PDA

View Full Version : 850 vs type r lucky escape

dalhousie2008
Thursday 1st March 2012, 19:43
Been out collecting interiors, so had 6 front seats in the car, so a little weight.
Any how on way home just outside Cambridge had a giggle with an old shape type r.

We were either side by side or following each other up to around 80 from slip road speeds. Totally blitzed type r not a problem on pick up When I was following him I has to back off or push Him along.

Then we were set upon by a fr Leon new shape, but the driver was a bit of an idiot so i slowed to normal 60, whilst Leon driver was weaving undertaking In heavy traffic, being a real knob, then an undercover Lexus came flying past after the Leon

Lexus didn't seem that fast actually, was a time when all you had to look out for was white Volvos, not understated blue lexi

Jamest5r
Thursday 1st March 2012, 19:53
Mate, change the location(private road) or the speed of your post, its a public forum and yes we have traffic police as member's.

t5_monkey
Thursday 1st March 2012, 19:58
I presume you mean Kilometers per hour in your post ? :)

M-R-P
Thursday 1st March 2012, 20:15
Having been in his car, I can say the kmh, is more prominent than the mph.

dalhousie2008
Thursday 1st March 2012, 21:40
Sorry guys, mis typed there abit, bloody spell check

Wobbly Dave
Friday 2nd March 2012, 01:21
If you choose to race other road users - then quite frankly I'd rather not know - nor do I condone it.

Be safe out there peeps. ;)

sTe-5R
Friday 2nd March 2012, 21:21
i don't understand ! are you guys saying somebody could get done for speeding just from what they've put on a forum ?

t5_monkey
Friday 2nd March 2012, 21:23
i don't understand ! are you guys saying somebody could get done for speeding just from what they've put on a forum ?

YES! or used against you in court for another offence as evidence of a propensity for excessive speed etc...

dalhousie2008
Friday 2nd March 2012, 21:42
Begs the question, why bother reading in the first place? Wobbly

sTe-5R
Friday 2nd March 2012, 21:51
i don't believe it ! surely you can't get done for speeding just for writing a post on a forum !

Kingsford G
Friday 2nd March 2012, 21:55
YES! or used against you in court for another offence as evidence of a propensity for excessive speed etc...

Easier than nicking drugdealers and criminals like that I suppose.

dalhousie2008
Friday 2nd March 2012, 22:00
I've heard alot of people being prosecuted via you tube, racing around filming eachother. The worst was a chap who filmed racing another car, the other driver didnt know he was being filmed. then he got prosecuted, as his number plate was in the film

Kingsford G
Friday 2nd March 2012, 22:05
I've heard alot of people being prosecuted via you tube, racing around filming eachother. The worst was a chap who filmed racing another car, the other driver didnt know he was being filmed. then he got prosecuted, as his number plate was in the film

Total bs.I don`t think they can do it `cos no evidence of a calibrated and approved device has monitored the speed.Ok the car that was filming was showing 120mp/h if u fit much smaller rims and tyres u can have 120 on the clock and actual speed 75mp/h.

dalhousie2008
Friday 2nd March 2012, 22:12
I take your meaning and yes you right but if you pleaded guilty then that wouldnt be debated in court. As it happens mine quite accurate being ex plod

t5_monkey
Friday 2nd March 2012, 22:25
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/story/2010/08/10/facebook-speeding-conviction658.html

A 19-year-old man from a Toronto suburb has pleaded guilty to careless driving after boasting online that he drove 100 kilometres an hour over the speed limit on a residential street.

Boasting online
A driver boasts about going 140 km/h on a road with a 40 km/h speed limit. Read the full post.

Vladimir Rigenco was banned from driving for six months and sentenced to 12 months probation after entering his plea Aug. 5, York Regional Police said in a statement released Tuesday.

York police were approached April 9 by an American man, who informed them of a post made on an online car forum in which Rigenco described how he drove his 2006 BMW M5S in excess of 100 km/h over the speed limit on Apple Blossom Drive in Vaughan, just north of Toronto.

According to the police release, several of those who follow the BMW 5 Series forum "lambasted" him and "proved themselves responsible by not encouraging the suspect's behaviour."

Police investigated the case and arrested Rigenco on April 16 and charged him with careless driving.

As part of his sentence, Rigenco also has to complete a remedial driving course and pay a $1,000 fine.

Original post:

The title says it all basically. Anyways, yesterday I was going back home during the day time after the GYM, and when I hit the street next to my house " Appleblosom dr" the zone there is 40 km/h, as soon as I turn into that street, I stopped the car, pressed the (M) button, DSC off, max short shift, and take off 1st gear ( 8000 RPM, switch) and so on... I hit 140 in like 6 or less seconds lol, some old guy was standing on the sidewalk tlaking to another guy, he had a pencil and a paper, he decides to run into my car to stop me, but I was too fast. Do you think he could tka emy liscence number ? lol I think I was too fast, I really doubt that. Though, I gotta admit, I cant stop racing with this car, beleive it or not, I killed a black E63 AMG Last week on Dufferin street. It was almost equal but in the end I had more power.

Kingsford G
Friday 2nd March 2012, 22:31
I take your meaning and yes you right but if you pleaded guilty then that wouldnt be debated in court. As it happens mine quite accurate being ex plod

Its not the speed that kills it`s a combination of stupidity and wrong place that is dangerous.Common sence is what u need.I`ve seen cars pushing in between my car and a bike,thats at 5mp/h over limit but they could kill the biker.Oh and more ppl die from the affect of alcohol and drugs-how about that?

LiamT4
Friday 2nd March 2012, 22:39
I did see something where a video had been posted on line, showing the car and owner and then showing him speeding down a dual carriage way.

The police used the road signs to find out where it happend and then used the distance between road side objects, and the time it took the driver to travel between them to work out his speed.

The hard part is finding out where the incident occured, working out how fast he was travelling is just simple maths.

Kingsford G
Friday 2nd March 2012, 22:45
I don`t approve ppl driving stupid in public roads.If u wanna kill yourself don`t make others th suffer.I`m having 5th week off work wiv bad back from a car accident,30mp/h road side impact that done me well.

dalhousie2008
Saturday 3rd March 2012, 05:50
I don't usually speed, plus it clear when me and civic were having a giggle, I / we slowed when idiot in seat was just being a dangerous idiot.

JUDGENINJA
Saturday 3rd March 2012, 09:23
UK conviction for reference (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-494072/Convicted-YouTube-Teen-banned-driving-posting-speeding-video-online.html)

It is quite funny that this has happened, but at the same time it is quite worrying. I drive and I drive fast.... And I have the points to show for it..

Kingsford G
Saturday 3rd March 2012, 10:29
UK conviction for reference (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-494072/Convicted-YouTube-Teen-banned-driving-posting-speeding-video-online.html)

It is quite funny that this has happened, but at the same time it is quite worrying. I drive and I drive fast.... And I have the points to show for it..

That`s what I call stupidity+wrong place.

dalhousie2008
Saturday 3rd March 2012, 11:03
Fortunately I have no points, will keep that way fingers crossed as been looking at v6 clios or 911, still keep the Volvos though in moth balls