PDA

View Full Version : C70 Not Starting :(

andybrown
Monday 5th March 2012, 20:34
Hi Gyus,

I got back in the car, started it, but it started the died, then refused to start at all :/

A few times this happened until it sprang into life, prob took about 3 mins of trying.

Got to the post office to post a letter, went to start it - same again.

Called my bro to see if he any ideas - started the car eventually, he told me to rev it to see how it was, but the revs stopped at 4000 revs, I'm assuming this is in limp mode? The EML light comes on when its turning over, but then you stop it goes off, as does the battery and oil light (and another one, can't remember which)

when i was moving i revved it and it again did not go above 4k

got home a few meters away, got on the drive, stopped the engine, started it ok, stopped it, tried to start, but same again.
Had a look for any connections under bonnet come loose - nothing.
Battrey terminals all ok

Tried again - no start - just turning over.

I remembered i had put a new stereo, so i took it out completely - tried it, and it started first time.

the red and yellow wires go to the red and yellow wires correctly on the loom for the car, but i know they have to be changed from model to model so as to not draw power, and i HAD been running the amp lead on the DIN to PHONO adapter right to the battery, but if the battery wasn't flat, surly it wouldn't start?

Pumping the gas didn't do anything either whilst trying.

Anyone got any ideas?! really stressed out and worried :(

Wobbly Dave
Monday 5th March 2012, 22:05
Pumping the pedal on ME7 does nothing during the start up - its not connected to the butterfly valve until the engine starts AFAIK.

Need to find out what fault codes you have.

andybrown
Monday 5th March 2012, 22:14
Pumping the pedal on ME7 does nothing during the start up - its not connected to the butterfly valve until the engine starts AFAIK.

Need to find out what fault codes you have.

Iv just took off the antenna ring as some forums suggested, and its now starting perfectly - iv realised its not supposed to go over 4k on idle, so thats a relief.

Im preying its this antenna ring thingy, its easy to fix!!

andybrown
Tuesday 6th March 2012, 13:46
Well,

Its started every time today. I have ordered a new antenna ring just in case.

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 6th March 2012, 13:53
I was going to say - I still have a spare if you wanted it.