PDA

View Full Version : NW meet, Sunday 29th April, Rishworth

RobbieH
Monday 5th March 2012, 21:13
Sunday Time for another meet methinks :smile: .

29th April, 11am onwards. Usual place, The Malthouse, Rishworth, nr Halifax, on the A672 just off j22 of the M62).

270 Oldham Road,
Rishworth,
Sowerby Bridge,
Halifax.
HX6 4QB

http://www.malthouserishworth.co.uk/

Non-Volvo owners welcome and other forum members as well. I'll post up on VOC and T5D5 as well. Post up as soon as possible please on either thread and make your mark if you want to eat so I can look at booking a table (or a room like last time :eek: ).

At the moment I've checked with the Malthouse and they are free on the day (so far :rolleyes: ).

Just one point to note, if we do get a large group eating like last time, they might want us to pre-order food so it might be a good idea to have a look on their website and have an idea what you'd want to eat just in case we get asked.

No doubt various bits of code reading kit will be made available on the day in case anyone wants anything checking or clearing.

List:

RobbieH (eating)

daza-b
Monday 5th March 2012, 21:16
Put me down as a maybe matey :)

RobbieH
Friday 30th March 2012, 22:02
Will do ;)

Looks like your the sole VPC rep then :Handshake

So a little bump in case anyone else wants to show.

dtp
Friday 30th March 2012, 22:29
I will turn up for this Robbie

One & two halves eating.

nosh
Friday 30th March 2012, 22:54
Sunday Time for another meet methinks :smile: .

29th April, 11am onwards. Usual place, The Malthouse, Rishworth, nr Halifax, on the A672 just off j22 of the M62).

270 Oldham Road,
Rishworth,
Sowerby Bridge,
Halifax.
HX6 4QB

http://www.malthouserishworth.co.uk/

Non-Volvo owners welcome and other forum members as well. I'll post up on VOC and T5D5 as well. Post up as soon as possible please on either thread and make your mark if you want to eat so I can look at booking a table (or a room like last time :eek: ).

At the moment I've checked with the Malthouse and they are free on the day (so far :rolleyes: ).

Just one point to note, if we do get a large group eating like last time, they might want us to pre-order food so it might be a good idea to have a look on their website and have an idea what you'd want to eat just in case we get asked.

No doubt various bits of code reading kit will be made available on the day in case anyone wants anything checking or clearing.

List:

RobbieH (eating)
put me on the list....

WOODY T5
Friday 30th March 2012, 22:57
Working that day gutted

T5Tom
Saturday 31st March 2012, 07:27
I'll see if i can come along :) should be ok

abdul
Saturday 31st March 2012, 13:22
hoping to go to this meet

RobbieH
Wednesday 18th April 2012, 12:49
OK, I is back in blightly. I'm hoping the snow fairy is staying behind in France. You REALLY don't want to see the amount she dropped off in the Alps last week :brokenhea

Confirmed list to date across the various forums:

VOC
RobbieH (eating)
Pookie (eating)
TT82 (eating)
Bonelorry +1 (eating)
acshortt5 (eating)
loki the GLT (eating)
Ninja59 +1 (eating)

via T5D5
BigBas (Eating)
Alan (eating)
IGS (eating)
DTP +2 (eating)

Via VPCUK
Nosh (eating)

I'll be ringing the Malthouse on Saturday to book a table. If your name's not on the list, you're on your own ;)

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 18th April 2012, 12:54
Why are you lot not going to the seaside (Morecombe)?

In anycase - Halifax is in that County LOL - dare I not speak its name. Our lot didn't bash u lot at Bosworth for nowt!

Liddo
Wednesday 18th April 2012, 14:57
i MAY come to this, seeing as i should be a Volvo owner again by the weekend. Faintly pencil me in

;)

RobbieH
Wednesday 18th April 2012, 18:19
Why are you lot not going to the seaside (Morecombe)?

a) 'cos I'm organsing and it's organisers prerogative to chose the venue or nothing might happen :haha:
b) I really don't like UK seaside / holiday towns (apologies :redface:)
c) it's open to members of VOC, VPC, T5D5 and VVC (only one I've not posted on is volvotuners because I haven't signed up) as it always has been. IIRC Morecambe has only been advertised on VPC.

In anycase - Halifax is in that County LOL - dare I not speak its name. Our lot didn't bash u lot at Bosworth for nowt!

Well, my lot originally came from Denmark and beat the c**p out of that lot over the other side of the "English ditch", settled down, got bored and decided to kick the mob that inhabited this little rock. For some god only known reason we decided to settle here (although I'm hankering to go back over the ditch, preferably to the hilly bit near the "neutral zone" - they get more snow than here :brokenhea).
I've also lived "darn sarf", "oop norf (in both Red and White zones)", in the land of sheep and yellow flowers and a few other wordly places in between. All have their pro's and con's but I don't hold it against them :remybussi

t5_monkey
Wednesday 18th April 2012, 18:23
am torn how I don't know if i want seaside... or Halifax !!

