PDA

View Full Version : psf door change

bigrotch
Thursday 8th March 2012, 16:56
hi peeps i recantly bought a v70 tailgate and psf door.... the tail;gate is fitted thnks to merc. i started to strip the v70 door inners down as the handles and electrics are little differant so.has anyone ever striped all the window motor plate out of the door and the electrics if so some pointers would be much apriciated please

cherry1809
Thursday 8th March 2012, 17:27
Sorry I can't help with the front door, But how hard was the back door to fit? V70 has the high level brake light doesn't it?

bigrotch
Thursday 8th March 2012, 17:34
Sorry I can't help with the front door, But how hard was the back door to fit? V70 has the high level brake light doesn't it?

it dos have the high level light..as for fittment it was simple apart from 1 bolt needed drilling out of hinge. the electric fittment are the same, if u look at them there is a extra pin in the socket but everything works fine....it needs 2 of you due to weight and haveing to put bolts in while holding tailgate

bigrotch
Saturday 10th March 2012, 16:32
help please anyone know about this

oblark
Saturday 17th March 2012, 17:15
it dos have the high level light..as for fittment it was simple apart from 1 bolt needed drilling out of hinge. the electric fittment are the same, if u look at them there is a extra pin in the socket but everything works fine....it needs 2 of you due to weight and haveing to put bolts in while holding tailgate

Just fitted a v70 tailgate to my 850, all fitted ok no problems until I put my foot on the brakes and my bulb failure bulb came on. Checked all the bulbs, all working. Could it be the 850 has one high level bulb and the v70 has several bulbs. If so can I fit a v70 bulb failure relay to stop the warning bulb coming on ?

merc85
Saturday 17th March 2012, 17:26
You could take the buld failure bulb out of the instrument cluster.

Mr Sheen
Tuesday 20th March 2012, 13:26
Bigrotch, the extra connector could be for the boot release on a V70, can you borrow someones Haynes manual and look at tailgate wiring schematic and compaire the two?

Oblark, yeah you will need V70 bulb failure relay.

jayeastanglia
Tuesday 20th March 2012, 16:46
Just fitted a v70 tailgate to my 850, all fitted ok no problems until I put my foot on the brakes and my bulb failure bulb came on. Checked all the bulbs, all working. Could it be the 850 has one high level bulb and the v70 has several bulbs. If so can I fit a v70 bulb failure relay to stop the warning bulb coming on ?

or fit a led blub in the place of normal bulb