PDA

View Full Version : t5 intercooler blown-out?

tomtyres
Monday 5th March 2012, 14:13
Hi everyone, I've been thinking I've had a bit of a boost leak for a while now, so I thought I'd check the pipework this morning, as I checked the top hose on the intercooler it was very oily underneath?

I guessed the samco hose had a split or something, but when I took the hose off, it showed the top crimps that hold the intercooler together had streched open and created a gap?? I am running 20psi, but even so?

Do you think there's a possibility of getting it re-crimped or just bin it?

Thanks, tomtyres.

MWT5
Monday 5th March 2012, 23:44
Hi everyone, I've been thinking I've had a bit of a boost leak for a while now, so I thought I'd check the pipework this morning, as I checked the top hose on the intercooler it was very oily underneath?

I guessed the samco hose had a split or something, but when I took the hose off, it showed the top crimps that hold the intercooler together had streched open and created a gap?? I am running 20psi, but even so?

Do you think there's a possibility of getting it re-crimped or just bin it?

Thanks, tomtyres.

Your best bet is to bin it.I've known standard coolers to burst with as little as 14 psi (not volvo's thou) if your running 20 psi your best bet is an all aluminium cooler.

AndysR
Monday 5th March 2012, 23:48
I blew mine up the same way, get a replacement ;)