PDA

View Full Version : interesting bit of kit..???

d2k
Sunday 4th March 2012, 08:21
hi all.....

whilst browsing the pit of sins i came across this.

KWP2000+ REMAP TOOL (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/041-KWP2000-ECU-Remap-Tuning-Tool-Flasher-BMW-Audi-VW-/230754143432?pt=UK_Diagnostic_Tools_Equipment&hash=item35ba04ccc8#ht_25999wt_1019)

reads your original map & rewrites.... (im sure you'll need to know what your looking at but if you do this has potential, yes..??)

i wonder what the software is like..... who's gonna send me a copy of their S60 T5 remap, so i can copy it....lol

thoughts.......

LeeT5
Sunday 4th March 2012, 20:53
You get what you pay for. I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole!!
Garanteed to render your ECU foobar. £25!! LOL.

AndysR
Sunday 4th March 2012, 20:55
To be fair I'd rather put the £25.00 towards some V-Power.

Kingsford G
Sunday 4th March 2012, 21:00
The attachments r good for a diagnostic scanner but I wouldn`t do any tuning wiv that box.

merc85
Sunday 4th March 2012, 21:09
Cant see volvo anywhere on there list

d2k
Monday 5th March 2012, 07:21
lol..... it does look like a complete bag of §§§§e.... im just wondering if all these cheap ass remap companies up north are using this to map vehicles with.

so... im back to a toss up between MTE / RICA / HLM

MTE has the great reviews, but its performed via softloader without a RR in sight.

there's a RICA dealer about 40 mile from me with the full dyno setup but ive heard a few horror stories with RICA maps.

or HLM (about 140 mile out) i hear good things about this company, but ive heard it said that the HLM maps are just RICA rip-offs..????

the world of remapping is really making my head hurt!!

adam b
Monday 5th March 2012, 11:12
MTE has the great reviews, but its performed via softloader without a RR in sight.

there's a RICA dealer about 40 mile from me with the full dyno setup but ive heard a few horror stories with RICA maps.

or HLM (about 140 mile out) i hear good things about this company, but ive heard it said that the HLM maps are just RICA rip-offs..????

You aren't alone in this as i've been looking around at remaps too. The following is what I have gleaned as i've been looking into it for over a year now.

As far as I can tell RICA aren't that bad off the shelf (Stage 1&2), but have fairly poor throttle pedal mapping. Anything custom isn't so good and customer service isn't the best if things go wrong.

Heard very little good about HLM, but loads of people on here seem to love them. No idea about where the maps come from. They are cheaper than the others though.

MTE seem to have the best throttle mapping, but again away from stage 1&2 maps its not the best as Marco is rarely in the UK. I don't see that you need it to be RR'd if your car is standard and is working properly. Especially with ME7. Not cheap though.

I'm in two minds about going for an MTE stage 2 or waiting for the community maps on T5D5 to come along. But i'm not sure I want the extra power anyway.

Tbh I think there is a lot more to be had from improving handling and corner speed in general and track use than from adding more power. I'm looking into improving steering feel, turn in and possibly adding a diff of some sort before more power. I can't see adding more power would really make it all that quicker, especially on track.

adam b
Monday 5th March 2012, 13:20
I'll be honest and say i've gleaned a lot more than that over the year, but I don't have time to type it out...

LeeT5
Monday 5th March 2012, 16:11
lol..... it does look like a complete bag of §§§§e.... im just wondering if all these cheap ass remap companies up north are using this to map vehicles with.

so... im back to a toss up between MTE / RICA / HLM

...Not forgetting BSR. They do a ppc remap. I have it and its the nuts. You can put your car back to oe when ever you want to. Ie lending the car to family member or the wife!! :hidesbehi