PDA

View Full Version : Donington Tuner GP 17th September meet

Vikingxl
Friday 2nd September 2005, 18:22
After speaking to Justin today it looks as if we are going but not to represent Volvot5.co.uk.
So its just a matter of who wants to go along for a day out with no club stand and it looks like you will have to sort your own tickets.
Mrs Mopp has suggested Donnington services as the place to meet between 10:30 and 11:00 so we will be able to arrive and park together.Its down to you now hope to see you all there!
Here is the list please pm me so i can add names.
1. Vikingt5
2. TDS3
3. V70Man
4. Goof
5. Redbrick
6. Mikej
7. Mattv70
8. Mrs Mopp
9. T5owner
10. Lil_me
11. wanat5
12. Lance ?
14. Judge Ninja with no t5 ?

Vikingxl
Friday 2nd September 2005, 18:47
I havent included people from the other post as things have changes slightly and you might have had a rethink.
Cheers

TangoDeltaSierra3
Friday 2nd September 2005, 20:49
For those of you wishing to park on the infield i am guessing you will have to be there earlier than 10am as car movements are normally limited once the events are under way. Will have to see what the tickets say i guess but be aware.

TangoDeltaSierra3
Friday 2nd September 2005, 21:01
As i understand it i am ordering tickets for:-

1. TDS3
2. Redbrick
3. Viking T5
4. V70Man

Anymore for anymore! I aint ordering odd tickets here n there every two minutes i'm afraid.

mikej
Friday 2nd September 2005, 21:24
TDS can you order me a ticket also please ,my lad of 11yrs may want to tag along as he is also car mad ! do you know if i will need another ticket for him ? Whatever it costs i,ll send you a cheque tomorrow if necessary (i,ll pm you for address if thats ok) Anyway i,ll go with whatever everyone else is doing to make things easier ....
cheers
mikej :)

TangoDeltaSierra3
Friday 2nd September 2005, 23:06
TDS can you order me a ticket also please ,my lad of 11yrs may want to tag along as he is also car mad ! do you know if i will need another ticket for him ? Whatever it costs i,ll send you a cheque tomorrow if necessary (i,ll pm you for address if thats ok) Anyway i,ll go with whatever everyone else is doing to make things easier ....
cheers
mikej :)I think at 11 it might be free , i'll try blag it anyway and let you know.

Redbrick
Friday 2nd September 2005, 23:15
TDS money sent.

Earlier start no problem for me...

Vikingxl
Saturday 3rd September 2005, 01:57
cheers
mikej :)
I take it thats a yes then mate i have added you to the list

Vikingxl
Saturday 3rd September 2005, 01:59
Come on mrs mopp where are you hiding?

V70Man
Saturday 3rd September 2005, 07:49

1. TDS3
2. Redbrick
3. Viking T5
4. V70Man

Anymore for anymore! I aint ordering odd tickets here n there every two minutes i'm afraid.

Sorry things sems to have been lost, well I have become lost :D.

Can you just let me know how much it is for me and my 6 year old boy please? Then I'll PayPal you later.

MattV70
Saturday 3rd September 2005, 13:28

1. TDS3
2. Redbrick
3. Viking T5
4. V70Man

I'll have one please. PM for details on paying etc.

Cheers, Matt

TangoDeltaSierra3
Saturday 3rd September 2005, 13:50
Right i am told that it is £15 each admission, my paypal addy is rscos@msn.com.

If kids are free i will return your monies on the day Ok, otherwise it's £15 for everyone, if you have passengers you can probs pay on the day too but best to get a pre ordered ticket. If you wanna send me a cheque you must PM me for my addy. Mike J i sent u a PM. MattV70 i'll order you one too.

Mrsmopp
Saturday 3rd September 2005, 14:40
Come on mrs mopp where are you hiding?

Here I am!!

I cant get there any earlier (cos I am a lazy cow!) So I'll have to meet you all once I get there (Someone PM me their tel no. so I can ring you when I make my entrance!)

Mikej did you need somewhere to stay saturday night?

x

t5owner
Saturday 3rd September 2005, 16:44
Stick me down for one ticket pls TDS i`ll pm you for your addy to send payment

Thanks

stuart :remybussi

Vikingxl
Saturday 3rd September 2005, 22:41
Mrs Mopp im still up for a meet at the services if you fancy it.

TangoDeltaSierra3
Monday 5th September 2005, 22:12
Stick me down for one ticket pls TDS i`ll pm you for your addy to send payment

Thanks

stuart :remybussiYou have not so i guess your not going ?

TangoDeltaSierra3
Monday 5th September 2005, 22:18
I am ordering tickets tomorrow for :-

1. TDS3
2. MikeJ x2
3. MattV70
4. Viking T5
5. RedBrick
6. V70Man

We shall be going as 6 individuals - no one mention the forum all day - basically we are going as a club in name only purely to gain infield parking if everyones ok with that i shall proceed.

PS Redbrick / MattV70 - You cannot pay me on PAYPAL with a Credit Card, i need an Upgraded account for that, it has to be debit card or bank account only.

mikej
Monday 5th September 2005, 22:49
Craig,
i,ll send you a cheque for tickets 1st thing in the morning , i did pm you earlier today as to why it hasn't gone sooner (forum technical issues) anyway now i have your address it will go in the morning.It may be an idea for those of us who are going to swap some mobile no,s before the event incase there are any additional site issues and people don't quite know whats happening???just a suggestion
mike......

