PDA

View Full Version : Decat throwing up errors?

T5rookie
Sunday 4th March 2012, 00:24
Hi guys,

Done a search and not really found much.

I have the opportunity to get a downpipe which has had the cat removed and a straight pipe welded in. So at least I still have my stock one for MOT's!

I know the later cars suffer from engine lights and retarding performance due to the increased flow upsetting the ECU. Will an 96 plate 850 T5 be ok to decat without issue?

Also, does the lambda still live in the downpipe in the same place on the decatted one?

Lastly, will I need an MBC to bring the boost back down to a sensible level.....I have seen full exhausts on my previous jap cars increase boost a little too much to keep running stock fuel pump/no remap.

Cheers
Alex

JUDGENINJA
Sunday 4th March 2012, 00:36
In my old memory I think pre ME7 cars it's OK to do, but you'll need the Lambda port installed????

(I'll stand to be totally wrong on this)...

craigoodwood
Sunday 4th March 2012, 07:44
i have the same kinda decat on mine, the lambda sensor is still in the same place and occasionally the lambda light comes on and goes off with no change to the drive, i cant say i've noticed mush difference from doing it other than noise and bit freer to rev, and i've got full boost back now since yesdy and it goes to 1.3 bar and stays there :)

Volvostorm
Sunday 4th March 2012, 10:50
If your car has lambda, it will be ok

2 lambdas (1 before the cat, 1 after) it will throw a code.

You can get something to space the rear sensor out, or, a remap can delete the sensor.

T5rookie
Sunday 4th March 2012, 14:40
I can't imagine the 850's had 2 sensors??! Could be wrong though...

960kg
Monday 5th March 2012, 10:03
If you need one one i have the proper spacer that moves out the rear O2 sensor from the cat.!