PDA

View Full Version : Garret vs Mitsubishi

MWT5
Tuesday 6th March 2012, 23:14
Does anyone know what the equivalent mitsubihsi Volvo turbo is compared to a garret t3/t4 turbo.

merc85
Tuesday 6th March 2012, 23:18
Does anyone know what the equivalent mitsubihsi Volvo turbo is compared to a garret t3/t4 turbo.

At a gues id have thought a 20g

AndysR
Tuesday 6th March 2012, 23:22
When you say T3/T4 do you mean the equivalent to a T3 and a T4 or do you mean a hybrid? The Mitsubishi turbos as fitted to Volvo's are relatively small in the world of turbos. Tbh I'd be surprised if a 19T was of comparable size to that of the Garratt T3 let alone the T4, they are more reliable though...

MWT5
Tuesday 6th March 2012, 23:53
When you say T3/T4 do you mean the equivalent to a T3 and a T4 or do you mean a hybrid? The Mitsubishi turbos as fitted to Volvo's are relatively small in the world of turbos. Tbh I'd be surprised if a 19T was of comparable size to that of the Garratt T3 let alone the T4, they are more reliable though...

Hi Andy i was asking about the hybrid just out of curiosity really I know a guy running what is believed to be t3/t4 hybrid with an external wastegate on a 850 t5 engine (off road race car) and it absolutely flys.
Thanks.

smithy
Wednesday 7th March 2012, 12:45
Hi Andy i was asking about the hybrid just out of curiosity really I know a guy running what is believed to be t3/t4 hybrid with an external wastegate on a 850 t5 engine (off road race car) and it absolutely flys.
Thanks.

the is a world of difference in turbos between a t3 up to a t4 mate .your mate is proberly running a t34 cossie witch are good for up to 400 bhp.i had a t35 hybrid that was good for upto 500+ bhp.and now i have a t38 hybrid with t4 compressor housing and bigger comp wheel witch is good for over 650 bhp.and this is on a 940 lol.

M-R-P
Wednesday 7th March 2012, 13:13
the is a world of difference in turbos between a t3 up to a t4 mate .your mate is proberly running a t34 cossie witch are good for up to 400 bhp.i had a t35 hybrid that was good for upto 500+ bhp.and now i have a t38 hybrid with t4 compressor housing and bigger comp wheel witch is good for over 650 bhp.and this is on a 940 lol.

But you've got it turned down 'cos anything over 138bhp makes yer bum twitch like a bunny's nose ;)

smithy
Wednesday 7th March 2012, 13:23
But you've got it turned down 'cos anything over 138bhp makes yer bum twitch like a bunny's nose ;)

dam right i drive like the driver in miss daisy lol.as you saw at the ace meet i only feather the pedal mate.

MWT5
Wednesday 7th March 2012, 19:18

Smithy I think you've hit the nail on the head he is probably running a t34 because he replaced the cossie engine with the t5,don't really know the guy to well he races at our club but with me putting a t5 in the front of a corsa I think I need to make him my new best mate.lol
Thanks.