TangoDeltaSierra3
Monday 5th September 2005, 23:54
Craig,
i,ll send you a cheque for tickets 1st thing in the morning , i did pm you earlier today as to why it hasn't gone sooner (forum technical issues) anyway now i have your address it will go in the morning.It may be an idea for those of us who are going to swap some mobile no,s before the event incase there are any additional site issues and people don't quite know whats happening???just a suggestion
mike......Well Viking T5 has mine already, would be a lot easier if every1 used MSN lol, Matt V70 why do u never use it lol, far easier than msgs.

V70Man
Tuesday 6th September 2005, 07:39
Money sent to TDS

Vikingxl
Tuesday 6th September 2005, 07:46
Tds3 Mrs Mopp and MattV70 all have my number and i have tds3s if anyone else wants mine let me know and i will pm it

Vikingxl
Tuesday 6th September 2005, 08:12
TDS3 Have sent payment through my brothers paypal account.Cheers mate

V70Man
Tuesday 6th September 2005, 09:33
Tds3 Mrs Mopp and MattV70 all have my number and i have tds3s if anyone else wants mine let me know and i will pm it

I'll give my mobile number too. I'll have to wait for the wife to come home though so she can tell me what it is :slap:

t5owner
Tuesday 6th September 2005, 10:58
Ticket booked online have requested to be on infield with everyone else in the "volvo t5 forums club" have i got it right let me know if its not and i`ll email them with the correct details

TDS couldn`t get me pm too you as i couldn`t get onto the website after i logged off on the 3rd i`ve only just got back on this morning

Anyone wanting my mobile number for contact pm me and i`ll sort it out

Cheers

stuart

MattV70
Tuesday 6th September 2005, 13:26
I am ordering tickets tomorrow for :-

PS Redbrick / MattV70 - You cannot pay me on PAYPAL with a Credit Card, i need an Upgraded account for that, it has to be debit card or bank account only.

I'll try again tonight with a switch card then. If not i can either send a cheque or pay you when we meet up.

My computer crashed and i can't be bothered to wait an hour for MSN to download again!

Redbrick
Tuesday 6th September 2005, 16:33
I'll try again tonight with a switch card then. If not i can either send a cheque or pay you when we meet up.

My computer crashed and i can't be bothered to wait an hour for MSN to download again!

TDS, My Paypal is set up with a switch card....! Can I pay you on the day in cash or send you a cheque?

Andy

TangoDeltaSierra3
Tuesday 6th September 2005, 17:18
Yeah Yeah i'm a trusting bloke lol, i'm stuck at work all day today so cant access some of my mail here etc so i'll see tomoz who owes what.

MattV70
Tuesday 6th September 2005, 19:39
I've tried again with switch mate. Hope it works this time.

Cheers

Mrsmopp
Tuesday 6th September 2005, 20:43

Have I? Since when? LOL!!

x

Vikingxl
Wednesday 7th September 2005, 06:57
Have I? Since when? LOL!!

x
Sure i sent it to you maybe it got lost along with some of the posts i will pm it later

TangoDeltaSierra3
Wednesday 7th September 2005, 17:27
Ticket booked online have requested to be on infield with everyone else in the "volvo t5 forums club" have i got it right let me know if its not and i`ll email them with the correct details

Did you have to Register ? I've been trying to get through by phone for 2 days to no avail. Seems a bit of a Micky Mouse setup to me whoevers organising it.

I have payment from Mike J & Viking T5, the rest of the paypal accounts were rejected as i cannot recieve credit/debit payments without upgrading my account at a cost.

V70Man
Wednesday 7th September 2005, 22:45
Yeah, just got an e-mail saying my paypal payment has been rejected.

Redbrick
Wednesday 7th September 2005, 23:09

Did you have to Register ? I've been trying to get through by phone for 2 days to no avail. Seems a bit of a Micky Mouse setup to me whoevers organising it.

I have payment from Mike J & Viking T5, the rest of the paypal accounts were rejected as i cannot recieve credit/debit payments without upgrading my account at a cost.

OK thanks for trying.

Your off on holiday soon, correct? Do you want to keep trying or shall we try and do it by ourselves.

What do you want to do?

Can we just meet at the services at the arranged time and pay on the gate on the day?

Andy

mikej
Wednesday 7th September 2005, 23:26
I thought we were all meeting at the services , not so ? :slap: ££££ now am totally confused :dunce: , is anyone staying over night if so where ? as i will have to book the boy and i into a hotel etc .What i was hopeing to do was maybe even drive up friday night and stay somewhere near to the place we were all meeting on the morning , maybe even stay sat night and make the meet on sunday? what is everyone else doing then???

