PDA

View Full Version : Pain in the arse small job.

popuptoaster
Sunday 26th February 2012, 14:26
Today i decided to see why my rear window squirter had stopped working, could hear the motor running but no water came out.

Held the button in for a bit in case the non return valve had died and the pipe had just emptied out and realised when my ankles started getting wet the pipe had come off up under the dash.

After taking a few panels out to get up behind the dash I dsicovered a whole world of annoyance.

The pipe comes through the bulkhead right up the top on the right had side, up behind a bracket that holds an ECU, you can only (just about) get one hand up there.

I have been suffering with a frozen shoulder since November so its painfull to use my left arm, which of course was the only one I could get up there.

So there I am, kneeling on the driveway, face pressed against the front of the dash, using one hand to try and push a hard plastic pipe into a soft rubber one without pushing the rubber pipe out into the engine bay and then get a cable tie back round it to stop it falling back out again.

After many swear words the job is now done and I can squirt the rear screen again.

Just thought i'd share that. :D

M-R-P
Sunday 26th February 2012, 15:14
Funny how the simplest jobs are the hardest! My rear squirter pops off the back of the wiper mechanism and. fills the boot with water! Bloody nuisanse getting the thing back on.

AndysR
Sunday 26th February 2012, 18:17
Fiddly jobs are always the worst those and the ones that in theory should "only take 5 mins".... lol

MP, can you not just use a small cable tie to hold the pipe on the back of the jet?

merc85
Sunday 26th February 2012, 19:54
Mine had never worked since owning the car, Can't belive it i pressed it the other day and low and behold it started to work Happy days lol

Dont you just love cars that repair themselves lol

smithy
Sunday 26th February 2012, 21:26
i have a saloon thank god .