PDA

View Full Version : My powerflex engine top mount is costing me a fortune!!

T5Tom
Thursday 23rd February 2012, 23:14
I fitted my first poly bush tonight which was the engine top mount. along with a Volvo strut brace and what a difference it has made! The noise inside the car now is like sex for my ears and it makes me put my foot down ALL THE TIME! I drove a massively long way round because It was that good aswel as the handling now. I'll definately be doing my wishbones soon... Infact sod it... I'm ordering them now :D

WOODY T5
Thursday 23rd February 2012, 23:17
think the poly top mount was my first mods mate sounds great

Kingsford G
Thursday 23rd February 2012, 23:20
think the poly top mount was my first mods mate sounds great

If it makes u put yr foot down all the time not a good idea to have one living in Hull lol Those hamberside coppers everywhere allways c the subaru and M3 cruising or sittin on a bridge.

M-R-P
Thursday 23rd February 2012, 23:21
My first mod was a cone filter. The noise still makes me smile - BWAAAAAAAR - SSHUUUSSSS :)
Then polybushes for the wishbones.

Volvostorm
Thursday 23rd February 2012, 23:21
Wait till you fit a poly to the bulkhead mount then! :eye-poppi

T5Tom
Thursday 23rd February 2012, 23:25
My first mod was a cone filter. The noise still makes me smile - BWAAAAAAAR - SSHUUUSSSS :)
Then polybushes for the wishbones.

I just read you thread about them mate, so im blaming you if I get a slap from the Mrs for spending more money on my 'old man's car' lol!

M-R-P
Thursday 23rd February 2012, 23:27
She's our only car mate. Gotta make subtle mods or I'll get told off by the missus lol. I'm gonna get a slightly louder backbox when i can afford it, nothing special tho.

T5Tom
Thursday 23rd February 2012, 23:28

Is there more???

:D I'm ordering them too then lol

Just had a look in the website and I was a little confused, I'm ordering the wishbone kit, but which others will I need?

M-R-P
Thursday 23rd February 2012, 23:31
I just read you thread about them mate, so im blaming you if I get a slap from the Mrs for spending more money on my 'old man's car' lol!

Bigger is better mate, go for a cheap dual cone, about 20quid. Leave the bottom half of the airbox in place and rest the maf on it (it supports it nicely) the airbox amplifies the noise ;)enjoy.

Volvostorm
Thursday 23rd February 2012, 23:33
Is there more???

:D I'm ordering them too then lol

Just had a look in the website and I was a little confused, I'm ordering the wishbone kit, but which others will I need?

Powerflex don't make a bulkhead mount for an 850, but, they do for a V70, but then you will need the V70 mount to fit, its bigger, but it does fit the 850

WOODY T5
Thursday 23rd February 2012, 23:37
Powerflex don't make a bulkhead mount for an 850, but, they do for a V70, but then you will need the V70 mount to fit, its bigger, but it does fit the 850they do mate just put one on my 850 have a look on ebay cost me 15 pound

LiamT4
Thursday 23rd February 2012, 23:38
I'm just not a fan of the polybushes on the engine mounts, makes it to harsh for my liking. Just removing the main silencer on my s70r gave me plenty of noise and feel, adding the polybush would be too much for everyday.

Volvostorm
Thursday 23rd February 2012, 23:39
they do mate just put one on my 850 have a look on ebay cost me 15 pound

Thats good, when I asked them, they didn't, and had no plans too

T5Tom
Thursday 23rd February 2012, 23:58
they do mate just put one on my 850 have a look on ebay cost me 15 pound

Do you have a link mate and was is a direct fit?

Dan850r
Thursday 23rd February 2012, 23:59
Thats good, when I asked them, they didn't, and had no plans too

Yeah got one on mine, had both now, the later one is a lot louder then an 850 one, prefer the 850 to be Honest

WOODY T5
Friday 24th February 2012, 00:20
Do you have a link mate and was is a direct fit?yes dir fit pm`d u

T5Tom
Friday 24th February 2012, 00:27
cheers mate, these will be getting ordered now :)

t5_monkey
Friday 24th February 2012, 00:44
polybushing for the win!

T5frankie
Friday 24th February 2012, 06:08
I'm taking mine off lol

jayeastanglia
Friday 24th February 2012, 08:38

oh yeah and a blanking kit on the standard recirc valve and they sound awesome..keep hearing the sound in my sleep some days..

and yes they do a poly bush kit for a 850 just look on ebay and a few pop up,the bulkhead bush is yellow and is easy to fit while you are doing the top mount bush,I found my top mount a bit tight to refit to my car but then it was -2 outside