PDA

View Full Version : WD40 Highlights

Wobbly Dave
Monday 5th March 2012, 00:34
Compilation of gaffs & missed corners from Cadwell Park (25th Feb 2012)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhJiAl4C54E

smithson007
Monday 5th March 2012, 00:56
Good video dave. Few ooops moments there for couple of people and a change of underwear needed. lol.
That elise could fairly shift too.

Wobbly Dave
Monday 5th March 2012, 01:03
Yeah fantastic track day machine - however, you wouldn't want to use it to go down the shops. I helped MOT one once - just getting in is a mission.

JUDGENINJA
Monday 5th March 2012, 01:05
Glad to see you got a bit of a squeal on as well...!!!

smithson007
Monday 5th March 2012, 01:08
Yeah fantastic track day machine - however, you wouldn't want to use it to go down the shops. I helped MOT one once - just getting in is a mission.

Id much rather have one of our cars over it.

Wobbly Dave
Monday 5th March 2012, 01:21
The eternal tuning question - not easily answered is how to retain the luxury feel, looks & practicality vs. usefulness as a TDM & further more keep the costs down too.

I guess that is why it keeps me interested.

I have to say that my C70 has earned her stripes this last week - 2 track days, a RR day (making over 300 horses) and getting there and back. Cost me a fortune but I keep grinning like the Cheshire Cat. Certainly beats working for a living.

LiamT4
Monday 5th March 2012, 01:23
The eternal tuning question - not easily answered is how to retain the luxury feel, looks & practicality vs. usefulness as a TDM & further more keep the costs down too.

I have to say that my C70 has earned her stripes this last week - 2 track days, a RR day (making over 300 horses) and getting there and back. Cost me a fortune but I keep grinning like the Cheshire Cat. Certainly beats working for a living.

Take it your not one of those that removes the A/C then.

Power and comfort, i suppose a big difficulty is getting the suspension right.

Wobbly Dave
Monday 5th March 2012, 01:27
A good chassis might help too & no I don't plan to remove the A/C (I just leave it turned off).

Suspension does help & an understanding of how to get the best out of FWD on the track.

I have spent a ruddy fortune on the former - not mentioning the LSD.

smithson007
Monday 5th March 2012, 01:32

It always is going to be finding the balance beween the 2 really. Our cars with there big sofa like seats and all the electrics in are never going to be as fast round a track as things built specially for it but like you said dave your C70 has earned her stripes this week and youve travelled all those miles in luxury and comfort.

manback
Tuesday 6th March 2012, 20:10
good vid dave, were you listening to michael jackson?

T5frankie
Tuesday 6th March 2012, 20:20
T'was an excellent day and all you's who didn't go in the end i feel for ya lol

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 7th March 2012, 01:36
Guilty as charged Simon, LOL - cha'mon hee hee MF!