PDA

View Full Version : anthracite wheels anybody?

chancha
Tuesday 30th August 2005, 20:03
Guys, getting my wheels attended to in 2 weeks time. I have the choice of going down the anthracite route but I am unsure how it will clash with the saffron exterior...anybody else tried it or should I stick with silver...?

I appear to have an issue with the car between 50-85 mph.....I can sense a perceptible vibration like a wheel balance problem slightly through the steering wheel and throughout the cabin.....when I bought the car I immediately got them all balanced and thuoght it was fixed but noticed it again today......could it be that the they have not been done properly or could something else be causing it......?

TangoDeltaSierra3
Tuesday 30th August 2005, 20:33
Guys, getting my wheels attended to in 2 weeks time. I have the choice of going down the anthracite route but I am unsure how it will clash with the saffron exterior...anybody else tried it or should I stick with silver...?

I appear to have an issue with the car between 50-85 mph.....I can sense a perceptible vibration like a wheel balance problem slightly through the steering wheel and throughout the cabin.....when I bought the car I immediately got them all balanced and thuoght it was fixed but noticed it again today......could it be that the they have not been done properly or could something else be causing it......?Silver mate.

Daz T5
Tuesday 30th August 2005, 20:35
I have a Saffron V70R, which has Silver wheels in good condition, but i prefer the anthracite, reckon they set the car off more and really suit the colour, and will be having mine done soon, but i guess it's personal preference. Had a similar problem on my 850R with front end vibrations, had wheels balanced and the guy said that the front wheel was buckled (which it was slightly). Had 2 new front tyres and it cured it

Regards
Darren

stuAWD
Tuesday 30th August 2005, 20:37
If the vibration dissapeard after you had them ballanced, then came back ,its likely you have lost a weight off the rim. check for any marks where the weights should be. Hope its as simple as that.
I was goin to get my wheles anthracited, changed my mind and went comletely black, my brick is metallic regent red. I think anthracite with saffron will look tops.

Al115
Tuesday 30th August 2005, 21:43
Silver would look best on Saffron IMHO.

d14vd_h
Tuesday 30th August 2005, 23:09
set up a poll in your post mate see what the concensus is,
im a anthracite fan

mikey
Tuesday 30th August 2005, 23:12
me too!!!!!!!

chancha
Wednesday 31st August 2005, 02:31
Good idea guys but how do I do that? :)

Vikingxl
Wednesday 31st August 2005, 07:42
Silver.And i agree sounds like you have lost a balancing weight.

Al115
Wednesday 31st August 2005, 08:15
I have set up the poll for you. :)

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 31st August 2005, 12:18
Silver on saffron - the only way to go!

x

MattV70
Wednesday 31st August 2005, 13:18
I agree silver on the saffron cars, but on most of the other colours i prefer the anthracite (that's what i'm getting on mine hopefully)

stuAWD
Wednesday 31st August 2005, 16:20
Although I voted for anthracite. If I were you I would take note of the opinions of the more ordained among us.

After_Shock
Wednesday 31st August 2005, 19:14
anthracite all day!

gillespie
Wednesday 31st August 2005, 21:37
I have a saffron S70R and took the grey wheels off and put on silver khans, Silver in my opinion looks best.

chancha
Thursday 1st September 2005, 01:29
That's what I was looking for....thnaks guys for all your inputs.....looks like I'm swaying back towards silver :B_blite:

bigndaft
Tuesday 6th September 2005, 11:24
I can't decide....has anyone got a pic of the anthracite with saffron?

mulletboy2
Sunday 11th September 2005, 15:00
I had anthracite team dynanics on my blue Rover 220 tubby.. they didn't look quite right, until I added a smoked tint to the windows.. then they looked absolutely superb IMHO.

I think anthracite would go very well with saffron though.

chancha
Monday 12th September 2005, 19:52
Guys, the car went in today.....was going to go for silver as a safe bet but was persuaded to go for anthracite by my pal and the guy who is going to do the painting......I'll post the photos once I get the car back-)

M44K TS
Monday 12th September 2005, 23:30
Very good choice, I would have said Anthracite aswell.

A friends dad has a V70R in Saffron and that has the anthracite wheels aswell, looks stunning

Daz T5
Friday 16th September 2005, 20:54
As mentioned earlier in the thread my wheels were silver, just had them powder coated in anthracite, they look awesome! Good choice.

Darren

chancha
Friday 16th September 2005, 21:11
Got the car back today and I think I've made a good choice......me is happy :B_steerin

siamblue
Friday 16th September 2005, 21:44
Wheels look nice, but Silver would've stood out more, take a look at Justins in the gallery ;)

The Flying Banana
Friday 16th September 2005, 21:46
Got the car back today and I think I've made a good choice......me is happy :B_steerin

Holy F*ck, that is awsome ...you defo made the rigt chioce there buddy!!!!!

chancha
Friday 16th September 2005, 22:06
Agreed that the wheels would have stood out better with silver but hey you pays your money......prefer the quietly understated look myself :insane:

chancha
Friday 16th September 2005, 23:31
Hey, just noticed banana man...I'm only up the road from you :haha:

The Flying Banana
Friday 16th September 2005, 23:52
Hey, just noticed banana man...I'm only up the road from you :haha:

You sure are, where abouts?

chancha
Saturday 17th September 2005, 00:11
sunny crossgates....-)

Paul ABZ
Saturday 17th September 2005, 00:21
There is no choice required. Anthracite is the only option. If this was not the case, why would Volvo re-introduce the anthracite wheel in 2005 for the new R models? You get silver alloys on every scoobie, mistso and boy-racer mobile everywhere, why be the same? We are above that!

philt6
Saturday 17th September 2005, 09:39
antharacite

The Flying Banana
Monday 26th September 2005, 14:37
Seen this in the flesh on Sunday at the Golf Club Car park....surely not another one in Dunfermline!!! It looks immense in the flesh..great choice !!!

d14vd_h
Monday 26th September 2005, 15:24
nice choice my man,
may aswell = very Rish and suits the colour.
youve turned your wheels anthracite ive turned green.
a few of us scots are meetin in falkirk on 15th oct if u fancy?

chancha
Monday 26th September 2005, 17:02
I'll have a look at my shift rota and see if im off that weekend...

banana man..... couldnt have been my car you saw at the golf course...looks like there another on prowling about :)

The car goes down to VT tomorrow for a little breathing upon..cant wait