PDA

View Full Version : AirCon playing up

bigndaft
Tuesday 30th August 2005, 13:13
Anyone know of a good independant engineer in the Manchester area?
When i slide the fan on it starts blowing for a few seconds then turns itself off and the two lights, one on the aircon button and the other on the air circulation button flash. :pants: Anyone had the same problem?

S40 T4
Tuesday 30th August 2005, 14:02
ive had that happen a couple of times on my s40, not for more than about a min, then it sorts itself out & works perfectly. But it hasn't happened at all in the last 2 months & its been getting a fair bit of use.

audimadmike
Tuesday 30th August 2005, 14:51
Does the fan work normally without the air con on?
Is the recirc.. button off?
When you switch ac on do you hear the engine revs rise or a click from the engine compartment?

Mike

bigndaft
Wednesday 31st August 2005, 14:35
Thanks guys for the posts...
what happens is when i turn the fan on it blows for a few seconds then the recirculation button and the aircon off button flash amber and the fan stops.
if i try the aircon on button it does stop flashing amber and the engine revs drop with the 'click' you mentioned. i left it running for a few mins but the fan did'nt start up. I know its not been serviced or re-gassed so best get it looked at. :B_steerin

foz
Wednesday 31st August 2005, 14:50
It sounds like there is a fault in the blower motor causing something like excess current draw. I would check out the fan and make sure something isn't jamming it or it hasn't got damaged windings before questioning other parts. BTW if the click and engine revs change it suggests the aircon is actually ok.