PDA

View Full Version : Not a good start.

wacky racer
Saturday 3rd March 2012, 16:46
Hi all.
Went and picked up my V50 today that i bought last week.
Not started off well. After 15 miles on the motorway ,we pull into a service station for something to eat, go to start it after and the Engine light is on!
drove home ok although a little juicey on the petrol.
So its off to get the codes read this week, GREAT!!
Mark.:frown:

s_cowen
Saturday 3rd March 2012, 16:48
Wouldn't worry about it to much mate hopefully its just something daft!

t5_monkey
Saturday 3rd March 2012, 18:51
It'll be something minor :) Post up some pics when u get time !

wacky racer
Sunday 4th March 2012, 00:48
Well, went out in it tonight and when I started it the light had gone.
Will keep an eye on it and see how it goes.
Will Post up some pics soon.

wacky racer
Sunday 4th March 2012, 08:22
Been looking on the net and may have found the answer.
My problem is , engine light came on and then went out (found a bill from 2008 in the service book with same problem and light was just reset) and the ambient temp gauge reads "--" or "-43" or silmilar even though its 7 degress outside.
lots of info on the net regarding changing temp sensor thats in the passenger mirror but this does not seem to sort the problem.
What did seem to sort it was replacing A Pillar loom terminals with gold plated ones from dealer. some people had their A Pillar looms replaced also.
I will clean and spray all the terminals in the loom and see what happens, although i have read that this is only a short term fix and the terminals will need replacing in the end.
Will keep you posted as to what i find.

wacky racer
Saturday 24th March 2012, 08:55
Been looking on the net and may have found the answer.
My problem is , engine light came on and then went out (found a bill from 2008 in the service book with same problem and light was just reset) and the ambient temp gauge reads "--" or "-43" or silmilar even though its 7 degress outside.
lots of info on the net regarding changing temp sensor thats in the passenger mirror but this does not seem to sort the problem.
What did seem to sort it was replacing A Pillar loom terminals with gold plated ones from dealer. some people had their A Pillar looms replaced also.
I will clean and spray all the terminals in the loom and see what happens, although i have read that this is only a short term fix and the terminals will need replacing in the end.
Will keep you posted as to what i find.

Just a quick update.
Read the codes and as i guessed it came up with faulty Ambient temp sensor circuit.
Unplugged the n/s A pillar where it plugs into the front door, sprayed the connecters with WD40 and plugged and unplugged it a few times.
Then reset code.
This was 2 weeks ago and so far no faulty reading on the ambient temp gauge and no engine light since.
I know this maybe only a temp fix but lets see how long it lasts.

wacky racer
Sunday 22nd April 2012, 06:12
Just an update, has now been a month as still no problem.
Looks like the fix worked.

s_cowen
Sunday 22nd April 2012, 10:12
Glad you got it sorted & didn't cost you an arm & a leg so weldone :smile: