PDA

View Full Version : wastegate adjustment.

julek780
Monday 27th February 2012, 18:21
Hi i have just got my new 3 inch full exhaust fitted and need to know if i need to adjust the wastegate, and if yes which way do i adjust the bar, in or out, ie away or towards turbo.
Julian

Kingsford G
Monday 27th February 2012, 18:25
towards turbo as far as i know

mitchyboy01
Monday 27th February 2012, 18:27
Hi mate, have you got a boost gauge? The fitting of the exhaust shouldn't effect boost that much anyway. Don't play with the actuator without a boost gauge as minor adjustments make a big difference.

Kingsford G
Monday 27th February 2012, 18:29
Hi mate, have you got a boost gauge? The fitting of the exhaust shouldn't effect boost that much anyway. Don't play with the actuator without a boost gauge as minor adjustments make a big difference.

what is the whole prosses anyway plz?

M-R-P
Monday 27th February 2012, 18:44
Take the rod off the w/g arm, turn it clockwise half a turn. Refit, test drive and repeat as required.

mitchyboy01
Monday 27th February 2012, 18:47
Obviously on a stock map a bar of boost is about the safe max, if it's an 850 T5. Adjusting the wastegate rod for more boost will raise boost and bring it on more aggresively but I wouldn't adjust more that 2 turns from stock. It's a case of minor adjustments and running the car to full boost and monitoring gauge until boost is where you need it to be. There is a locknut on the actuator arm. Undo this and wind the wastegate fitting towards the turbo. This adds the preload to the spring. Personally I would prefer to adjust using an MBC and not touch the actuator arm.

Kingsford G
Monday 27th February 2012, 19:19
Obviously on a stock map a bar of boost is about the safe max, if it's an 850 T5. Adjusting the wastegate rod for more boost will raise boost and bring it on more aggresively but I wouldn't adjust more that 2 turns from stock. It's a case of minor adjustments and running the car to full boost and monitoring gauge until boost is where you need it to be. There is a locknut on the actuator arm. Undo this and wind the wastegate fitting towards the turbo. This adds the preload to the spring. Personally I would prefer to adjust using an MBC and not touch the actuator arm.

So if u have an mbc u don't have to messarounb wiv wastgate?

mitchyboy01
Monday 27th February 2012, 19:22
So if u have an mbc u don't have to messarounb wiv wastgate?

Correct mate. I bypassed the BCS on mine too