TangoDeltaSierra3
Thursday 8th September 2005, 00:51
If we just turn up we cannot go infield, probs be parked anywhere, we could be knee deep in sludge etc..., i wanna know how T5 owner has booked, i'm not registering to know unknown sites who wont answer a phone basically, i go away Fri pm till Wed pm so after tomoz anyone else can have a go. I've cashed no cheques etc yet either way.

t5owner
Thursday 8th September 2005, 13:30
Craig,

Yeah i had to register to get the discounted ticket after that its fairly straight forward i tried on the phone first aswell gave up after 5 hours
There is a comments section on the confirm ticket order page just type in that you wish to be located on the infield along with myself "Down as volvo t5 forums club" and then pay for the tickets

I assumed you`d already booked so i requested to be on the infield with you guys but it appears that i`m first to buy a ticket so i`m awaiting confirmation of my booking as they are probs wondering about the rest of you as i said in the comments you`d be booking as a group of six so i wouldn`t be on my own

PM me if your havin probs and i`ll give you my mobile number

Also suggest that we still meet at the services b4 the event as soon as i get conf of my ticket and entry times i`ll post it on here

Best get some pm`s sent for mobile numbers so we all know whats happening

Also noticed that they`ve already got my payment from my bank so hopefully i should get my ticket pretty soon

Cheers

stuart

t5owner
Thursday 8th September 2005, 13:42
Having checked the website it would appear that the event kicks off at 09:00 am so would suggest a meet up at the services at about 07:30 - 08:00 :jaw: :slap: so we can join the queue to get in as no doubt it will be busy

I`ll confirm the times when i eventually get my ticket

t5owner
Thursday 8th September 2005, 14:18
Just a thought here

If you want i`ll order the tickets as i`m already registered on the site and we can sort out the money side when we meet up at the donny services on the day

Let me know the exact number of tickets required and i`ll sort it out if you wanna do it this way and then we should all be parked on the infield in one group

Anyone bringing a volvo flag along for the day or has anyone got one to lend us

Cheers

stuart

Mrsmopp
Thursday 8th September 2005, 15:07
I thought we were all meeting at the services , not so ? :slap: ££££ now am totally confused :dunce: , is anyone staying over night if so where ? as i will have to book the boy and i into a hotel etc .What i was hopeing to do was maybe even drive up friday night and stay somewhere near to the place we were all meeting on the morning , maybe even stay sat night and make the meet on sunday? what is everyone else doing then???

Mike do you need somewhere to stay on saturday night?

Viking, myself and Goof are meeting at the services if you want to meet us there

x

Redbrick
Thursday 8th September 2005, 15:23
Just bought a ticket for myself from:

http://www.tunergp.co.uk/

It just seemed easier!

As Stuart suggested I said I wanted to be on the infield with Volvo T5 forums. We'll see what happens.

Now when and where to meet.... :slap:

Goof
Thursday 8th September 2005, 17:04
Mike do you need somewhere to stay on saturday night?

Viking, myself and Goof are meeting at the services if you want to meet us there

x
Mike - if MrsMopp can't put you up, then give us a shout.
You're invited back to our place (along with W.Dave, Moppy & Steve) for a dip in the hot tub, beers & BBQ.

V70Man
Thursday 8th September 2005, 17:29
Just a thought here

If you want i`ll order the tickets as i`m already registered on the site and we can sort out the money side when we meet up at the donny services on the day

Let me know the exact number of tickets required and i`ll sort it out if you wanna do it this way and then we should all be parked on the infield in one group

Anyone bringing a volvo flag along for the day or has anyone got one to lend us

Cheers

stuart

If I could get a ticket please that would be great. I will settle up at the services.

TangoDeltaSierra3
Thursday 8th September 2005, 19:49
As promised 7 tickets wanted, 7 tickets ordered as of noon today, they have had telephone trouble the last few days but got through today. Only just got home from work today so couldn't post earlier. Sorry if it's inconvenienced anybody but i said do it and i have. TDS delivers!

1. TDS3
2. MattV70
3. VikingT5
4. V70Man
5. MikeJ x2
6. Redbrick

Redbrick
Thursday 8th September 2005, 20:53
Potentialy then I have a spare ticket for this event (unless they are nice and let me cancel my order).

Any takers?

V70Man
Thursday 8th September 2005, 21:31
As promised 7 tickets wanted, 7 tickets ordered as of noon today, they have had telephone trouble the last few days but got through today. Only just got home from work today so couldn't post earlier. Sorry if it's inconvenienced anybody but i said do it and i have. TDS delivers!

1. TDS3
2. MattV70
3. VikingT5
4. V70Man
5. MikeJ x2
6. Redbrick

Thanks mate

TangoDeltaSierra3
Thursday 8th September 2005, 21:59
Right i'm back on Wed 14th Sept, i'm hoping the tickets get here tomorrow actually, but if not i'll keep hold of em. I have a feeling that as exhibitors we will have to be there early guys, if thats the case & any one wants to go in late i will have to post them to you on Wed 14th, that way you should get the ticket in good time. In past expierience though after 9am the traffic gets heavy and queues back towards the M1 so i'd rather get to Donington Services for 9.00 ish than crawl in to Donington later. Leave it with yer for now peeps!

wanaT5
Thursday 8th September 2005, 22:15
is there room for 1 more please :tank:

TangoDeltaSierra3
Thursday 8th September 2005, 23:34
is there room for 1 more please :tank:There is i think, RedBrick has a spare ticket, PM if he's offline as he was going to try get a refund tomorrow, if you book your own tell them your on the T5 stand and ask for a track pass too.

Redbrick
Friday 9th September 2005, 00:54
wanaT5, I'll post in the morning as to whether I get a refund.

Redbrick
Friday 9th September 2005, 11:38
The ticket I ordered is now cancelled.

