mechanic look at it he told me it was the fuel pump sender unit.. i got a replacement 2nd hand one off an s60, i put the pump in and it started up and after about 30 seconds turned it off to put the back seats back in and then it wouldnt start again.. so i checked it and the fuel pump was just dribbling fuel out when i was trying to start it..

i have checked the fuse boxes in the side of the dash and under the bonnet and in the boot but im thinking it could be a faulty relay?

any help would be great as up to now i have bought a fuel pump and had mechanics look at it and ???:wallbash: (YES I DO HAVE FUEL LOL)

Could anybody tell me where to find the relay for the fuel pump?? or what fuses to double check or anything

DannyMc
Friday 9th March 2012, 14:53
Anybody ?? Anything?? Just need to know where to find the right relay really...

simpT5
Friday 9th March 2012, 19:45
Not sure if this is relevant to your car as you've not said what year yours is?

These Autodata diagrams for a P2 V70 T5 might help though,

Fuel pump relay is number 28 highlighted in red

Fuel pump 15 amp (blue) fuse is number 33

T5frankie
Friday 9th March 2012, 19:47
i had a similar problem in my rover fuel pump kept blowing the fuse, in the end i traced it back to a short in the wiring

DannyMc
Saturday 10th March 2012, 03:39
Cheers simp i will check it out tomorrow, it is an 06 i have got fuel pump number 3 on its way now and i checked with a multi meter today and i hVe power foing to the pump so hopefully the replacement one was just faulty. Tell you what though the screw on cap thing holding it in place is a b*stard to get off with a hammer and screw driver