PDA

View Full Version : Hlm purchased need help on bcs

mick850R
Wednesday 7th March 2012, 19:49
Hi chaps finally today I ordered my ecu for the R and am gonna remove the mbc but can't remember which way round the pipes where on the standard bcs, any help would be appreciated! Cheers mick.

merc85
Wednesday 7th March 2012, 20:22
Hi chaps finally today I ordered my ecu for the R and am gonna remove the mbc but can't remember which way round the pipes where on the standard bcs, any help would be appreciated! Cheers mick.

Wouldnt worry about it, id keep the mbc on there.

http://www.volvopartswebstore.com/images/parts/volvo/fullsize/GR-64115.jpg

But here you go if you want lol

960kg
Thursday 8th March 2012, 11:08
I have ordered one yesterday as well from HLM for my `97 V70 T5
Does this 304 map remove the existing boost figure in the ECU and what does it replace it with?
So by keeping an MBC on as well what is the limit of a safe boost?

I am putting this on a completely standard 240ps engine so don`t know what to expect!

Thanks
Keith

Joolz_850R
Thursday 8th March 2012, 15:27
I have ordered one yesterday as well from HLM for my `97 V70 T5
Does this 304 map remove the existing boost figure in the ECU and what does it replace it with?
So by keeping an MBC on as well what is the limit of a safe boost?

I am putting this on a completely standard 240ps engine so don`t know what to expect!

Thanks
Keith

Hi Keith,

I have this map from last weekend. I have standard car with 100 cell race cat and auto. Not sure on boost level but I believe it is around 15ish psi. my car made 245whp and 400Nm torque and is totally transformed the way the car drives. Not sure about leaving the BCS in. Im not as I want to keep my box together...LOL

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 8th March 2012, 17:16
MBC raises boost - end of. Leaving it in will not harm. The map also controls boost, ignition timing & AFR etc.

If the MBC is set higher than the top boost pressure in the map then this may produce odd results (most likely leaning out your mixture). If the MBC is set lower than the max pressure in the remap then the map will pick up the top end as the pressure passes that set by the MBC. MBC tends to bring in boost harder because they tend to open quite suddenly. Some like to leave them on just for that reason - or to artificially raise the boost above that set by the remap.

Depends what you are after really.

T5frankie
Thursday 8th March 2012, 17:22
most people are happy from the results of just the map, i'd leave the bcs plugged in and take the mbc off at first. an mbc will bring in boost very early and very aggressive (like my car) it does make it a bit of a handful though and i can spin the wheels at 90 in the wet, i'll soon be taking my mbc off, once i beat dave in a few weeks lol

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 8th March 2012, 17:24
most people are happy from the results of just the map, i'd leave the bcs plugged in and take the mbc off at first. an mbc will bring in boost very early and very aggressive (like my car) it does make it a bit of a handful though and i can spin the wheels at 90 in the wet, i'll soon be taking my mbc off, once i beat dave in a few weeks lol
I am putting one on just in case ;)

T5frankie
Thursday 8th March 2012, 17:41
I am putting one on just in case ;)

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooo its my only chance lol

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 8th March 2012, 17:44
Mwuaaawhahahahahaaaaaa!!

T5frankie
Thursday 8th March 2012, 17:52
Hi Keith,

I have this map from last weekend. I have standard car with 100 cell race cat and auto. Not sure on boost level but I believe it is around 15ish psi. my car made 245whp and 400Nm torque and is totally transformed the way the car drives. Not sure about leaving the BCS in. Im not as I want to keep my box together...LOL

you mean its better to leave in

T5frankie
Thursday 8th March 2012, 17:52
Mwuaaawhahahahahaaaaaa!!

should be fun mate lol watching you cope with all that extra wheelspin

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 8th March 2012, 17:54
Quaiffe diff & sticky tyres.

T5frankie
Thursday 8th March 2012, 17:59
makes no difference mate my m59 is still useless with all that torque, may bring my comets