PDA

View Full Version : Changing from Standard Unit

Mr_Shed
Wednesday 22nd February 2012, 19:52
Hi

I have V70 with HU850 headunit, unfortunatly it has developed the dreaded 'CD Error' message.

Quandry is wether to repair old unit or buy new unit and mounting plate, any thought on complications/benefits would be appreciated.

thanks

Tony

I want a T5
Thursday 23rd February 2012, 05:40
I have a fully working, identical unit in grey you can have for the price of a tenner plus postage.

I have the code too.

wegal
Thursday 23rd February 2012, 15:11
damn thats a good price !!!

As a rule the HU850 units cant be repaired, its the disk selector arm that breaks, the new ones from volvo are an uprated version, but they are about £800 if i remeber right ( I should remember, I bought one !!)

If T5 will do it for a tenner, Id rip his arm off !!

I want a T5
Thursday 23rd February 2012, 15:58
One minor problem.......I §§§§§§ed up the entering of the code so you will need to sit and watch it do nothing for 2 hours with the car ignition on while it decides to let you back in to enter the code!

Thats why its cheap!

Mr_Shed
Thursday 23rd February 2012, 19:03
Hi I want a T5

that sounds gd offer, is it compatible with a 56 plate, heard they were coded to the car?

How can i send you payment, send me a pm with details

Thanks

Tony

I want a T5
Thursday 23rd February 2012, 21:06
I have no idea re the coding to the car.... Yours may be but I doubt mine is as it is out of a V plate P1 V70.

Just checked mine though and its has the code SC-805 on the front above the tape hole. I think you must be a P2? If you are, then ,ine wont fit as its from a P1 and is a double DIN job.

wegal
Friday 24th February 2012, 10:53
They are coded to the car, but thats not a problem, fit the unit, take it to a volvo indy, or volvo itself and they will do the software thing for about £25.

As I understand it the unit will not work in a new car unless its paired to it using volvo software.

wegal
Friday 24th February 2012, 10:56
Tape hole ??? hehe, what on earth is a tape ?? :-)

The HU850 is a dash mount 6 disk cd unit with dolby pro logic. I think the one T5 has is a weeeee bit older than a HU850.

I want a T5
Friday 24th February 2012, 11:23
13 years old in fact!