PDA

View Full Version : Weird whine noise

Haizum74
Tuesday 21st February 2012, 19:48
So the other day I start the engine and this whiney type noise starts. No woman in the passenger seat so I thought I would share to see if anyone can tell me what it could be.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27820890/VID_20120221_084823.mp4

In the video it sounds like a hoover in the distance (if that makes any sense). Aircon is off, heating is off, it only happens when the engine is running. It seems to be louder near the back but its coming from the front (yeh I couldnt quite work that out either)

Any ideas please?

Volvostorm
Tuesday 21st February 2012, 20:11
Fuel pump?

Haizum74
Tuesday 21st February 2012, 21:34
Fuel pump?

It crossed my mind. I am assuming that her having a bit of trouble starting after switching off the engine and turning on five minutes later could possibly attribute to that? Bearing in mind my mechanical mind is zero on cars.

Volvostorm
Tuesday 21st February 2012, 21:42
The video was a bit quiet, its the only thing I could think that would make that noise, but, it should stop after a few seconds, once the pressure has built up.

LiamT4
Tuesday 21st February 2012, 21:42
I can't get the sound clip to work!??

From what you are saying, it could be the fuel pump. They do make a noise when they are on the way out.

Haizum74
Tuesday 21st February 2012, 23:36
The video was a bit quiet, its the only thing I could think that would make that noise, but, it should stop after a few seconds, once the pressure has built up.

Its constant until I turn her off

I can't get the sound clip to work!??

From what you are saying, it could be the fuel pump. They do make a noise when they are on the way out.

Its video dude, should work with VLC Player