PDA

View Full Version : apexi settings

nottsgreent5
Tuesday 21st February 2012, 18:30
hi all ive had a apexi acvr for a while now and will be fitting it to the new car soon is there anyone on here that could advise me on some good base settings for it but its got to be for the auto box it puzzles me abit as they dont use psi/bar lol any help would be great as i dont want to blow this one lol

glock19
Wednesday 22nd February 2012, 00:02
Have you got the manual ? All hooked up ? It's odd that my AVC-R has no TPS input compared to the ones mentioned in the market, yours too ?

What boost level are you going for ?
Are you controlling boost through RPM or Duty Cycle ?

nottsgreent5
Wednesday 22nd February 2012, 19:25
its not hooked up yet had it in my old running as a basic boost controller and not connected to the ecu i would like to run it thru rpm so the boost can be set to the revs and not have massive spikes on kick down would like most of the boost higher up the rev range im only going to be running 16t rica 304 and blues so it wont be massive boost levels but would be nice to control it a bit better

Volvostorm
Wednesday 22nd February 2012, 19:32
Which AVCR is it?

There is a few types about

I have an older one, looks nothing like the ones you normally see

nottsgreent5
Wednesday 22nd February 2012, 20:34
mines just the normal one you see for sale on ebay silver looking big thing lol

Volvostorm
Wednesday 22nd February 2012, 20:49
The one that looks like a cheap halfords stereo! ;)

Can't help with the setting sorry, I'm still in two minds to it mine or not, got it because it came up at a good price.

nottsgreent5
Wednesday 22nd February 2012, 21:09
im same with mine mate not sure what to do with it and ive just been offerd a stage 2 map as a swap for it so im not sure at all know what to do lol

LiamT4
Wednesday 22nd February 2012, 22:30
P fandango was going to help me fit it. He said its quite a versitile bit of kit and there was a few things you can do with them.

glock19
Wednesday 22nd February 2012, 23:22
its not hooked up yet had it in my old running as a basic boost controller and not connected to the ecu i would like to run it thru rpm so the boost can be set to the revs and not have massive spikes on kick down would like most of the boost higher up the rev range im only going to be running 16t rica 304 and blues so it wont be massive boost levels but would be nice to control it a bit better

You'll need to determine the duty cycle setting first and then it'll be easy. In fact I use the DC more than BOOST control on the unit. The auto setup is also simpler as you can disregard the Gear Shift function. The hardest part of fixing this is to run the wires from the bottom of the ECU to the cabin but patience is the name of the game.

I'm sure P.Fandango will be a needed asset if you are in knots.