PDA

View Full Version : Engine 'Check' Light

grdunn
Tuesday 30th August 2005, 20:51
Driving home tonight, power changed from 5th to 3rd at 50 mph to overtake and yellow Engine Check light clicked on. No change to engine performance or idle at rest but light refuses to go out. Any ideas anyone?

krbs
Tuesday 30th August 2005, 21:25
Driving home tonight, power changed from 5th to 3rd at 50 mph to overtake and yellow Engine Check light clicked on. No change to engine performance or idle at rest but light refuses to go out. Any ideas anyone?
my light on my s60 just come on some think to do with emissions the book says

grdunn
Tuesday 30th August 2005, 21:41
You don't notice any drop in performance or running?

Al115
Tuesday 30th August 2005, 21:43
Read the fault code(s)... only way to tell.

marwen
Thursday 1st September 2005, 15:31
Hi, had same problem only recently, took to an independant to read fault codes but after resetting the light and telling me they could not find anything twice decided to take it to volvo, firstly they were cheaper than any independant to read the codes (£22.50, compared to prices up to £85),after waiting 15 minutes and drinking a cup of their coffee and eating their biscuits they told me the problem was a cracked vacuum elbow pipe hence no loss of performance but the crack was allowing more air into the system thus the engine management detects a problem. Cost £1.50 for the elbow and volvo charged me £37.50 + vat to do the job and waivered the initial £22.50 charge for reading the codes. Not bad for a dealer!!!