TDS all sorted- one of the seven is mine :slap:

wanaT5 if you want a ticket call 01895 252 418. They were very helpful, just say you want a ticket like the 7 that Craig bought for the Volvo T5 Forum.

Andy

Vikingxl
Friday 9th September 2005, 16:26
Ok i have just received an email from the organisers who say that infield access will be available all day so now all we need to do is sort out the meeting up part i have spoken to a few people about driving up together and Mrs Mopp and Goof cannot meet up till 10:30 so i will try ringing all the people whos numbers i have got and see if i can sort something.

Mrsmopp
Friday 9th September 2005, 16:30
Ermmmm - anyone know if we can pay on the gate or is it ticket only?

x

Vikingxl
Friday 9th September 2005, 16:38
Dont know but it is probably better to order one before.

Vikingxl
Friday 9th September 2005, 16:58
Changed my mind on the phoning bit.Tds3 wants to get there early (9am) so shall we all meet at Donninton servces for 9 and i will then wait for Moppy and Goof and whoever else cannot make it for 9 as then at least we will be able to get the tickets sorted with tds and the people already there will be able to save us some spaces.As for the drive up anybody wanting to meet up around Brum on the way through give me a ring the number is 0784 3388134 probably best to look at around the 7:30 point but we can sort that later.

Vikingxl
Friday 9th September 2005, 17:04

x
Maybe Goof and yourself could order the tickets together.You have to come as i have something in my glovebox for you.

Goof
Friday 9th September 2005, 17:06

x
£15 on the gate, free children under 12 (saves all the mess and waiting for 9 months;)).
As per email from site.

Mrsmopp
Friday 9th September 2005, 17:07
You have to come as i have something in my glovebox for you.

ROTFLMSO!! You owe me a new keyboard now as i have just showered it with coke (not the white stuff!)

I shall be there never fear (I am a little worried about this thing in your glovebox tho - or is glovebox a brummy slang for something else? ;))

x

MattV70
Friday 9th September 2005, 17:42
Viking, sounds good. What route will you be taking exactly? I can met you somewhere and follow you up.

Cheers for the ticket TDS3. I'll pay you at the services as mentioned in your PM if that's ok.

Thanks to everyone for all the hassle of organising this meet. I'm really looking forwards to it now!

Vikingxl
Friday 9th September 2005, 18:21
Right now that ive got off my arse and got properly interested again Goof is the offer of your floor for saturday night still on i will bring my sleeping bag and some beer if it is if not no problem i should have let you know sooner.

V70Man
Saturday 10th September 2005, 08:37
OK, so 09:00 at Donnington services? That's ok with me.

I am driving up from Dorset.

t5owner
Saturday 10th September 2005, 09:15
Yep agreed 09:00 am at donny services sounds good to me

Cheers

Still no sign of my ticket as yet

stuart

Vikingxl
Saturday 10th September 2005, 10:39
Looks like 9am at Donnington services and i will wait for the latecomers

Goof
Saturday 10th September 2005, 13:16
Right now that ive got off my arse and got properly interested again Goof is the offer of your floor for saturday night still on i will bring my sleeping bag and some beer if it is if not no problem i should have let you know sooner.
Of course mate! I'll PM you our address...
Bring some metal-free shorts/swimmies if you fancy a dip!

Vikingxl
Saturday 10th September 2005, 13:47
Cheers Goof fantastic mate pm sent.Looks like i will be driving up with MattV70 so i will be in Leamington for about 7am to give us plenty of time to drive up as its about an hour and a half from there.Anybody else up for meeting on the way?

mikej
Saturday 10th September 2005, 18:09
Mrs Mopp and Goof thanks a million for your hospitality really do appreciate your offers :remybussi , only now i,ve noticed.Anyway i,m ok for accomadation now just booked the lad & myself into a travel inn not too far from donnington.I will be travelling up friday night once the lad has finished school that way i wont be knackered all day saturday ,hopefully! Right then what is the name of the services you are all meeting at , is it donnington park services around junction 23a M1/A42 ?? as i will be coming up the A42 obviously i need to see tds for tickets 9am but dont mind hanging around to meet the lazy sorry late comers.TDS has ordered 2 tickets for me although i only need one now as the boy gets in free , anybody want to buy my spare??
thanks again both
mike......

mikej
Saturday 10th September 2005, 18:13
metal free shorts/swimmies :slap: :wtf: i know i shoudn't ask but is this a local thing or have you just got a big bath??? got some red ones like those from little britain :B_blite:

lil_me
Saturday 10th September 2005, 18:39
I think we'll be there, days off are sorted, so as long as these petrol blockades don't happen we should be there.

Vikingxl
Saturday 10th September 2005, 18:42
Great the more we have the better hope you make it.

Vikingxl
Saturday 10th September 2005, 18:47
Mikej Mrs Mopp was after a ticket dont know if she has ordered one yet might be worth sending a pm

Vikingxl
Saturday 10th September 2005, 18:53
Mrsmopp
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by t5owner
May i suggest that we all meet at the donnington services just off the motorway as its only about 3 miles to donnington from there and its a big rest area with plenty of parking so we could all meet up there and then travel in convoy to donnington track its self

Cheers

stuart

Thats where i had in mind.

Redbrick - Donnington is Junction 23a of the M1 - the services are literally just off the slip road first exit.

x

Good things come to those who wait..........................................For the rest of us there's the T5!!!

