PDA

View Full Version : S60 Test Run

TangoDeltaSierra3
Monday 29th August 2005, 22:23
Well i was bored tonight and as i aint really test drove the car in anger since my modifications i went for a test drive on a road that i could compare with my old S70. All i can say is the difference in handling is outstanding. I aint altered any of the suspension settings yet but as it is it's ace, also the Ferodo Ds2500 pads are 10x better than the EBC Reds i had in my S70, instant bite, no fade, well impressed, and 138mph on a private test track i frequent.

Vikingxl
Monday 29th August 2005, 22:24
Good to see you are still enjoying it and are happy with the mods.

volvotuning
Monday 29th August 2005, 23:11
Craig,

Same here with my S60! Even on the 16" wheels and the standard suspension, it handles better than my 850R did with it's modified suspension. Just shows what happens in 10 years of chassis development.

Adam.

TangoDeltaSierra3
Monday 29th August 2005, 23:29
Craig,

Same here with my S60! Even on the 16" wheels and the standard suspension, it handles better than my 850R did with it's modified suspension. Just shows what happens in 10 years of chassis development.

Adam.Yeah lol, i wonder if i needed to have the Konis fitted after all.

volvotuning
Monday 29th August 2005, 23:33
Remember that your Konis are adjustable. Stock suspension is not. So you can tweak it for better handling.

Adam.

TangoDeltaSierra3
Tuesday 30th August 2005, 10:44
Remember that your Konis are adjustable. Stock suspension is not. So you can tweak it for better handling.

Adam.I have only found 1 key to adjust them, is there normally 1 for each side does anyone know ?

p fandango
Tuesday 30th August 2005, 13:58
no you do only get the 1, i always think its a good idea to have 1 on each turret

make sure you keep the adjusters well greased, they can snap quite easily if you decide to adjust them after a leaving them alone for a long period of time