PDA

View Full Version : Windows Explorer problems

Pliskin
Saturday 3rd March 2012, 19:31
Hi all,

I keep getting a pop-up telling me that ,
" Windows Explorer has encountered a proiblem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I thens asks if I want to send an error report and whichever I chose it shuts down whatever page I am working on.

Some weeks ago the task bar changed by itself to inbox.com, from the default google and I can't get it back.

Any ideas, please try to keep it simple, because as far as computers go, so am I.

Haizum74
Saturday 3rd March 2012, 23:37
Hi all,

I keep getting a pop-up telling me that ,
" Windows Explorer has encountered a proiblem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I thens asks if I want to send an error report and whichever I chose it shuts down whatever page I am working on.

Some weeks ago the task bar changed by itself to inbox.com, from the default google and I can't get it back.

Any ideas, please try to keep it simple, because as far as computers go, so am I.

You sure you dont mean Internet Explorer? Your taskbar wouldnt be google. The taskbar sits at the bottom of the screen. Its part of the windows programme

Pliskin
Sunday 4th March 2012, 01:12
No it definately says Windows Explorer and sorry the inbox.com is in the bar at the top where you type the webpage/site into.

M-R-P
Sunday 4th March 2012, 01:26
Sounds like malware to me.
Try this... google "malwarebytes" download it, install it, let it update itself but stop it when it trys to run a scan. Restart your computer and tap the F8 key when you see the bios screen (usually black and white/basic colour, shortly after you hear the initial system "beep"), keep tapping F8 till you see a screen with options to start in safe mode, safe mode with networking, start windows normally etc. Select safe mode. when windows boots (in safe mode, you will have no sound and only basic windows features) run malwarebytes and do a full system scan and allow it to clear/remove everything it wants to. It WILL find loads of stuff, don't worry, that's normal. Once it's finished, restart the PC in safe mode again, open malwarebytes and clear everything in it's quarantine section. Restart the machine normally and if you still have the same problem, gimme a shout and I'll guide you through fixing it ;)

Pliskin
Sunday 4th March 2012, 10:51
Thanks for that Martin, i'll give it go, after I try and fathom out how two shi@bags could have got into my locked A8 at 2am this morning.

God I wish I had had my shotgun out for cleaning!..........

Haizum74
Sunday 4th March 2012, 14:09
No it definately says Windows Explorer and sorry the inbox.com is in the bar at the top where you type the webpage/site into.

So the inbox.com is on Internet Explorer? Or do you mean in windows explorer at the top that shows what path to folders etc you are on?

http://www.mistywindow.com/windows/win-pics/windows-explorer.jpg

Inbox.com is a toolbar on firefox (for example), you need to uninstall it and then http://attachments.techguy.org/attachments/155157d1251169986/arrow2.jpg where the arrow is click it and select google.

Pliskin
Sunday 4th March 2012, 15:15
When I click on firefox to get me on the web at the top of the page where one types the webpage you want to visit it automatically defaults to inbox.com, as opposed to google, which is where it used to go.

I will have a go at what you said cheers.

Haizum74
Sunday 4th March 2012, 16:54
When I click on firefox to get me on the web at the top of the page where one types the webpage you want to visit it automatically defaults to inbox.com, as opposed to google, which is where it used to go.

I will have a go at what you said cheers.

Ah ok, yeh in that case try uninstalling and changing the search bar to google as I mentioned above.

Pliskin
Sunday 4th March 2012, 19:03
Cheers mate