Winnie @ Cardomain

Winnie in The gallery

stole this from the other thread

Goof
Saturday 10th September 2005, 19:19
metal free shorts/swimmies :slap: :wtf: i know i shoudn't ask but is this a local thing or have you just got a big bath??? got some red ones like those from little britain :B_blite:
LOL - for the hot tub ~ metal damages the shell. :)

t5owner
Monday 12th September 2005, 15:43
Right ticket has arrived just says for saturday addmission only nothing about parking on the infield so i assume we`ll have to sort that out when we arrive at the gate not sure which gate were to use so no doubt we`ll find that out on the day also

Anyone requiring my mobile for contact as regards the meet at donny services b4 we go to the event send me a pm and i`ll pm you with it

Cheers

stuart :B_steerin

TangoDeltaSierra3
Monday 12th September 2005, 17:35
Hey, as i'm still in Germany i can't say if we have passes for trackside or not, T5Owner it might be worth ringing them and verifying that you should have one or not, we don't want to be arguing the toss with a spotty faced steward at 9am on a Saturday am do we . And wheres the question mark on a German keyboard lol....grrr! See you soon, anyone else up for this meet hurry up and get sorted out.

t5owner
Tuesday 13th September 2005, 10:26
TDS3,And everyone else attending

Have spoken to thorney motorsport who are the orginisers of this event as its nothing to do with donny its self you should be receiving your tickets with "infield parking passes" shortly

It would seem they missed me off the list (cos i ordered seperatly from you guys) :slap: so mine has been dispatched today

Any one else whos coming and has not ordered a ticket via tds3 and is going to pay on the gate will not be able to park on the infield with the rest of us attending as "Volvo T5 Forums Club" as a pass is required for this

Will see you all at donny sevices at 09:00 on saturday TDS i`ve pm`d you my new mobile number

Cheers

stuart

Redbrick
Tuesday 13th September 2005, 16:19
Ticket arrived today even though I'd cancelled it :slap:

Came with an A4 photocopied piece of paper saying 'Car Club Parking Pass, Volvo T5 Club'

I'll do some photocopies just in case! ;)

So I guess there is a spare ticket with TDS if anyone wants it.

If no one does I'll send mine back after the event and get the promised refund.

Mrsmopp
Tuesday 13th September 2005, 16:58

Came with an A4 photocopied piece of paper saying 'Car Club Parking Pass, Volvo T5 Club'

I need another one - if TDS leaves it with someone who is meeting me and Goof ?

x

Vikingxl
Tuesday 13th September 2005, 17:01
As long as the car is done i will be waiting for you so i can get it for you moppy

Mrsmopp
Tuesday 13th September 2005, 17:13
As long as the car is done i will be waiting for you so i can get it for you moppy

Spank you muchly Viking!! :remybussi

(want me to pay you on Saturday Redbrick cos I dont have paypal?)

x

lance
Tuesday 13th September 2005, 17:16
:slap: doh just been online and ticket on gate only anyone able too email me a copy of the volvo t5 photocopy leaflet please.

Redbrick
Tuesday 13th September 2005, 19:50
(want me to pay you on Saturday Redbrick cos I dont have paypal?)x

This is where it gets confusing! lol

I haven't paid TDS so buy the ticket off him on Saturday as he's paid for it and its still in his possession... confused you will be!

I'll use my ticket that I've paid for and arrived today to get in. :slap:

BUT your not going to be there till later.... so

I'll buy the ticket off TDS, give it to viking (if his car is ready) and then you can pay me back later that day. Remember I need a bottle of Presta off you!

Is that cool? What happens if Viking can't make it- how are you going to get the ticket as we'll already be in.

Care to add a bit of female logic as clearly my brain is burned. :bricks:

Unless I post my ticket to you.

t5owner
Tuesday 13th September 2005, 20:27

Thanks redbrick i may well need a copy of that if mine doesn`t turn up as promised

Cheers

stuart

mikej
Tuesday 13th September 2005, 20:55
Redbrick confused is right i,ve been totally confused since the start lol.I will be there early 9am to get my 2 tickets from TDS one of which i am giving to moppy so i,ll have to wait for the lazy cow (her words not mine) anyway ,if viking cannot make it i will pass any additional tickets on just make sure you lot save us a space on the infield
mike......

Redbrick
Tuesday 13th September 2005, 21:03
I will be there early 9am to get my 2 tickets from TDS one of which i am giving to moppy

I give up :slap:

Guess I'll see you all there @ 9am lol

We'll sort out the tickets then!

Mrsmopp
Tuesday 13th September 2005, 21:24
LMSO!! Ohh I say!! Its all very complex!!

If I HAVE to I can be there for 9am (I'd rather not mind you lol) so IF on Friday Viking says he cant make it then I'll meet you guys at 9am there fore Mike wont have to be late waiting for me?

x

Note to self:

Must remember presta polish

Vikingxl
Wednesday 14th September 2005, 07:55
Justin tells me my life wont be worth living if i dont make it and with any luck it will be out of the body shop friday afternoon.

t5owner
Wednesday 14th September 2005, 08:21
Moppy don`t forget the presta polish

TangoDeltaSierra3
Wednesday 14th September 2005, 10:30
Yayy i'm back, and yes there are 7 passes with 7 tickets, a word of warning for anyone asking for copies of the infield pass i am suspecting they will have allocated space for the number i have booked, which is 8, if theres room for more even better, but be warned lol.....

