PDA

View Full Version : Any idea's ?

peteT5
Wednesday 15th February 2012, 20:58
I've recently had a dead battery along with that my clocks stopping working then the engine electrical fault light come on? I've replaced battery and clocks with the hope that the light would go off but it's not and car fan still comes on when ignition is turned on along with runing lumpy for about 3 minutes still, I've had the car hooked up on code reader but no faults showing on two different readers?? Could this be IAC valve? MAF? Or ECU problem any ideas peeps cheers

shepbomb
Wednesday 15th February 2012, 21:01
I know from when ive played with my MAF, when you unplug it, the fans kick in, dont know if this is any help at all..

Volvostorm
Wednesday 15th February 2012, 21:03
Have you tried wriggling the ignition key while the car is running? the switch at the back of the barrel wears, and gives all sorts of electrical fun!

peteT5
Wednesday 15th February 2012, 21:26
Have you tried wriggling the ignition key while the car is running? the switch at the back of the barrel wears, and gives all sorts of electrical fun!

I've had all the ignition checked all appears fine. When I unplugged the maf the car just died and cut out?

Nealevo
Wednesday 15th February 2012, 21:31
I'm not saying that this is your problem but, I had a similar problem with my 850, after lots or money thrown at it, it turned out to be a faulty ECU, do you have anyone you could borrow one off and try.

shepbomb
Wednesday 15th February 2012, 21:44
Im sure somebody has an 850 advertised as breaking on here

PHIL V70R
Wednesday 15th February 2012, 21:51
my fans came on when the temp senser went down and run lumpy then stop...replaced temp senser and its ok now mate..

peteT5
Wednesday 15th February 2012, 21:52
I'm not saying that this is your problem but, I had a similar problem with my 850, after lots or money thrown at it, it turned out to be a faulty ECU, do you have anyone you could borrow one off and try.

No unfortunately, the car has a Rica 280 remap too just wondering weather this could cause fault?

peteT5
Wednesday 15th February 2012, 21:56
my fans came on when the temp senser went down and run lumpy then stop...replaced temp senser and its ok now mate..

I thought with clocks not working and ECU not knowing of engine temp it may have gone in to a safe mode? But now clocks are working and still the same I think this is next one to try fingers crossed

PHIL V70R
Wednesday 15th February 2012, 22:00
I thought with clocks not working and ECU not knowing of engine temp it may have gone in to a safe mode? But now clocks are working and still the same I think this is next one to try fingers crossed

15 min job 2 do, and easy fix parts are inexpensive as well think it cost me 25+vat..

peteT5
Wednesday 15th February 2012, 22:13
15 min job 2 do, and easy fix parts are inexpensive as well think it cost me 25+vat..

Yea will give it a go ;)