PDA

View Full Version : what should my boost be ?

scrod
Saturday 25th February 2012, 14:21
hi all not sure whats right ive fitted the boost guauge now t in to the pipe from the manifold to the turbo is this the right one ? now my gauge is in psi reading -22 at tickover 0 around 3k and upto 15 at redline then the juddering starts at 10 or so whats normal boost surposed to be as not sure if its overboosting and fuel being cut to proctect please help :B_newbie:scrod

mitchyboy01
Saturday 25th February 2012, 15:00
hi all not sure whats right ive fitted the boost guauge now t in to the pipe from the manifold to the turbo is this the right one ? now my gauge is in psi reading -22 at tickover 0 around 3k and upto 15 at redline then the juddering starts at 10 or so whats normal boost surposed to be as not sure if its overboosting and fuel being cut to proctect please help :B_newbie:scrod

Hi mate. If your car is a stock T4 full boost should be 14.5psi and your vacuum sounds about right.

scrod
Saturday 25th February 2012, 15:19
thanks will go and price some nice new spark plugs from my dealer as seams to be the first port of call and some optimax to follow maybe that will cure the juddering regards
scrod

Haizum74
Saturday 25th February 2012, 16:01
thanks will go and price some nice new spark plugs from my dealer as seams to be the first port of call and some optimax to follow maybe that will cure the juddering regards
scrod

I wouldnt panic too much regarding the fuel. I have been using sainsburys unleaded without any issues. I put the stronger stuff in every now and again if going to a meet but I havent really noticed any difference at all. Now replacing the sparks certainly stopped the juddering.

craigoodwood
Saturday 25th February 2012, 16:24
hi all not sure whats right i've fitted the boost gauge now t in to the pipe from the manifold to the turbo is this the right one?
i will probably be proved wrong but the boost gauge shouldn't 'T' off from the pipe from manifold to turbo... it should come straight off the inlet manifold to read the boost pressure inside the inlet shirley? :)