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 14th September 2005, 11:34
Moppy don`t forget the presta polish

LOL! Thanks for reminding me :haha: !!

x

t5owner
Wednesday 14th September 2005, 12:18
Yea haaa my parking pass arrived this morning so i guess if tds has 7 tickets and passes and redbrick has one and pass and i now have one and pass we should have at least nine spaces allocated but we could always try our luck on the day for any stragglers with a copy of the pass for any that are paying on the gate on the day

Cheers

Stuart

Today i will mainly be replacing my front brakes (discs,pads and calipers oem for now) :slap:

PS Your welcome moppy :remybussi

lil_me
Wednesday 14th September 2005, 15:51
We haven't managed to book tickets/passes but should be there, left it with this petrol thing going on

What time are people meeting and where ?

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 14th September 2005, 16:51
I am meeting a couple of them at 10.30 @ the Donnington Services (just off the roundabout @ jct 23a) or I'll PM you my number if you want to meet us in the grounds?

x

Murphy
Wednesday 14th September 2005, 16:52
Can't be arsed to read 10 pages !!!! Anything i need to know ?

Andy

t5owner
Wednesday 14th September 2005, 16:57
Most of us are meeting at 09:00 at donnington services just off the M1 A42 Junction 23A for those that don`t know and then onto donny itself for infield parking as "Volvo T5 Owners" club

Stragglers can meet up with moppy at about 10:30 ish

Think that about covers it
Oh yeah £15 sovs on the gate to get in

Cheers

stuart

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 14th September 2005, 17:03
Can't be arsed to read 10 pages !!!! Anything i need to know ?

Andy

Nope - we'll see you there thats all you need to know!! LOL

x

Murphy
Wednesday 14th September 2005, 17:15
Lol - thanks Nat. I know i need to be there for 8am <OMG !!!!!!

Goof
Wednesday 14th September 2005, 18:06
I am meeting a couple of them at 10.30 @ the Donnington Services (just off the roundabout @ jct 23a) or I'll PM you my number if you want to meet us in the grounds?

x
10:30 sounds good - we gonna meet up somewhere first Moppy?

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 14th September 2005, 18:08
10:30 sounds good - we gonna meet up somewhere first Moppy?

Yeah - Shell garage about 10?

x

Vikingxl
Wednesday 14th September 2005, 18:08
Murphy :nutkick:
Serves you right Volvo killer.
See you there mate.

C70T5
Wednesday 14th September 2005, 18:42
I will be there this Saturday. I look forward to seeing some old faces and meeting the new. I will however be in the fastest set of wheels propelled by my very own arms, the "run" and do this gags from Hamish and crew will be funny the 10th time around I'm sure ;)

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 14th September 2005, 21:20
I will be there this Saturday. I look forward to seeing some old faces and meeting the new. I will however be in the fastest set of wheels propelled by my very own arms, the "run" and do this gags from Hamish and crew will be funny the 10th time around I'm sure ;)

You doing the 1/4 mile then? LMSO!!

x

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 15th September 2005, 02:47
My C70 came back from the Valeters today - Mopped and polished - Looks sooo much better now.
She will be running in the 1/4 mile competition.

Looking forward to seeing you all there.

Vikingxl
Thursday 15th September 2005, 06:47
My cars off to the body shop this morning fingers crossed for getting it back tomorrow.

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 15th September 2005, 09:35
My cars off to the body shop this morning fingers crossed for getting it back tomorrow.
Hopefully for the last time!

lil_me
Thursday 15th September 2005, 15:42
We're leaving about 8.30. its a good 150 and a bit miles from us so I don't think we'll be able to make the meet points on time but I have TDS's number and I will ring him when we get there :)

M

TangoDeltaSierra3
Thursday 15th September 2005, 17:28
is there room for 1 more please :tank:Are you going this Saturday mate ? If so do you wana convoy down the M1 ?

TangoDeltaSierra3
Thursday 15th September 2005, 17:31
Mrs Mopp and Goof thanks a million for your hospitality really do appreciate your offers :remybussi , only now i,ve noticed.Anyway i,m ok for accomadation now just booked the lad & myself into a travel inn not too far from donnington.I will be travelling up friday night once the lad has finished school that way i wont be knackered all day saturday ,hopefully! Right then what is the name of the services you are all meeting at , is it donnington park services around junction 23a M1/A42 ?? as i will be coming up the A42 obviously i need to see tds for tickets 9am but dont mind hanging around to meet the lazy sorry late comers.TDS has ordered 2 tickets for me although i only need one now as the boy gets in free , anybody want to buy my spare??
thanks again both
mike......Mike are you staying up North for the Sunday meet too ? It;s only 50 miles north of Donington Park on the M1.

mikej
Thursday 15th September 2005, 18:17
I,m working on it ! :)

TangoDeltaSierra3
Thursday 15th September 2005, 18:20
I,m working on it ! :)Get yer tent packed and in Goofys garden lol with the rest of the clan, dont forget yer pillow!

mikej
Thursday 15th September 2005, 18:29
Sod that he wants everyone to wear those red pvc shorts , swimmies i think they call them and metal free lol :jaw:

Mrsmopp
Thursday 15th September 2005, 21:40
Sod that he wants everyone to wear those red pvc shorts , swimmies i think they call them and metal free lol :jaw:

Mike - seriously if you want to stay over at mine then you are more than welcome, you and your son can have the spare room and Spesh can sleep on the blow up bed!!

x

mikej
Friday 16th September 2005, 08:58
Moppy thanks again for the kind offer but i,ve booked an additional night at the travel lodge so spesh panic over mate no blowup items for you :B_blite: .Hope Goof doesn't take the knock about the shorts bit i was only jokeing , the chance of a few beers after sounds good .unfortunately it doesn't look like i will be able to make the sunday meet though theres too much going on down in wales.Thanks again mrs mopp your a star. :remybussi
mike.......

