PDA

View Full Version : Heater blowers not working?

andybrown
Monday 27th February 2012, 10:07
Hi Guys,

My heaters aren't blowing at all when turned ip, when you turn the fan up, it makes a noise for a second then cuts out.

For the last 3 days, when i have turned the blowers up, an orange light has been flashing on the OFF button on the aircon controls, as well as one of the circulation buttons as well.

Anyone got any idea on this, its baffling me?!!

Andy

andybrown
Wednesday 29th February 2012, 13:21
Anyopne have any ideas? i want aircon for the summer!

Chad
Wednesday 29th February 2012, 13:41
Hi Andy,

What car is it?

andybrown
Wednesday 29th February 2012, 14:52
Hi Andy,

What car is it?

C70 T5 1999 V-reg

I fear it might be something fiddly and a pain in the backside. there is no water in the footwells, and it does give heat out - just no "blow" !!

Chad
Wednesday 29th February 2012, 18:07
Have you checked fuses etc??

Could be the fan itself, or fan control unit/heater control cluster

i have changed quite a few on various s/v/c70 series

Haizum74
Friday 2nd March 2012, 12:47
If the fuse is ok then it could be the heater blower resistor that has gone which apparently is a common issue. As you say it comes on for a second then stops, its highly unlikely its the motor itself. On some that are jiggered, the heater will only work on full when it goes as the resistor only controls speeds 1-4, for example. On the S40 its located next to the cabin filter in and under the passenger side (below glove box). Its fiddly to get to but not impossible, a new one costs around £30 IIRC. Try there first as I am not sure on the C70 unless anyone else can help with its location.