Liddo
Wednesday 18th April 2012, 19:06
am torn how I don't know if i want seaside... or Halifax !!

Theres only one way to find out.................FIIIIGGGHHHHHHHTTTTT!

PHIL V70R
Wednesday 18th April 2012, 20:54
count me in....

RobbieH
Thursday 19th April 2012, 16:46
count me in....

Just turning up or do you want to be added to the eating list?

t5_monkey
Thursday 19th April 2012, 16:47
ok im gonna come 2 this one !

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 19th April 2012, 17:07
a) 'cos I'm organsing and it's organisers prerogative to chose the venue or nothing might happen :haha:
b) I really don't like UK seaside / holiday towns (apologies :redface:)
c) it's open to members of VOC, VPC, T5D5 and VVC (only one I've not posted on is volvotuners because I haven't signed up) as it always has been. IIRC Morecambe has only been advertised on VPC.

Well, my lot originally came from Denmark and beat the c**p out of that lot over the other side of the "English ditch", settled down, got bored and decided to kick the mob that inhabited this little rock. For some god only known reason we decided to settle here (although I'm hankering to go back over the ditch, preferably to the hilly bit near the "neutral zone" - they get more snow than here :brokenhea).
I've also lived "darn sarf", "oop norf (in both Red and White zones)", in the land of sheep and yellow flowers and a few other wordly places in between. All have their pro's and con's but I don't hold it against them :remybussi
Well I promised to go to Morecombe & will make an effort to make it up your way soon.

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 19th April 2012, 17:08
I thought Phil was talking about the fight?

PHIL V70R
Thursday 19th April 2012, 22:26

turn up mate...fight...me,,nooo

Kingsford G
Thursday 19th April 2012, 22:36
Hope u have a good meet guys and the weather is good.Take some pics plz.

nosh
Friday 20th April 2012, 14:12
OK, I is back in blightly. I'm hoping the snow fairy is staying behind in France. You REALLY don't want to see the amount she dropped off in the Alps last week :brokenhea

Confirmed list to date across the various forums:

VOC
RobbieH (eating)
Pookie (eating)
TT82 (eating)
Bonelorry +1 (eating)
acshortt5 (eating)
loki the GLT (eating)
Ninja59 +1 (eating)

via T5D5
BigBas (Eating)
Alan (eating)
IGS (eating)
DTP +2 (eating)

Via VPCUK
Nosh + 1 (eating)

I'll be ringing the Malthouse on Saturday to book a table. If your name's not on the list, you're on your own ;)

nosh + 1 (eating)

abdul
Saturday 21st April 2012, 13:32
Count me in eating

t5_monkey
Saturday 21st April 2012, 16:42
Me and I'll be eating please! So ask for some bananas :)

RobbieH
Saturday 21st April 2012, 18:50
Confirmed list for eating across the various forums:

VOC
RobbieH (eating)
Pookie (eating)
TT82 (eating)
Bonelorry +1 (eating)
acshortt5 (eating)
loki the GLT (eating)
Ninja59 +1 (eating)
strbryan and Sam (eating)
t5_monkey (eating)

via T5D5
BigBas (Eating)
Alan (eating)
IGS (eating)
DTP +2 (eating)
Ruthless GK (eating)

Via VPCUK
Nosh +1(eating)
Abdul (eating)

I've phoned the Malthouse to let them know we're coming and they have said they will put us in the back room like last time with 3 large tables. This will actually allow seating for 26 people so there are a couple of spaces spare and no doubt if push comes to shove we could probably squeeze a couple more people in.

I've told them we'll be arriving from 11am with the aim of taking over the top car park again and sitting down for food at 12.30.

If anyone can't make it can you please post up so as to cause less confusion on the day (and makes my life a bit easier). Thanks.

See you there :B_thumb:

t5_monkey
Saturday 21st April 2012, 19:00
I'm eating BTW if that's OK!

RobbieH
Saturday 21st April 2012, 19:05
I'm eating BTW if that's OK!

EFA :wallbash:

t5_monkey
Saturday 21st April 2012, 19:17
I did scan the other post before and I didn't notice it saying eating!

I am excited and a little confused today cause of my new monitor :D

MarkT5
Monday 23rd April 2012, 20:45
I should be able to make it. With the possibility of two others aswell. Will turn up if I can make it. Cheers

abdul
Friday 27th April 2012, 00:24
Hope the rain stays away

bonelorry
Sunday 29th April 2012, 18:40
Firstly Thank you to Robbie for organising the event and to all those who braved the weather and turned up!

Despite the wet weather it was a fantastic turnout and both myself and Will enjoyed it, The banter around the table is always entertaining :)

Ill look forward to the next one, You never know i might surprise you all and still have the Saab ;)

Cheers

Liddo
Tuesday 1st May 2012, 22:08
Soz i missed it, but the level of alchohol in my body was WAY too much to drive. Hope the weather wasnt TOOOO bad, but from my couch, it looked bloody awful :(