PDA

View Full Version : I've broke it

Justin
Wednesday 31st August 2005, 10:34
Driving back from VT yesterday my gear stick felt somewhat strange, more movement than normal etc.....by the time i got to my exit on the M5 i could only get 1st 3rd and 5th gear, it seems as though the whole mechanism has moved back and out of place, ie, neutral now is where second or 4th gear was, the stick is at an angle backwards and if i put it into first it looks like its in neutral :(

VT are soooo busy, Volvo cant get me in till tomorrow so its gone to my local mechanic round the corner for a no BS assesment. i am awaiting the call......its either, a cable come loose, the selector has moved or bust, or the linkage to the box has broke :(

Will keep you posted. Any thoughts ?

fraz13
Wednesday 31st August 2005, 10:41
Ma thought is......

That'll teach ye for buying a MANUAL :haha:

Seriously tho hope its something simple mate, good luck :)

Andrew
Wednesday 31st August 2005, 10:49
£££ :(

Justin
Wednesday 31st August 2005, 10:57
I can feel the holiday money taking a hammering :(

lance
Wednesday 31st August 2005, 11:44
good luck hope its nothing to serious mate

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 31st August 2005, 12:23
Driving back from VT yesterday my gear stick felt somewhat strange, more movement than normal etc.....by the time i got to my exit on the M5 i could only get 1st 3rd and 5th gear, it seems as though the whole mechanism has moved back and out of place, ie, neutral now is where second or 4th gear was, the stick is at an angle backwards and if i put it into first it looks like its in neutral :(

VT are soooo busy, Volvo cant get me in till tomorrow so its gone to my local mechanic round the corner for a no BS assesment. i am awaiting the call......its either, a cable come loose, the selector has moved or bust, or the linkage to the box has broke :(

Dont race the Moppster :B_steerin and you wont break things!! LOL

Give us a buzz later and let me know the outcome!! :sick:

x

V8guitar
Wednesday 31st August 2005, 12:28

Yeah, bugger!

Hope its OK, but sounds expensive! Did Moppy Jinx it ?

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 31st August 2005, 12:41
Did Moppy Jinx it ?

LMSO - you cheeky bugger!!! :haha:

x

MattV70
Wednesday 31st August 2005, 13:16
It sounds like you're having a good few days mate!!! You shouldn't be so aggressive on the old gear change.

Justin
Wednesday 31st August 2005, 14:31
Had a call off the garage, apparently its the cable linkage bracket that holds the cables between the stick and the box down, they have ordered the part from Volvo at a staggering cost for a small bracket, just £0.96p + VAT :):):):):):)

Whole job has been quoted at £30 and it will be done tomorrow lunch time as the part has had to be ordered. Apparently caused by metal fatigue :frown:

Bless her, i will have to apologise to her tomorrow as the air turned blue when i walked by the car on my way to Kathys heap of.......erm i mean Taxi (just in case she reads the forum)

Cheers ;)

lance
Wednesday 31st August 2005, 14:41
Sorted

nobananas
Wednesday 31st August 2005, 17:43
You were lucky ! When I changed the clutch on my 855 I had to resort to removing one of the selector linkages with an air chisel :eek: , in order to get the box out (it was a last resort !) Since then its always been a bit 'sticky'. A selsctor fork within the box is now bent methinks :worried:

mulletboy2
Saturday 3rd September 2005, 11:57
Glad to hear it was nothing serious J :)

'95R
Saturday 3rd September 2005, 12:29
Had a call off the garage, apparently its the cable linkage bracket that holds the cables between the stick and the box down, they have ordered the part from Volvo at a staggering cost for a small bracket, just £0.96p + VAT :):):):):):)

Cheers ;)
Justin, glad to hear all is well and things are taken care of! Sorry I didn't see this thread sooner, must have skipped over it a little :(

Hop on MSN sometime (on unblock me LOL), I miss talking to ya when I'm awake till the wee hours of my morning.