PDA

View Full Version : Removing the private plate

T4Rick
Friday 24th February 2012, 16:55
I bought a beemer last yr and it come with a private plate but no paper work for it.I want to go to the original plates that was surposed to be a P plate how do i go about this.

JUDGENINJA
Friday 24th February 2012, 17:26
Never done it myself, but parents did. Unless you've got the original number plate on retainer you will be given a date related plate and not the original one. Just pop into the DVLA and pay £80(that's what it use to be).

rikcougar
Friday 24th February 2012, 18:13
Fill in the dvla forms, pay the £80 fee and if the original reg is unassigned they will automatically use that, otherwise it will be date related.

What are you doing with the private plate, if you don`t retain it you will lose it

local-looney
Friday 24th February 2012, 20:48
i bought an s60 a few weeks ago,came with private plate,put mine on national numbers website for sale..this way,no fees,otherwise,as above,it will cost ya..

T4Rick
Friday 24th February 2012, 21:49
i bought an s60 a few weeks ago,came with private plate,put mine on national numbers website for sale..this way,no fees,otherwise,as above,it will cost ya..

Hi mate do i have to have paper work for this private plate to sell it.

claymore
Friday 24th February 2012, 21:58
As long as you've got the log book in your name, then the plate's yours

local-looney
Friday 24th February 2012, 22:12

as put,if u have log book,yours to sell
try national numbers,quoted a good return if my sells

jayeastanglia
Friday 24th February 2012, 22:20
you need the v5c in your name first assuming someone hasnt already removed the plate before you got the car..also i am pretty sure to remove a plate the car needs mot on it

T4Rick
Friday 24th February 2012, 22:53
as put,if u have log book,yours to sell
try national numbers,quoted a good return if my sells

So how does this work.Do i approach some body to sell my plate and the company take payment if they sell it?.And does the person who buys the plate have to pay for the fees and retention fee etc?How would you get your new plate if you have sold it?does dvla automaticly assign you a new one lol.Im sorry for all the questions im just very interested to no so i can get shut of my plate

claymore
Saturday 25th February 2012, 07:39
When you transfer a plate to another, dvla will issue a new age related plate for your car, that's what the £80 is for.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/PersonalisedRegAndNumberPlates/DG_4022576

local-looney
Saturday 25th February 2012, 12:28
So how does this work.Do i approach some body to sell my plate and the company take payment if they sell it?.And does the person who buys the plate have to pay for the fees and retention fee etc?How would you get your new plate if you have sold it?does dvla automaticly assign you a new one lol.Im sorry for all the questions im just very interested to no so i can get shut of my plate

hi,i went online and got a valuation to me when the plate is sold,if mine sells,im due 600 to me....
national numbers sell it at their price and take their "cut"
new owner pays fees,dvla issue age related plate..all it costs is the price of new reg plates to be made up....
but bear in mind...if they sell!!
i found this the easiest way to try and rid myself of mine.....:B_thumb:

craigoodwood
Saturday 25th February 2012, 16:50
also it'll say on the logbook if the plate is transferable, i had an impreza with a plate valued by one of them companies for 800 but it said on the logbook non-transferable :(