Goof
Friday 16th September 2005, 14:05
... they don't have to be red! ;)

Justin
Friday 16th September 2005, 14:27
Although i dont have a ticket i will be paying at the gate and will be there.

Convoy from Brum anyone ?

Not_Gwaredd
Friday 16th September 2005, 15:32
Look out for the Yellow 996 Porsche 911. I applied some graphics to it earlier today (West Tuning) & he took me up the road in it.

542BHP & 4WD.

Oh - my - God! 0-175 in around 20 secs. Fastest thing I've ever been in. If it doesn't win the 1/4 mile shootout, I wouldn't like to be in the car that does!

Cheers,

Gwaredd.

MattV70
Friday 16th September 2005, 16:24

I'm supposed to be meeting up with Viking and driving up, so we might as well all go at the same time. (As long as you don't mind getting up early to get to the services for 9)

I'll wait to hear if Viking's got his car back from the garage ok and we'll sort it out a bit later on tonight! I'll PM you my mobile number.

Cheers

Matt

The Flying Banana
Friday 16th September 2005, 16:32
Look out for the Yellow 996 Porsche 911. I applied some graphics to it earlier today (West Tuning) & he took me up the road in it.

542BHP & 4WD.

Oh - my - God! 0-175 in around 20 secs. Fastest thing I've ever been in. If it doesn't win the 1/4 mile shootout, I wouldn't like to be in the car that does!

Cheers,

Gwaredd.

Obviously your graphics are top quality!! At that rate of knots they could have flew off!!!!LOL

t5owner
Friday 16th September 2005, 16:53

Justin,

Can you bring me a car sticker when you come

Thanks

Stuart

mikej
Friday 16th September 2005, 16:59
Donnington here i come , see you all at the services tomorrow at 9am.... :B_steerin

t5owner
Friday 16th September 2005, 17:08
Donnington here i come , see you all at the services tomorrow at 9am.... :B_steerin

Aye i`ll be there bright eyed and somat else i is a comin

Cheers

stuart :B_steerin

Vikingxl
Friday 16th September 2005, 18:23
OK got the car back and have spoken to MattV70 and we are going to meet at 8am at Tamworth services(J10 M42)If anyone else wants to meet here give me a ring(07843388134)
Then we will drive to Donnington services just off M1 A42 J23a for 9am
Then most people will be off to Donnington and Justin and Myself will wait at the services for Moppy,Goof and anyone else that makes it for 10:30.
So hope to see you all tomorrow have a safe drive there!

TangoDeltaSierra3
Friday 16th September 2005, 18:36
Hope i'm not late then lol, only having 10 pints tonight instead of my normal dozen lol....

Justin
Friday 16th September 2005, 21:00
Thats a bit early for me, i will be leaving about 9am, down to the tyre depot to pick up what i left today, then onto the 42, eta services 10.15am traffic permitting :)

I will have loads of stickers with me so have you coins ready ;)

Vikingxl
Friday 16th September 2005, 21:06
See you then mate.

V70Man
Friday 16th September 2005, 22:08
OK see you all at 9 at the services.

I don't have a clue what any of you look like so hopefully I won't be going up to some random bloke who happens to be in a Volvo and talking ££££ when all of you lot are round the other side LOL.

So if you see a Blue P2 driving round aimlessly please flag me down :D
I have TDS' mobile number.

lil_me
Friday 16th September 2005, 22:28
We'll be there, dunno what time yet, hopefully leaving Durham at 8am.

Not taking the Volvo this time unfortunately as Pete's Mam needed to borrow it.

I just gotta hope my 2 little boys behave themselves :troutslap

V70Man
Friday 16th September 2005, 22:33
We'll be there, dunno what time yet, hopefully leaving Durham at 8am.

Not taking the Volvo this time unfortunately as Pete's Mam needed to borrow it.

I just gotta hope my 2 little boys behave themselves :troutslap

I have my 6 year old boy with me too. It's gonna be fun waking him up at 6:00 :D

lil_me
Friday 16th September 2005, 22:45
Mine are 4 and 6, if they are on usual form we won't be invited to a meet again :slap: Little one is car mad, if there is a bonnet up he'll be under it :B_steerin . They are still awake now unfortunately, keeping them up so I can get everything done in the morning before I wake them up.

I'll ring TDS when we get there in the morning and if anyones got spare tickets for inside and doesn't mind none Volvos being on the stand we'll park with you if someone can get the tickets to the gates, as I don't think we'll get to the meeting point on time but we'll try (another car coming with us aswell) . Save wasted tickets as I know a few were going spare/over ordered.

