Thanks.

glock19
Monday 5th March 2012, 03:23
Yes it does. It's for a Manual 850-T5

MWT5
Monday 5th March 2012, 15:49
Yes it does. It's for a Manual 850-T5

Thanks m8
My next question is can I use an ecu off the earlier t5 to run the engine a new loom is going to be made and I won't be using the key to start the engine.
Reason I ask I don't have the original key or transponder that goes with this engine,it's being used in off road race car.

Dangerous Dave
Monday 5th March 2012, 18:08
The immobiliser on the volvo 850 is not built into the ecu, it is in a seperate module. So ecus are interchangeable between cars (to a point, manual and auto gearbox ecus differ).

So you will need the immobiliser unit that is linked to the key. You could fool the ecu into thinking the immobiliser is there, but Im not sure how to do it.

MWT5
Monday 5th March 2012, 20:56
The immobiliser on the volvo 850 is not built into the ecu, it is in a seperate module. So ecus are interchangeable between cars (to a point, manual and auto gearbox ecus differ).

So you will need the immobiliser unit that is linked to the key. You could fool the ecu into thinking the immobiliser is there, but Im not sure how to do it.

Thanks m8
Need to have a chat with a auto electrician I don't want all that extra stuff on a off road car don't need the hassle of immobilisers on a race car.

glock19
Tuesday 6th March 2012, 00:02
@bomb : Sorry I beg to differ. :) The immo code is in the ECU Program. Reflash it with older software and the immo is gone - defo applies to the 850. S/V70, not sure though

@MWT5 : Yes, use an older ECU without Immo and you can start the car

Dangerous Dave
Tuesday 6th March 2012, 00:10
@bomb : Sorry I beg to differ. :) The immo code is in the ECU Program. Reflash it with older software and the immo is gone - defo applies to the 850. S/V70, not sure though

@MWT5 : Yes, use an older ECU without Immo and you can start the car
I stand corrected, cheers buddy.

MWT5
Tuesday 6th March 2012, 14:11
Thanks guys for the info it's much appreciated.