PDA

View Full Version : There's no other better feeling !!!

peteT5
Thursday 1st March 2012, 21:28
There's no other better feeling than when your T5 is back to top form! With the new year upon us with a fresh 12 month insurance along with her back up to performance scratch, with the sun shining theres no other better time to take her out for a drive around the lovely Lincolnshire lanes :) Awesome day! its been a while with the winter months at full swing and a few minor faults I've not been able to open her up till today :D
Even had a bloke in a 57 plate V50 2.0D impatiently over take me whilst I was sat peacefully behind a Renault scenic !! (just like throwing a sheep to a pack of lions!!!) How he thought he was so clever! As i giggled to my self at his dangerous and pathetic manoeuvre whilst flicking her in to sport the scenic turned off to my delight :)! After the bloke in the V50 got a bit of vision in his rear view mirror through big black cloud of smoke he realised he was no further away from me than when he started:D and sharply realised it wasn't just any old Volvo he came up against as i swiftly spooled the turbo and just watched him disappear in my mirror. Totally priceless!! Great days driving missed my baby :D

Volvostorm
Thursday 1st March 2012, 21:37
Make you realize how much you miss the the girl :)

peteT5
Thursday 1st March 2012, 21:42
Make you realize how much you miss the the girl :)

Big time ! To have her up to scratch after bit of winter flu is great lol

t5_monkey
Thursday 1st March 2012, 21:46
There's no other better feeling than when your T5 is back to top form! With the new year upon us with a fresh 12 month insurance along with her back up to performance scratch, with the sun shining theres no other better time to take her out for a drive around the lovely Lincolnshire lanes :) Awesome day! its been a while with the winter months at full swing and a few minor faults I've not been able to open her up till today :D
Even had a bloke in a 57 plate V50 2.0D impatiently over take me whilst I was sat peacefully behind a Renault scenic !! (just like throwing a sheep to a pack of lions!!!) How he thought he was so clever! As i giggled to my self at his dangerous and pathetic manoeuvre whilst flicking her in to sport the scenic turned off to my delight :)! After the bloke in the V50 got a bit of vision in his rear view mirror through big black cloud of smoke he realised he was no further away from me than when he started:D and sharply realised it wasn't just any old Volvo he came up against as i swiftly spooled the turbo and just watched him disappear in my mirror. Totally priceless!! Great days driving missed my baby :D

Just make sure it's not a safari green S40/V50 with a chimp at the wheel :)

The Flying Moose
Thursday 1st March 2012, 21:46
Fantastic story mate, almost a tear to my eye.

I bought a cheap runabout to potter about in and it lasted all of two weeks before the 850 was insured again.

There is nothing like them and they always put a smile on your face!

deathrider311271
Thursday 1st March 2012, 21:47
sounds like you had a bit of fun today Pete, where in the wolds were you??

Simon

peteT5
Thursday 1st March 2012, 21:57
Fantastic story mate, almost a tear to my eye.

I bought a cheap runabout to potter about in and it lasted all of two weeks before the 850 was insured again.

There is nothing like them and they always put a smile on your face!

You know it makes sense. I'm still smiling :D

peteT5
Thursday 1st March 2012, 22:01
sounds like you had a bit of fun today Pete, where in the wolds were you??

Simon

Yea was really good to have her on form :)

Near Ancaster

deathrider311271
Thursday 1st March 2012, 22:26
Yea was really good to have her on form :)

Near Ancaster

Ancaster to Lincoln by any chance??? i love that road and its relitivly quiet now a days