Wobbly Dave
Saturday 17th September 2005, 00:06
VT are on the pit lane - my car is all stickered up - looking forward to seeing you peeps!

Look out for her on the 1/4!

siamblue
Saturday 17th September 2005, 00:10
Have a good one peeps, I will be thinking of you all and will look forward to the updated thread tomorrow evening,

regards Gary.

TangoDeltaSierra3
Saturday 17th September 2005, 00:18
I'm outta my tree, drunk as a skunk, but shall see u all sooooin lol....Enjoy!

Vikingxl
Saturday 17th September 2005, 06:12
Im on my way hope you all have a fun but safe journey see you all soon and for all you people that cant make it the cameras are packed so hopefully there will be some good photos when i get back on sunday night.

Vikingxl
Saturday 17th September 2005, 18:10
It was great to meet you all today shame about having to move the cars at 5 never mind see you all very soon.

Goof
Saturday 17th September 2005, 18:50
Nice to meet up with you all - suppose I'll have to drink all this beer myself now Viking! ;) (hope you're feeling better). We'll have a pint another time!

Vikingxl
Saturday 17th September 2005, 18:54
Sorry mate glad i went home though as im feeling really rough now and had to make an emergency stop on the way home will definately have to have a beer sometime soon though.

C70T5
Saturday 17th September 2005, 18:58
Hi all, what a great day!

The Skoda was...... dare I say FAB? ;-)

Well driven!

Some great coverage for Chiptuning and the event as a whole was a good day, no real incidents apart from 3 offs by the same blue Elise, snigger.....

Hopefully next time I will be walking and therefore driving, put some of those words in to action on one of my favorite UK tracks.

Take care all

Redbrick
Saturday 17th September 2005, 19:00
Home now. :B_steerin

Thanks for a fun day, great to put faces to names.

Hope to see most of you next Friday.

Andy

Justin
Saturday 17th September 2005, 19:04
Awesome day, pics to follow :)

Well done to Murphy in the fabia, he actually won a prize in the diesel section :)

Oh, and Hamish in his P2 with 300whp could not shake him on the straights.

C70T5
Saturday 17th September 2005, 19:04
Adam helped the most as you can see here skillfully pointing out which end the engine is ;)

http://www.geocities.com/cachurchill/SDSCN6960.JPG

hamish
Saturday 17th September 2005, 19:43
Adam helped the most as you can see here skillfully pointing out which end the engine is ;)

http://www.geocities.com/cachurchill/SDSCN6960.JPG

LOL - And Giggle

Even I enjoyed today, Hamish is still not home, probably stopped off at the pub. Poor Adam is playing in his band until 1am tomorrow morning!

Hoped you all enjoyed the food and next year I will remember to bring more sausages!!!!!

Nat

PS - Hamish's dash board is lit up like a christmas tree Hmmm I wonder why?

C70T5
Saturday 17th September 2005, 19:56
PS - Hamish's dash board is lit up like a christmas tree Hmmm I wonder why?

The mind boggles!

Thank you so much for looking after us all today you did a great job and I think I speak for us all in saying the food was great!

Chris & Sam.

Justin
Saturday 17th September 2005, 20:42
Yeah, well done Nat, and all at VT for setting the stand for an excellent day.

Well worth the trip out for me, although the back of that RS4 was a bit too close on the brakes down the home straight.

V70Man
Saturday 17th September 2005, 20:59
Nice to meet you all, even if my son was a pain in the ass. :remybussi

http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/9575/right5vt.jpg
http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/7247/left5mi.jpg

And finally the nice Golf...err I mean Volvo!
http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/2060/golf1wt.jpg

C70T5
Saturday 17th September 2005, 21:09
And finally the nice Golf...err I mean Volvo!
http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/2060/golf1wt.jpg

LMAO..... how and.... (cheeky I know) why?

V70Man
Saturday 17th September 2005, 21:15

All the Volvos parked up in a line miles away from the actual services, and yet he had to come and park right next to us! So I thought he may aswell be an honourary Volvo for the day :)

C70T5
Saturday 17th September 2005, 21:17
Personally I think its as funny as hell nice touch ;)

lil_me
Saturday 17th September 2005, 22:02
Hello, was really nice to meet some of you today, I'm sorry we couldn't bring the Volvo but the mother in law decided she needed it, thanks for letting us park with you lot anyway as it really helped having the children with us :) Well worth the 410 miles round trip (god knows where the routefinder got 150 from)

Marsha

(PS Thanks Justin for the VolvoT5 sticker, which is now proudly displayed on the windscreen of the Skyline :) )

Vikingxl
Saturday 17th September 2005, 22:36
Fantastic

Mrsmopp
Sunday 18th September 2005, 20:10
Cracking day guys - big thanks to Nat, Hamish and Adam for their hospitality.

Murphy - you done good!! LOL Amazing round the track!! And a trophy to prove it!!

Great to meet some new faces (and brillaint as always to see those I know) :D

x

t5owner
Sunday 18th September 2005, 20:23
Excellent day out nice to put faces to names thanks to all at vt for the hospitality shown even though some of you didn`t know who i was you still made me feel most welcome

Looking forward to the next meet

Thanks to moppy for the presta and justin for the car sticker

Cheers

stuart

Vikingxl
Sunday 2nd October 2005, 15:42
Any chance of getting the piccys posted?