PDA

View Full Version : clutch release bearing starting to make a racket

stevie69
Wednesday 29th February 2012, 18:56
how much roughly are we talking to fix this??cheers.

smithson007
Wednesday 29th February 2012, 18:57
how much roughly are we talking to fix this??cheers.

Depends if you can do it yourself. Its a box off job so might be worth looking at doing a clutch at same time.

T5frankie
Wednesday 29th February 2012, 18:58
welcome to my world its expensive if you cant do it yourself probably £400 but may as well do clutch at the same time so full clutch job £600 ish

smithson007
Wednesday 29th February 2012, 19:02
welcome to my world its expensive if you cant do it yourself probably £400 but may as well do clutch at the same time so full clutch job £600 ish

Hows yours going now mate?

T5frankie
Wednesday 29th February 2012, 19:05
Hows yours going now mate?

car is driving well,still got that noisy release bearing though, i will see how well its going on saturday i suppose, i'm gonna put 2x comets on the front just for the run

smithson007
Wednesday 29th February 2012, 19:09
car is driving well,still got that noisy release bearing though, i will see how well its going on saturday i suppose, i'm gonna put 2x comets on the front just for the run

I aint going to make it on saturday sadly. Im having to work. Rush job that needs to be done on a saturday.
Im doing my clutch same set up as yours. Does the pedal feel ok ie. no dead pedal?

T5frankie
Wednesday 29th February 2012, 19:21
I aint going to make it on saturday sadly. Im having to work. Rush job that needs to be done on a saturday.
Im doing my clutch same set up as yours. Does the pedal feel ok ie. no dead pedal?

feels ok though not as nice as my old clutch did, everyone is pulling out lol

jayeastanglia
Wednesday 29th February 2012, 19:24
my rrlease bearing makes a little squek when at idle and if u lightly rest foot on clutch pedal makes it a bit louder but clutch fully down no noise..will take my box off when it gets warmer as well
and u will hear mine on saturday as well. and in 1400 miles hasnt got worse

stevie69
Wednesday 29th February 2012, 19:24
great...will it keep going tho or will it break down on my way to work??

T5frankie
Wednesday 29th February 2012, 19:26
just run it until it goes mate then replace the whole clutch kit

jayeastanglia
Wednesday 29th February 2012, 19:29
hope people got there breakdown cover up to date as well on saturday

T5frankie
Wednesday 29th February 2012, 19:30
it isnt harsh on cars just a couple of redline pulls

daza-b
Wednesday 29th February 2012, 19:45
ill do some clutches if need be, ill do it cheaper than everywhere else too, if its a standard swap and no modifying that is :)

bubba_1986
Wednesday 29th February 2012, 19:49
I'm looking forward to doing mine. It can't be any worse than doing it on a mk3 mondeo, whole subframe dropped on a driveway.

I know i need to drop one side and loosen the other though. Should take a weekend if no problems i reckon.

Thanks to frankie for the clutch :B_thumb:

smithson007
Wednesday 29th February 2012, 19:55
feels ok though not as nice as my old clutch did, everyone is pulling out lol

I think it prob feels a bit different because there is a slight stack height difference between the the 2 cluch setups. Im expecting to need to push the clutch further down to disengage it as the bearing is having to travel slightly further.

T5frankie
Wednesday 29th February 2012, 20:08
I think it prob feels a bit different because there is a slight stack height difference between the the 2 cluch setups. Im expecting to need to push the clutch further down to disengage it as the bearing is having to travel slightly further.

it feels like there is less travel from the floor back upwards if that makes sense

jayeastanglia
Wednesday 29th February 2012, 20:11
it isnt harsh on cars just a couple of redline pulls

my every day drive then round here atm..havent got far to drive either as only 15 mins away

mk3 mondeo are easy to do in about 3 hours start to finish as no need to fully drop the subframe or even remove the exhaust downpipe(thats on tddi/tdci engines btw) no need to do half what they say in haynes or auto data manuals..

smithson007
Wednesday 29th February 2012, 20:26
it feels like there is less travel from the floor back upwards if that makes sense

Yes i know what you mean. Bit of a strange one that though.

T5Tom
Wednesday 29th February 2012, 22:06
Sell it quick!!