PDA

View Full Version : S70R Common Faults?

MRTREE
Tuesday 28th February 2012, 15:05
Hi Guys Just Wanting A Little Advice And What To Look Out For Ive Come Accross An S70R Just Wanting To Know Weather I Should Go For It The Seller Says It Has 'COVERED 216738 MILES WITH FULL HISTORY' Ans That It May Have A Slight Gearbox Problem. Generally The Car Looks Good I Just Want To Know Weather To Go For It Or Not And What The Potential Costs Involed Are

Thanks Guys All Help Apreciated In Advance

t5 pete
Tuesday 28th February 2012, 15:12
Theres not really any major problems with the phase 1 r's appart from wear and tear but thats quite high milage so parts can be quite worn if its cheep enough then go for it but be ready to shell out on items if needed and just cheack the usual things like contamination in water or oil does it kick any smoke out check the breather etc etc

t5 pete
Tuesday 28th February 2012, 15:19
I take its the one on ebay ide be care full regarding it it says its been stolen and need a new drive shaft have they stated what is exactly wrong with the drive shaft?
To me £600-£700 max as if it turns out to be crap you will be able to break it and make your money back

MRTREE
Tuesday 28th February 2012, 15:28
Hes Actually Said Its The Gearbox Not The Driveshaft How Much You Recon For That? And I Will Take That Into Consideration

NORDIC R
Tuesday 28th February 2012, 15:29
The petrol light never goes off lol

MRTREE
Tuesday 28th February 2012, 15:30
The petrol light never goes off lol

HAHAHA They Are Thirsty Beasts Lol

t5 pete
Tuesday 28th February 2012, 16:11
Another gear box can be any thing from £100+ then theres fitting

MRTREE
Tuesday 28th February 2012, 16:17
Another gear box can be any thing from £100+ then theres fitting

Not Too Bad Are They Different Box's To The T5?

T5frankie
Tuesday 28th February 2012, 16:46
Not Too Bad Are They Different Box's To The T5?

yes they are mate, you can fit a t5 box but will lose the limited slip diff it has and you'll need the driveshafts too, i have a pair of driveshafts i will sell for that car