PDA

View Full Version : lowered my s60 today

cragmaz
Tuesday 6th March 2012, 20:03
hi all,

lowered my s60 today with a set of lesjofers (swedish) -35mm springs today, looks awesome, miles better than before, looks lower that 35mm too, pics attatched, see what you think, i am well happy.

cheers
craig

shepbomb
Tuesday 6th March 2012, 20:11
looking smart

stribo
Tuesday 6th March 2012, 20:17
Looks great, did you do it yourself? If so how did you remove the rear springs, as the Haynes manual say you need the proper Volvo coil spring compressors.

graemewelch
Tuesday 6th March 2012, 20:25
no tool needed for years.cant remember how exactly i done mine but it wasnt hard

cragmaz
Tuesday 6th March 2012, 20:27
Looks great, did you do it yourself? If so how did you remove the rear springs, as the Haynes manual say you need the proper Volvo coil spring compressors.

yeh, did it myself, with my mate.
first side we undid, shocker, main wishbone bottom fixing, drop link and aux wishbone, pulled main wishbone down, and slid spring down and out, took about an hour, we had real hassle seating the spring at the bottom wishbone.until we discovered..............

second side we had it sussed, undid shocker, and undid main wishbone, pulled it all the way down, and slid spring off, dead easy, took 10 mins.
re-assembly was really easy, as spring could be seated at the bottom correctly, then pushed up the wishbone to the body, and fixed into place. easy!!!

c.

AndysR
Tuesday 6th March 2012, 22:28
That looks quite a bit lower than a standard S60 from memory and more level too, I hate the way they look a lot higher from the rear than they do at the front when they are standard, good job :)

volvo
Tuesday 6th March 2012, 22:36
that looks to be sitting just right, not too low! Well done!

LiamT4
Tuesday 6th March 2012, 23:34
Looks good there, suits it well.

t5_monkey
Tuesday 6th March 2012, 23:43
looks good

now clean it!!! :)

s_cowen
Wednesday 7th March 2012, 06:43
Looking good mate :smile:

Santa
Wednesday 7th March 2012, 07:00
Looks like a nice height, how does it drive and handle?

d2k
Wednesday 7th March 2012, 08:43
Looks like a nice height, how does it drive and handle?

like a washboard with stone wheels no doubt ....lol

did think about doing it to mine (until i felt the standard T5 suspension, i wanna go up not down!!)

the young mechanic
Wednesday 7th March 2012, 09:01
it does do the car justice

cragmaz
Wednesday 7th March 2012, 10:42
like a washboard with stone wheels no doubt ....lol

did think about doing it to mine (until i felt the standard T5 suspension, i wanna go up not down!!)

Thanks for the comments guys, the car rides pretty much the same as before, as it was quite hard anyway, lot less roll in the corners, and feels a lot more planted. Overall I am well happy.
Cheers
Craig.

p fandango
Wednesday 7th March 2012, 10:47
no offence intended, but looks about the same as my stock D5. So it gets my vote :wink: lol

http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy196/pedro-fandango/Volvo/mine/Bonny/DSCF0004-1-1.jpg

cragmaz
Wednesday 7th March 2012, 20:13
no offence intended, but looks about the same as my stock D5. So it gets my vote :wink: lol

http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy196/pedro-fandango/Volvo/mine/Bonny/DSCF0004-1-1.jpg

Maybe, but it was sky high before,could fit 4 fingers vertically between top of Tyre and wheel arch, can't get 2 in now. Well happy

cragmaz
Wednesday 7th March 2012, 20:14
Maybe, but it was sky high before,could fit 4 fingers vertically between top of Tyre and wheel arch, can't get 2 in now. Well happy

They 18 inch rims on your car?

Volvostorm
Wednesday 7th March 2012, 20:16
Looks great now mate :)

daza-b
Wednesday 7th March 2012, 20:22
looking good :)

cragmaz
Wednesday 7th March 2012, 20:29
Nk tuning front spoiler next in gloss black, ala s60R style. Asap.