PDA

View Full Version : HLM 304 Remap and Forge MBC, or not?

foammanmark
Friday 17th February 2012, 20:35
Took the T5 for a good run this afternoon after having the remapped ECU put back on the car yesterday. I would class the car now as more than adequately quick, and I'm now in 2 minds about the MBC.

Is there any point in fitting the MBC when I've got the HLM304 remap please?

bigrotch
Friday 17th February 2012, 20:39
With mbc boost will come on earlier and u can up the boost as yr map will be set to 16psi max if I remember correctly.. Mbc u can go upto what u want ie 20psi just takecare tho

mitchyboy01
Friday 17th February 2012, 21:10
One of the best mods you can buy is an AFR gauge. Takes all the guess work out of it and gives you peace of mind when playing with the boost. MBC is good fun with my LC1!!

daza-b
Friday 17th February 2012, 21:25
u may as well mate, u bought it...so use it lol

smithson007
Friday 17th February 2012, 21:37
Im actually thinking of going back to my standard BCS at the min.

T5frankie
Friday 17th February 2012, 23:07
Ain't you fitted that yet? lol, the difference is immense mate whack it on it will feel much more powerful

volvo
Friday 17th February 2012, 23:09
just make sure you set it up correctly and keep in mind that many have bent the rods due to incorrect setup/driving style!

foammanmark
Saturday 18th February 2012, 09:05
Ain't you fitted that yet? lol, the difference is immense mate whack it on it will feel much more powerful

No mate, the remap has happened first and I'm quite happy with the difference that has made. Smithson007 is putting the MBC on today, if I decide to go for it. I have a gauge as well, so we'll be careful.

bigrotch
Saturday 18th February 2012, 09:53
You must have a separate boost gauge mate ok otherwise u won't know what ya boosting

foammanmark
Saturday 18th February 2012, 22:01
You must have a separate boost gauge mate ok otherwise u won't know what ya boosting

I decided to not put the MBC on my car and did a deal with Daza-B for it. Smithson did a fantastic job with the boost gauge today, and it's hitting around 15psi. I'm spending most of my time watching the boost gauge rather than the speedo though, cos it's so eye catching. The car feels so much quicker since the remap, and that is £150 very well spent!