PDA

View Full Version : My new 850 t5 saloon

pamdam
Saturday 25th February 2012, 19:55
Just collected ny new green 850 t5 manual saloon drives great pretty basic model with wind up windows and no fogs etc. cant wait to get to work on it tomorrow hope fully be ready for hlm on the third.
One small issue which im worried about is stringy thick bits in the oil, hoping it just dirty oil and not head gasket trouble.

£500 so not too much money wasted if it is lol. I'll get some pictures up later.

Kingsford G
Saturday 25th February 2012, 20:49
Check for coolant hoses pressurising if they remain soft u ok and do the oil change and another one after about 500miles using a quality oil will clean the engine up.Oh and congtrats wiv yr purchase.

pamdam
Saturday 25th February 2012, 22:05
Cheers buddy. Just be sad to see the old auto estate go next week. Yeah doing a change tomorrow and praying its not the head. Hate having a car off the road.

s_cowen
Saturday 25th February 2012, 23:47
Nice one sounds good, get some pics up, :smile:

pamdam
Sunday 26th February 2012, 17:14
Head is fine thank god it was condensation on the dip stick. Done the oil change filters and bled the brakes today, also gave it a good polish and fitted the new boost gauge and mbc and changed afew hoses.
I'll get pics up tomorrow at work hopefully.

pamdam
Sunday 26th February 2012, 20:42
Update just took her out with the mbc up to 1.2 bar and she went mental the auto estate i have was nnothing near this fast.
I have found a dyno print out in the history dated november 2011 with 231.5 bhp on complete standard set up.
Looking forward to hlm next weekend.

T5frankie
Sunday 26th February 2012, 20:44
Update just took her out with the mbc up to 1.2 bar and she went mental the auto estate i have was nnothing near this fast.
I have found a dyno print out in the history dated november 2011 with 231.5 bhp on complete standard set up.
Looking forward to hlm next weekend.

how did it get to 1.2 bar? was it mapped? most it should boost to is 1 bar

LiamT4
Sunday 26th February 2012, 20:49
Head is fine thank god it was condensation on the dip stick. Done the oil change filters and bled the brakes today, also gave it a good polish and fitted the new boost gauge and mbc and changed afew hoses.
I'll get pics up tomorrow at work hopefully.

Plenty of people see mayo on the dipstick and think the worst, usually just a combination of cold weather and short journeys.

A long drive usually gets rid of it.

pamdam
Sunday 26th February 2012, 21:02
how did it get to 1.2 bar? was it mapped? most it should boost to is 1 bar

yeah i think so the ecu has the bar missing again and the print out of 231 is high for a 17 year old car that was only 225 standard. It boost to 1.4 but for obvious reason i wound that back abit.

T5frankie
Sunday 26th February 2012, 21:04
definatly sounds mapped, you didn't want the s70r then?

merc85
Sunday 26th February 2012, 21:11
yeah i think so the ecu has the bar missing again and the print out of 231 is high for a 17 year old car that was only 225 standard. It boost to 1.4 but for obvious reason i wound that back abit.

231bhp was that at the Crank or wheels?

T5frankie
Sunday 26th February 2012, 21:12

ive seen mapped 850 t5's producing that power at the crank before probably started at around 200bhp

pamdam
Sunday 26th February 2012, 21:12
Still thinking about it, got offered 700 for this manual earlier by a guy who rang up about the auto i sold.
If the s70r is still around next month Ill get it.

pamdam
Sunday 26th February 2012, 21:13

wheels i think I'll find out saturday lol

T5frankie
Sunday 26th February 2012, 21:15
what does it say on the print out?

t5_monkey
Sunday 26th February 2012, 21:27
WHP is all that matters....

pamdam
Sunday 26th February 2012, 21:33
what does it say on the print out?

it just shows a graph and in top corner says 231 hp. Remember the green saloon i sent you from pistonheads theres a picture of the printout there.

T5frankie
Sunday 26th February 2012, 21:57
with 230ft lb torque i would say thats 231 bhp not whp

pamdam
Sunday 26th February 2012, 22:06
Abit rubbish but lots of work to do on it anyway. The fun starts.

T5frankie
Sunday 26th February 2012, 22:08
a good basic service would help, plugs, leads, cap and rotor, replace any old pipes and hoses etc, you may stand a better chance next time i race you lol

pamdam
Sunday 26th February 2012, 22:34
a good basic service would help, plugs, leads, cap and rotor, replace any old pipes and hoses etc, you may stand a better chance next time i race you lol

lol I'll need all the help i can get. Although i defenitely would have beaten you on a race home. Lol. Yeah changed all the small hoses today, should help abit and did the filters etc.

T5frankie
Sunday 26th February 2012, 22:36
You may have beaten me but I would have been right behind you lol

pamdam
Sunday 26th February 2012, 22:54
Yeah very close behind. Tail gater. Lol

pamdam
Monday 27th February 2012, 13:31
afew pictures of the new lady in my life lol

T5frankie
Monday 27th February 2012, 16:52
i do like the olive green ones, my 2nd favourite colour lol, get on the hunt for a 16t before the weekend lol

pamdam
Tuesday 28th February 2012, 12:01
after driving it the past few day i think Ive got to sort the clutch first its really high.
might not be going on the dyno and just coming up to make up the numbers not worth the risk.
picking up a set of wheels and tyres on the way there though lol.
I love the olive green got my eyes out for the next car already though now ive moved house we have got a 9 car drive way and triple garage. :) so lots of space for new toys.

T5frankie
Tuesday 28th February 2012, 16:52
after driving it the past few day i think Ive got to sort the clutch first its really high.
might not be going on the dyno and just coming up to make up the numbers not worth the risk.
picking up a set of wheels and tyres on the way there though lol.
I love the olive green got my eyes out for the next car already though now ive moved house we have got a 9 car drive way and triple garage. :) so lots of space for new toys.

as long as it dont slip it'll be ok

pamdam
Tuesday 28th February 2012, 17:04
nah not slipping yet. just my knee hits the wheel when i let it off. lol. is literally a foot from the floor to the bite point.
not sure if thats just normal coz it still pulls really well even with the 7 flat pack chests of draws I'm carrying around.

bigrotch
Tuesday 28th February 2012, 17:15
It won't be long befor it starts to slip by the sounds of it mate

T5frankie
Tuesday 28th February 2012, 18:24
dont wory till it goes then replace with an 850r clutch, my mussus' 850 clutch has a high clutch too been like that for 4000 miles so far

pamdam
Tuesday 28th February 2012, 23:31
Yeah been driving it today and it seems ok. Might just be me being over cautious. I will need to upgrade the clutch at some point anyway.

pamdam
Thursday 26th July 2012, 13:57
Just thought I'd update the thread with how she is now.

I have just put the bk alloys on just waiting for new rubber, then the plan is to get her on coil overs hopefully by next weekend so I can go to Santa Pod for ultimate street car.

Feel free to post your pics on here if you have Coil overs on id like to see the stance.

Also I am looking for a steering boss if you have one?